Night Sweating?

[quote]summa wrote:
Sounds like an epidemic has started. I am going to have to quaratine all you fuckers or maybe you should turn the water beds down.[/quote]

I reckon it’s probably AIDS.

[quote]Flower217 wrote:
… it has actually disappeared for periods of time for no reason & return for no reason. A true Scooby Doo mystery.
[/quote]

Exactly the same here.

[quote]Hatebreeder wrote:
I think what we can take away from RockScar’s post is that you guys are having hot flashes. [/quote]

Yup, hotflashes, you all can leave your balls at the front desk of man headquarters.

Kidding, I sweat sometimes too. It comes and goes but I attribute it mostly to it being hot as the devil’s asscrack in the south.

[quote]Flower217 wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
DeskJockey wrote:
Rockscar wrote:

Idiopathic hyperhidrosis ? Idiopathic hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the body chronically produces too much sweat without any identifiable medical cause.

Doctors…

Yeah…means “we don’t know what the fuck is going on!”

This would be me. I’m going on about 15 years of it. There is nothing wrong with me medically. I tend to think its somehow hereditary too (my mom, sister, brother, cousin all experience it).

At this point the curiosity is killing me - WTF would cause this? I’m not talking a little hot around the collar either. Getting out of bed & seeing a definate wet imprint of my body on the bed, beads of sweat sitting on top of my feet, changing bed clothes 3 times before midnight. Surprisingly alcohol consumption can actually stop it for me.

During this 15 years of it, it has actually disappeared for periods of time for no reason & return for no reason. A true Scooby Doo mystery.
[/quote]

I have this too. Some days are worse then others and I cant figure out why.

I cant wear certain colors of clothes. I t would look gross in about a second. But what I dont understand is, im pretty much sweating water, I know for sure that I dont smell as bad as it would look.

Under my arms in the worst probally but drysol can help control that (but it hurts like a son of a bitch at night for me).

Alcohol also somtimes stops it for me, sometimes not though I dont know how that works.

The weirdest thing about the whole deal is that I can actually pinpoint the day where this started. Out of nowhere, no lifestyle changes or anything. One night I started sweating for no reason and its never stoped.

i only get it occasionally. but its my ass that sweats the most lol. i wake up like once a every week or 2 and my boxers are completetly soaked all over and my back makes makes the sheet all sweaty and my head makes the pillow really gross. and the sweat like makes me start itch really bad and hard to fall back to sleep.

Add me to the list. Sometimes I need to put two or three towels under me as i try to sleep. I wake up completely drenched, as if I’ve been in a pool. Head to toe soaked. It happens in the middle of winter when I’m not doing much cardio. So that’s not it. It’s happened sometimes after eating Chinese food. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. I’ve gotten used to it, but my wife gets grossed out by it.

[quote]Frank.S wrote:
Flower217 wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
DeskJockey wrote:
Rockscar wrote:

Idiopathic hyperhidrosis ? Idiopathic hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the body chronically produces too much sweat without any identifiable medical cause.

Doctors…

Yeah…means “we don’t know what the fuck is going on!”

This would be me. I’m going on about 15 years of it. There is nothing wrong with me medically. I tend to think its somehow hereditary too (my mom, sister, brother, cousin all experience it).

At this point the curiosity is killing me - WTF would cause this? I’m not talking a little hot around the collar either. Getting out of bed & seeing a definate wet imprint of my body on the bed, beads of sweat sitting on top of my feet, changing bed clothes 3 times before midnight. Surprisingly alcohol consumption can actually stop it for me.

During this 15 years of it, it has actually disappeared for periods of time for no reason & return for no reason. A true Scooby Doo mystery.

I have this too. Some days are worse then others and I cant figure out why.

I cant wear certain colors of clothes. I t would look gross in about a second. But what I dont understand is, im pretty much sweating water, I know for sure that I dont smell as bad as it would look.

Under my arms in the worst probally but drysol can help control that (but it hurts like a son of a bitch at night for me).

Alcohol also somtimes stops it for me, sometimes not though I dont know how that works.

The weirdest thing about the whole deal is that I can actually pinpoint the day where this started. Out of nowhere, no lifestyle changes or anything. One night I started sweating for no reason and its never stoped.[/quote]

Exactly, exactly, exactly - no life style change (for neither coming or going), some days worse than others, no smell just buckets of water. Ever been just falling asleep or about 10 mins into sleep, you’re still kind of “aware” and you can feel the waterworks starting already?

Stupid doctor stories too - after all the cancer, aids, thyroid scenarios with one in particular she wants me waking up hourly to take 2 temperature readings because maybe I have the flu and a fever. After 2 years would she not think that (a) a flu & fever for 2 years??? and (b) does she not think if I had the flu & a fever for 2 years I’d know???

Wouldn’t you just love to know what the hell is causing this???

Same as most of you mine come in go. When I originally postid this it was the first time it had happened to me. Well for the week prior to the post was the first week. Only other time I experienced this I was comming down with the flu. This is not the case this time. I have changed nothing except I havent been consuming as much protien as usual. Now a week after I still have changed nothing and I have not had the night sweats all week. Really weird. I feel fine except for a little sleepy the next day. BED SWEATERS UNITE! MY NAME IS JASON AND I AM A BED SWEATER.

I generally do fairly intense cardio a couple hours (2ish) before going to bed and while it does keep me from sleeping, I don’t necessarily notice increased night sweats from it - although I do make sure to keep the room cool when I finally do go to sleep and I try to wait a couple hours afterwards before going to bed.

One thing that has really screwed me up is when I take sleep-aids or other relaxants. Valerian caused me to have night sweats once or twice a week and even while on ZMA, I notice it’s about once a week or so.

Of course, the improved sleep more than cancels out needing to change the sheets once in awhile.

Christ, I can’t believe I just typed that sentence.

Could that be a cause in your case?

Welcome Jason.

You’re just a newbie to this, sit back & enjoy the ride. Life as you know it is over.

Man, it is good to hear that this has happened to other people as well. It is really freaky when you wake up and you have sweated like someone jacked the temp. in the room up 30 degrees while you were sleeping. For me it usually just my upper body, mainly from my chest up.

Have your Thyroid tested. I had all similar things happen to me. Night sweats, weight loss.

So get the thyroid tested!!

Oh no they are back again. Well at least I had a week off. I am telling myself that I am just getting a workout while I am asleep. I am going to get some lab work done next week so we will see what is up if anything.

[quote]Hugrafix wrote:
Oh no they are back again. Well at least I had a week off. I am telling myself that I am just getting a workout while I am asleep. I am going to get some lab work done next week so we will see what is up if anything.[/quote]

Let us know what the results of your lab work are - I’m curious.