Nightime Eating!

6’3", 280 @ 14% and you are eating salads and having protein shakes during the day? Seriously?

[quote]Navin Johnson wrote:
I actually dreamed of nuts[/quote]

I actually read a very interesting article I will attempt for find again but it stated that the reason someone can stick to their diet and meal plan precisely all day long but give in and succumb to temptation and snacking during bedtime and the middle of the night is that discipline and willpower are a finite psychological emotions that each human has and as the day goes on just as with energy levels, cognitive function, and many other human capacities they start to diminish. I found this incredibly interesting for the fact that I don’t even consider straying from my diet during the day but I’ll be damned if after a long and busy day of work, school and 2-3 split training sessions by the time 10 PM rolls around I’m ready to eat a double decker chocolate cake! This also leads me into my portion of advice…if you don’t want to eat it, then don’t have it in the house. Eventually your discipline will break down and you will surely end up chowing down and then feel like a fat, guilty lonesome girl on prom night smashing the gallon of ice cream. The motivational sign on the fridge to STOP EATING or a picture of your goal physique is also a very strong motivator too.

So what do you normally eat? I mean calories, how much protein, carbs and fat.

If you eat enough during the day you wouldn’t have to binge at night but if you DO wake up because you’re hungry, why not eat something like a chicken-breast? That’s what I do.

Professor X is spot on as usual :wink:

There is a disorder called night eatting disorder. You don’t have it.

Eat more through the day, especially more protien.

Get some will power too, if you know you shouldn’t eat it don’t eat it, it’s not rocket science.

Serriously you need more than salads and a maybe protien shake.

Nobody seems to know what the issue is here. One person says have some willpower and put the fork down and another says you’re not eating enough!

[quote]shorty_blitz wrote:
Nobody seems to know what the issue is here. One person says have some willpower and put the fork down and another says you’re not eating enough! [/quote]

Reread the thread.

It was suggested to eat more DURING THE DAY. And was also suggested to stop eating in the middle of the night.

Lol that makes sense!

I go through phases when I wake up and eat in the middle of the night. Usually I end up eating peanut butter off of a spoon or almonds or something. Sometimes 1% cheese if I am lucid enough to use a knife.

But I’m not a bb and I don’t keep track of my macros. Also a vegetarian so my eating habits are pretty unconventional to start with. And I keep weird hours. And I’m a girl so maybe my opinion is useless. No other women seem to have posted in this thread.

Personally, I have planted my fine ass in the “eat when you are hungry” camp. This is problematic if you are NOT hungry though and I’ve been struggling with that lately.

Good luck.

I don’t know either, just recently i have had insane carb cravings at night, ok so i work mainly nights but the carvings have been just as bad when i am on a days off/night sleep pattern. Horrible fact according to my log though is that when i have had extra carbs at night i have definitely had stronger workouts afterwards.