T Nation

Nighttime Shake While Cutting

Hey I im thinkin of trimmin up just a little for summer…i currently drink
Metabolic Drive right before bed because its slow digesting…is it counterproductive to drink a shake right before bed if im tryin to cut up a little?

I think you’re asking to lose muscle if you don’t. I’ve been using Metabolic Drive before bed for a couple months and have dropped a significant amount of fat.

[quote]facko wrote:
Hey I im thinkin of trimmin up just a little for summer…i currently drink Metabolic Drive right before bed because its slow digesting…is it counterproductive to drink a shake right before bed if im tryin to cut up a little?[/quote]

No. I take a shake right before bed no matter what I’m doing. I tend to add more stuff to it if I’m bulking, if I’m dieting its just 2 scoops and 3 tablespoons of milled flax seeds.

[quote]facko wrote:
Hey I im thinkin of trimmin up just a little for summer…i currently drink Metabolic Drive right before bed because its slow digesting…is it counterproductive to drink a shake right before bed if im tryin to cut up a little?[/quote]

Don’t skip out on the shake. Just have the Metabolic Drive with water (low carb, low fat, and, like you said, slow digesting protein). It won’t be detrimental to your cutting cycle, and it’ll ensure that whatever muscle you have won’t get broken down while you sleep.