Nike Fat Asses?

If that is a fat ass I heart fat asses.

“it is the border collie that herds skinny women away from the best deals at clothing sales”

Nice…

The writer is just saying they appreciate a woman who isn’t petite being used in an advert, and that it’s more comforting to fat people seeing as it’d be “more obtainable”. I can’t say I care about large people finding solace in adverts, I’m happy to see a culo in a Nike ad that isn’t flat as a board though.

I love the irony here, showing how stupid a large portion of people are. The author ranting about how this ad shows that “large/big/thick/chubby/fat” is now being accepted by ads such as this, insinuating the ad advertises a “fat” woman…wtf. That ass is perfect. Why in the hell a girl would want a “tiny” ass as he put it, is fucking beyond me.

[quote]goldengloves wrote:
The writer is just saying they appreciate a woman who isn’t petite being used in an advert, and that it’s more comforting to fat people seeing as it’d be “more obtainable”. I can’t say I care about large people finding solace in adverts, I’m happy to see a culo in a Nike ad that isn’t flat as a board though.[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying as it applies to the masses, but from my point of view I put a lot of time and effort into my ass so the idea that it is more obtainable angers me. You can diet and lose the pounds, but you have to push and sweat and scream to build the muscle.

That said, Nike is usually pretty good with the, “I am woman hear me roar” campaigns so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. However, I feel the author of the article missed the boat on this one. I think it is saying that strength/power is beautiful not regular people sitting on their couch have nice asses too.

I’ve seen pics of muscular women on non-lifting sites and the comments are asinine; even a chick with a little muscle will be called mannish. Ridiculous! But I suppose if you are going to change the popular perception you need to start with the best parts about having muscle and you do that by highlighting a tight high ass and not cannonball delts. Baby steps.

i hope fat people dont think thats what their butt looks like. i’d kill for that butt.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Just found this: [/quote]

I’m clearly the only person that’s amused by the fact that she’s calling her ass a “space heater” - too many hard boiled eggs?

I agree with SP and I’ll add - this is advertising! They’ve done focus groups and market research and whatnot. The people demand big muscular butts!!

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

I’m clearly the only person that’s amused by the fact that she’s calling her ass a “space heater” - too many hard boiled eggs?

I agree with SP and I’ll add - this is advertising! They’ve done focus groups and market research and whatnot. The people demand big muscular butts!![/quote]

i noticed the space heater thing … i assume she’s created a dutch oven

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[/quote]

i noticed the space heater thing … i assume she’s created a dutch oven [/quote]

Nothing like a nice hot one under the covers…work it out gurl!

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

The writer is just saying they appreciate a woman who isn’t petite being used in an advert, and that it’s more comforting to fat people seeing as it’d be “more obtainable”. I can’t say I care about large people finding solace in adverts, I’m happy to see a culo in a Nike ad that isn’t flat as a board though.[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying as it applies to the masses, but from my point of view I put a lot of time and effort into my ass so the idea that it is more obtainable angers me. You can diet and lose the pounds, but you have to push and sweat and scream to build the muscle.

That said, Nike is usually pretty good with the, “I am woman hear me roar” campaigns so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. However, I feel the author of the article missed the boat on this one. I think it is saying that strength/power is beautiful not regular people sitting on their couch have nice asses too.

I’ve seen pics of muscular women on non-lifting sites and the comments are asinine; even a chick with a little muscle will be called mannish. Ridiculous! But I suppose if you are going to change the popular perception you need to start with the best parts about having muscle and you do that by highlighting a tight high ass and not cannonball delts. Baby steps.[/quote]

I think it is more obtainable though. Most of what I see in advertising is only available to people who have the genetics or surgery but a muscular ass can be achieved, even if it’s not easy.

I can’t look for them while I’m at work but I liked the rest of the series of ads that went with them. I think if you google image search “Nike butt” you’ll see the thigh and back ads that go with it.

It annoys me that skinny, flat assed women with 16 inch thighs are usually what is usually portrayed as an ideal by special k, dannon and all those companies targeting women. There was a time when that’s what I thought I wanted to have.

[quote]Nards wrote:
^^ The front of that left thigh is pretty weird.[/quote]

You’re right. I think there was some photoshop to enhance the overall butt-enosity of the photo

[quote]debraD wrote:

I’ve seen pics of muscular women on non-lifting sites and the comments are asinine; even a chick with a little muscle will be called mannish. Ridiculous! But I suppose if you are going to change the popular perception you need to start with the best parts about having muscle and you do that by highlighting a tight high ass and not cannonball delts. Baby steps.[/quote]

I think it is more obtainable though. Most of what I see in advertising is only available to people who have the genetics or surgery but a muscular ass can be achieved, even if it’s not easy.

I can’t look for them while I’m at work but I liked the rest of the series of ads that went with them. I think if you google image search “Nike butt” you’ll see the thigh and back ads that go with it.

It annoys me that skinny, flat assed women with 16 inch thighs are usually what is usually portrayed as an ideal by special k, dannon and all those companies targeting women. There was a time when that’s what I thought I wanted to have.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I feel the writer is expressing and I was elaborating on; most women simply can’t look like the petite model even while putting the effort in to looking like that, the woman in the Nike adverts is far from chubby but presents a more obtainable physique.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

Would hit it.

i definitely would

[quote]debraD wrote:

It annoys me that skinny, flat assed women with 16 inch thighs are usually what is usually portrayed as an ideal by special k, dannon and all those companies targeting women. There was a time when that’s what I thought I wanted to have.[/quote]

Not to split hairs as I think we pretty much agree, but from my point of view, you can get super skinny with a shit load of speed and no exercise. I’m not saying it is healthy, but you can.

I’m taking into account that people are lazy and always looking for a quick fix so through that reasoning an ab lounge and a solid coke/meth addiction can get you skeletal thin like a lot of the models. An ass like that picture though requires dedication.

I’m more thinking about my own past. I had a pretty good speed addiction going on for a while and all I needed to do was keep a steady supply of ephederine and laxatives around to get really, really skinny. It was passive weight loss.

A woman who loses weight and puts on muscle has to revamp diet to make sure she is also feeding her body as she is building muscle. She is sweating her ass off in the gym on a daily basis and pushing herself harder each and every day. It takes a person with a strong character to make a change like that.

To my way of thinking, both body types are “obtainable” but one requires a lot more work. Like I said, its splitting hairs and I would much rather see strong, athletic women with a body type that is more sustainable and healthy, but if it comes down to what can be obtained with the least amount of work I would say skinny fat is.

Theres white booty in here.

Here are some of the others:

[quote]debraD wrote:
.[/quote]

You have a fat ass, thunder thighs and shoulders like a man.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Here are some of the others:[/quote]

I approve.