T Nation

nightimefeeding

Has anyone tried nightime feeding as suggested in the “stop the catabolic insanity” article?What have your results been?

Thanks,
Rob

I’ve tried it but haven’t been consistent. I gave up because my protein powder has carbs in it so is not ideal for a night feed, as I found it hard to wake up in the morn. People who have done this for a week or so report increased strength in the gym, so it DOES work in that respect.

I’ve been doing it consistently for about 2 or 3 weeks and one thing i have noticed is that my recovery has been much better workout to workout and I haven;t had a problem with overtraining at the end of a three week cycle like was before I started.(I am cutting)
:slight_smile: Groove

tried it as part of my cutting cycle for a week, but for me, and i say FOR ME, it seem to slow my progress. It was a protien shake only with water, only 1.8 g carbs in the shake. I seem to cut better without the night feeding, but for bulking i think it should be great.

I did it while cutting last year, i think it did help me hang on to some mass. I wanna try it again w/ a little fridge next to my bed and little single serving cottage cheeses.

I have been doing it for about a month now. I love it! I have more energy than in the past. I feel strong, and my workouts are pretty good too. My wife thinks I am nuts though

I have been trying it for about 2 weeks now. And I must say that I like it! I thought it would be a pain in the ass getting up in the middle of the night and drinking some protein, but I have to get up anyways to take a piss, so its no big deal. I don’t think I am seeing any significant gains as of yet…but as everything else, it takes time, and I am confident that this will be worth it!

I always wake up in the middle of the night to urinate, so I take the opportunity to eat. Usually I eat about 12 oz of 1% low fat cottage cheese. I don’t really know if it’s making a difference.