Night Club Horror Stories

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I was once 86’d from The Library (or maybe it was Mother’s Tavern) in San Luis Obispo by Chuck Lidell back when he used to bounce around SLO and Santa Barbara… classy moment.

That’s all I’ve got.[/quote]

Everyone I know who went to SLO has some sort of Chuck Lidell story.

Worst nightclub experience I’ve ever, uh…experienced.

I had these two friends who were identical twins, totally undistinguishable from each other except for their tattoos. One of them (Chris) had been banned from this nightclub in downtown Sunnyvale (called the Forum back then for anyone from the South Bay who may know of it). Well, his brother, Vance, wasn’t banned and I went there with him and this big Polak friend of mine named Paul who was a big ogre-type at a sloppy looking 6’3" 275.

So Vance walks in (this is about a week after his brother started a huge brawl there) and immediately gets noticed by one of the bouncers, who thinks it’s his brother, Chris. The bouncer doesn’t say shit, just cracks him right in the fucking mouth with his baton and starts pounding him. I ran up and put the bouncer in a chokehold that I was convinced would crush his trachea. Another bouncer comes up and blows my nose up with a kick to the face before he too starts going to work on Vance.

I came to on the floor after a few seconds and tried to run at the two bouncers again, but got grabbed from behind and literally thrown out of the club headfirst. They used my head to open the door and everything. But while I was getting carried out, I could see Paul taking on three bouncers, and acquitting himself well, I might add. They were wailing away on him with their sticks and he was laughing it off, totally unaffected by their blows. Then I got thrown out, where I was summarily arrested by the police.

I found out the next day that Paul ended up running out of there and smashed two cop car windshields with bricks before ducking into a parking lot and taking off in his car. Vance went to the hospital and still wears false front teeth, I went to the hospital with a concussion, a broken nose and a cracked orbital bone and nothing happened to us. We got charged with disturbing the peace and that was it. Vance tried to sue the club, but I never really found out the real story behind why he never got any money out of them.

It could have been worse, but it was the worst time I’d ever had at a club and I was only in there for maybe 30 seconds.

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I was once 86’d from The Library (or maybe it was Mother’s Tavern) in San Luis Obispo by Chuck Lidell back when he used to bounce around SLO and Santa Barbara… classy moment.

That’s all I’ve got.[/quote]

Everyone I know who went to SLO has some sort of Chuck Lidell story.[/quote]

SLO is my hometown. Chuck was a fixture there for years. SLO is essentially a small town… small downtown drinking area less than one square mile, maybe seven or eight main bars.

Christ, mine doesn’t seem bad at all now.

I tossed a guy who shoved me, while in line, and bounced him off a hydrant. I thought I killed him. Everyone thought I killed him. When he finally sat up, I yelled, “You win!” and ran off.

Aaaand, after your stories, holy crap, I’m glad I’ve missed out.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

I had these two friends who were identical twins, totally undistinguishable from each other except for their tattoos. One of them (Chris) had been banned from this nightclub in downtown Sunnyvale (called the Forum back then for anyone from the South Bay who may know of it). Well, his brother, Vance, wasn’t banned and I went there with him and this big Polak friend of mine named Paul who was a big ogre-type at a sloppy looking 6’3" 275.

So Vance walks in (this is about a week after his brother started a huge brawl there) and immediately gets noticed by one of the bouncers, who thinks it’s his brother, Chris. The bouncer doesn’t say shit, just cracks him right in the fucking mouth with his baton and starts pounding him. I ran up and put the bouncer in a chokehold that I was convinced would crush his trachea. Another bouncer comes up and blows my nose up with a kick to the face before he too starts going to work on Vance.

I came to on the floor after a few seconds and tried to run at the two bouncers again, but got grabbed from behind and literally thrown out of the club headfirst. They used my head to open the door and everything. But while I was getting carried out, I could see Paul taking on three bouncers, and acquitting himself well, I might add. They were wailing away on him with their sticks and he was laughing it off, totally unaffected by their blows. Then I got thrown out, where I was summarily arrested by the police.

I found out the next day that Paul ended up running out of there and smashed two cop car windshields with bricks before ducking into a parking lot and taking off in his car. Vance went to the hospital and still wears false front teeth, I went to the hospital with a concussion, a broken nose and a cracked orbital bone and nothing happened to us. We got charged with disturbing the peace and that was it. Vance tried to sue the club, but I never really found out the real story behind why he never got any money out of them.

It could have been worse, but it was the worst time I’d ever had at a club and I was only in there for maybe 30 seconds.[/quote]

Ha did the cops pick up your sneaky polish friend in the end?

i spent part of my NYE in the ER this year. not because i was injured or at work. me and one of my friends got separated from our group we were with in an area we didnt know. noone picked up their phones. everything was closed and it was below freezing, or so it felt. the only open building was the hospital. we went in and plead our case to the check in nurse. she let us warm up. it was a major win at that time of night.

also witnessed some guy drop the n word to a bartender, never seen someone jump a bar so quick and beat the life out of someone. it wasnt me or anyone i knew, i kindly side stepped as the bouncers came running in to pile drive the guy.

[quote]law8 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

It could have been worse, but it was the worst time I’d ever had at a club and I was only in there for maybe 30 seconds.[/quote]

Ha did the cops pick up your sneaky polish friend in the end?[/quote]

No, but the twin and I had restraining orders filed against us that prevented us from ever going not only into the club, but onto the street that it was on as well.

The Polak seemed to get away with everything. He was fucking nuts and never got arrested once while I knew him. I don’t run with that crew at all anymore though so for all I know he’s dead.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

And what did we learn from this little experience?

You cannot fight security at a club and win. House rules.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

You cannot fight security at a club and win. House rules. [/quote]
I think roadhouse made that clear years ago.

Sounds like a crazy story though. I recently read the rum diary by the great hunter s. thompson.

The polish guy sounds like the crazy dude Yeamon that hunter wrote about.

That book still sends chills down my spine every time I read the chapter where those crazy Puerto Ricans kidnap Yeamons girl, while he’s screaming and trying to get through 5 guys to get her back while they beat the crap out of him.

Now that’s the worst nightclub story. I would go out of my mind if a bunch of blokes kidnapped my girlfriend and I was being kept out by half the club.

Our bar last night again broke out in fighting. Our entire club in fact was in a state of anarchy, with a single bouncer present for the first half of it. This time I stayed behind the bar for fear of my stitches.
One of our bartenders and our bottle service guy jumped in to protect our patrons.

The House doesn’t always win Bodyguard, especially if you come to our bar. It was chaos. Least I wasn’t bottled this time! That being said, standing by and watching my friends risk their own safety while I stand behind the bar was VERY frustrating!

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Well, I personally cannot. But the Polak fought them to a draw before he ran out and evaded arrest. Not a win, but not a loss either.

I learned a lot more than that though. Won’t get into it here.

[quote]MementoMori wrote:
Our bar last night again broke out in fighting. Our entire club in fact was in a state of anarchy, with a single bouncer present for the first half of it. This time I stayed behind the bar for fear of my stitches.
One of our bartenders and our bottle service guy jumped in to protect our patrons.

The House doesn’t always win Bodyguard, especially if you come to our bar. It was chaos. Least I wasn’t bottled this time! That being said, standing by and watching my friends risk their own safety while I stand behind the bar was VERY frustrating![/quote]
What the hell sort of bar do you work in?

The House doesn’t always win Bodyguard, especially if you come to our bar. It was chaos. Least I wasn’t bottled this time! That being said, standing by and watching my friends risk their own safety while I stand behind the bar was VERY frustrating![/quote]

well you’re bar just sounds like shit then.

i’d work somewhere else

Guy starts picking a fight at the local dive where we spend most of our time in NY. Brother in law/unofficial bouncer grabs him in a choke hold, drags him out the door. Guy’s girl is like “let him go, let him go!” Brother in law lets him go - and he drops like a sack of rice to the concrete. Busted out all his teeth, there were Chicklets on the sidewalk.

Way back when all clubs had live music, and bar fights were tolerated (until the shooting started) somebody threw a beer bottle at me and I fended it off with my bass (they don’t call it a Fender for nothin) I thought I was really cool, until the sound of breaking glass triggered a bottle-flinging frenzy. I got cut by some flying shards, so I hid behind the amps until the cops came. I was covered in blood and beer, but all the cuts were superficial. I get flashbacks whenever I see a Heinekin bottle.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Way back when all clubs had live music, and bar fights were tolerated (until the shooting started) somebody threw a beer bottle at me and I fended it off with my bass (they don’t call it a Fender for nothin) I thought I was really cool, until the sound of breaking glass triggered a bottle-flinging frenzy. I got cut by some flying shards, so I hid behind the amps until the cops came. I was covered in blood and beer, but all the cuts were superficial. I get flashbacks whenever I see a Heinekin bottle.[/quote]

is it too late for me to apologize about that, Yo?

hope not…

[quote]D_C wrote:
Just remembered something. Didn’t happen to me though.

Was in Greece on holiday with my mates for the third year running. The door staff in a few of the local bars were known lunatics. Massive guys, who looked like they should be in the fucking KGB, not manning the door of some dive in Kavos.

One night some kid came belting past us inside the bar, being chased by 2 of the door staff. They caught up with him on the dancefloor and started hitting him with these batons they carried. He managed to get up but in the process of running away, he ran straight THROUGH a pane of glass that was part of the entrance to a different part of the bar.

Needless to say, he was a mess.[/quote]

wait, you’ve been a member for 1 month, with 6 posts, and you’re a level 4? Do you live off of Anaconda and Finibars or something? :slight_smile:

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:

What the hell sort of bar do you work in?[/quote]

A student bar. However, sometimes some more thuggish people people come in, along with people of seedy reputation and unofficial business endeavours.

HM I know what you’re saying about a better bar, and my family certainly agrees. But unfortunately the money is very good, the best in the city, so I’m making a somewhat short sighted decision.

A big contributing issue to all of this is a change in Ontario Private Security Laws. Now bouncers need a government issued license, after passing a test and course. In other words it requires significant money, time and training to become or remain a bouncer. This stops many big guys from joining on a whim (as I’m sure many did on this forum). It also stopped many experienced bouncers from retaining their license, given this prohibitive nature. A third factor is our club’s proximity to Quebec.

Essentially all of our good bouncers either don’t want to renew their license and quit, or left to Quebec where licensing is not required and payment is made in cash.
On top of that very few new people are going through the hassle of training.

The result, compared to 6 months ago is: our security staff has shrunk in half in terms of numbers and girth. Our average bouncer is probably about 6’0 185 pounds… we only have 10-12 of them for a club of 1000 people… and they know they cannot be fired due to the labour shortage.

THANK YOU government of Ontario for ensuring my safety!

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Well, I personally cannot. But the Polak fought them to a draw before he ran out and evaded arrest. Not a win, but not a loss either.

I learned a lot more than that though. Won’t get into it here.[/quote]

The Pollock was lucky. He’d have gotten trashed the last place I worked…and I don’t say that proudly - it’s why I walked away. I don’t care who you are, there are some places where you are NOT going to win…or even draw.

A properly trained, staffed and dis-positioned staff always wins. You’re not even understaffed…what is occurring in your bar is criminal negligence. You should find another job.