night time

We all get hungry at night, what are the best foods to eat while sittin in front of the TV before bed? I know protein and fat rather than carbs, so cottage cheese and peanut butter are good. Any other suggestions?

1 serving LC Grow
1 serving Flax Oil
1 Serving FF Cottage Cheese
3/4 cup water
mix w/ spoon until smooth
put in freezer for 1.5 - 2 hours
mix again w/ spoon

–says in Homer Simpson voice–
MMMmmmm
Low Carb Grow Ice Cream!!

protein powders, meats, eggs, fish, nekkid women, nuts, oils, poultry…

pizza w/beer (michelob ultra) nachos (with beans and no carb cheese) carmel corn, oreos.

lately before bed I have been eating 6 egg whites with 1 cup of cottage cheese with 1/2 scoop of low carb Grow and 5 fish oil capsules. but thats just me

Just a warning on eating right before bed - if you are a light sleeper, food in your stomach can cause lack of sleep. I have experienced this myself. I’m a naturally light sleeper and usually don’t get much sleep at night anyways. If I eat before bed, I get even less sleep.

Guinness and potato skins covered in melted cheese and bacon, mmmmmm…
not helpful?
how about sugar free jello, with (van) grow blended in it then let to set in the freezer.
Much like a sorbet/mouse, fukn great!
lo fat lo carbs and as much protien as ya want.

That sounds like a good one, I always get really hungry at night. Its probably partly out of boredom if im just sittin home with nothing to do, but also because if I eat at 7 and am up till midnight or 1, thats a lot of time with no meals…

J-Dub,

How soon will you eat before calling it a night?

couple of hours. Like last night, I went to bed around 12:30, and I ate a some chicken and cashews at 10. I’m a really light sleeper, and sometimes, I go to bed at midnight, but don’t fall asleep until 3 or 4, then get up at 730 or 8.

Dammit Dad, why did you do this to me?

Evenings is when I’m most ravenous for carbs… No getting around it. I grew up in a household that ate ice cream or venison sausage and cheese every evening before bed.

So what do I do nowadays? Turkey jerky and/or peanuts with lots of water.

Not high speed or creative, but it works for me…

B.

Since several people mentioned problems sleeping, I thought I’d chime in with something. I came across this article the other day here on t-mag and the author mentioned herbal sleep aids. I ordered a bottle of the one called An Shui Wan and tried it last night for the first time. It was the best night’s sleep I’ve had in weeks. Obviously, your mileage may vary but you might find it worth looking into.

Here’s the article:

JWright, I’m the other way. If I don’t eat before bed, it’s difficult to go to sleep.

guess it’s all in how we respond. My dad is the same way, possibly worse than I am. I had to go to the doctor recently and I had to fill out those life history forms. Well, it was for shoulder pain, and I put down “lack of sleep” or “can’t sleep” or whatever, just because I can’t. Every doctor assumes it’s because of my shoulder, that it’s keeping me awake. Naw, docs, just can’t sleep.

JWright, just watch “chariots of fire” around your bedtime…

Or the English Patient…

For some reason, the past 2 nights have been great. Slept right until my alarm. It’s weird, but I started Hot-Rox 2 days ago, so maybe this is playing a role. Wouldn’t that be nice, a fat burner by day, sleep aid by night.

Have you tried Ambien dude?

No, haven’t sought any help for it. I try to work hard in every endeavour during the day so I will be mentally and physically tired, not exhausted, at night, so my body thinks it will need sleep.

Maybe I should see someone.

I have no idea what a good night’s sleep is. I never wake up feelish refreshed.

For a while, I was having some Natural P-Nut butter close to bedtime.