Night Sweating

Has anyone else ever had a problem with night sweating i found that if i ate a lot of Chocolate i would wake up in the middle of the night tee shirt ringing wet. Since i havn’t eaten chocolate lately (10 months) beside for my protien shakes i havn’t had this problem. but, i just increased my Chocolate protien shakes to 3 a day and it has started again. Is this something i should be worried about, is there something in the chocolate that would cause this. Have any of you ever had this problem?

Caffine is in chocolate. Not much, but a little.
Another explanation may be the humongus plateau that metabolism reaches post workout. At night I throw off enough heat that I sleep naked, and my girl has a hard tome tolerating the heat output. Thats no exageration at all.
Does the nightsweating occour at random, all the time, only on nights you lift?

Hi roncote. I don’t ever get night sweats unless I’m sick, but I’m guessing this isn’t the problem with you. There is a condition called “gustatory sweating” which occurs when some folks eat chocolate, but usually the area that sweats is localized to the face and neck, not all over the body. Tell us more, buddy. Is it only when you eat chocolate? Is it every time you eat chocolate? Don’t mean to scare you, but there’s some nasty stuff associated with night sweats when you don’t have the flu or something. Of course, it could also be something totally harmless, but better safe than sorry. Check out this website:

http://www.sweathelp.org/hcp/condition_overview/secondary.asp

Hope I helped, bro.

I always sweat alot at night so I sleep on a big beachtowel.

Problem solved;-)

thanks for the responces it only happens when i eat Chocolate, confined to face neck and chest, i havn’t seen any difference on lifting or non lifting nights, doesn’t happen all thim time but when i eat a lot of Chocolate it is sure to happen. sounds like it could be harmless, mabe i sohould switch to vanilla protien shack? thanks

This happens to me at night when I either eat too much fat in one of my night time meals, or when I have a few
(ok, quite a few) beers.

My wife’s nutrionist reckons its because the liver is wotking harder to process the fat and/or the booze.

Of course, she is a vegan who thinks beer is made by the devil, so I take what she says with a grain of salt, some lemon and a shot of tequila.

Just after I started the Shugs V-D(iet) I started getting really really hot at night. Now, in my unheated loft bedroom, I sleep with just a sheet or nothing, while The GirlFriend is next to me rolled up in 2 comforters.
It’s either extra protein, or extra fat being burned, it’s all I can figure.

[quote]Massif wrote:
This happens to me at night when I either eat too much fat in one of my night time meals, or when I have a few
(ok, quite a few) beers.

My wife’s nutrionist reckons its because the liver is wotking harder to process the fat and/or the booze.

Of course, she is a vegan who thinks beer is made by the devil, so I take what she says with a grain of salt, some lemon and a shot of tequila.[/quote]
mabe i should try the lemon salt and the tequilia. It sounds more interesting. and i probably wouldn’t wake up to notice the sweating… I love it, but on the other note i thought i might switch to vanilla protien poweder after this 5 lb’s is gone