Nicotene, Caffeine, and Testosterone

[quote]Hussayn wrote:
zdragonslayer wrote:
He said that aspartame and all artificial sweeteners are poison, basically. And something about drinking more than 1 liter of diet drinks a day affects prolactin levels, which decrease test. I do not understand much about hormones yet but somehow they can make you fat and affect your health negatively. He told me to only drink water. He does so himself.

The Doctor was an interesting fellow. He is an old man (I’d say 70ish), but agile and spry - does a lot of bicycling. That is what he is into. He is kinda short and told me he used to weigh 220. Now he weighs 165 or so. He has an MD, PhD and is a noted surgeon. He usually just treats other physicians. I had written him a long letter explaining my fatigue and faxed him 12 pages of recent blood tests I had other doctros do. He called me right away and had me in his office. Gave me a 200mg injection of test right away and hande me a 10ml vial and all the pins and stuff.

He told me stories of being interested in longevity and hormones, so he went to China and Switzerland to anti-aging clinics for a few weeks or a month at a time. He said he saw old men 100 yrs old playing tennis and riding bicycles -long-distance. He was amazed at what he saw. I do not remember all the details but he does test himself and HGH. I think he is into DHEA too. He told me to exercise as much as possible - cardio and weights, give up fast foods and deserts (all refined sugar), anything low-fat, all fried foods, caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol, etc…

He walked out with me as it was the end of the day and he had an apple in his hand and a bottle of water. Very cool guy. When I go back in April he will give me HCG for 2 weeks and take all the blood tests I did not have done and the other applicable ones and maybe adjust the T to get my level to 900-1200 (rather than the 322 it was) and check the IGF-1 and see if I might need some HGH and/or other hormones (probaby DHEA).

Here is one thing on his pamphlets that is interesting:
"Interestingly, a sea gull ages all at once - the last few weeks of its life. A thirty-year-old gull can fly as high, attack a school of fish and bear or father baby chicks as well as a one-year-old gull. Its pituitary hormone levels don’t fall until just before its death.

In humans, the aging process starts early and by age 40, our pituitary hormones have drastically fallen over 50%. Notably, growth hormone (GH) and DHEA levels decline each year of life."

He is into preventative care rather than managed care and thinks you should live a high quality vital life up until you die - quality years. And this can be achieved with hormones and clean living and eating. He was big into fruit, vegetables, healthy fats, and even lost of lean meats and fish.

Wow, i wish to meet a doctor like him when i’m in my 50’s! Thanks[/quote]

Yeah no shit. You don't often here of these guys going that extra mile with the adex and hcg as well. Outstanding. Good luck with everything. And I wouldn't be down on yourself, shit you said yourself you usually gain 15 lbs when quitting the cigs, so you're up 15 in my book by not gaining or losing. Keep it up and the weight will begin to fall off.

ToneBone

Awesome information! thanks a lot for taking the time to type that out. between this and several other threads im becoming more and more interested in T-Nation again! lol

Update on my case for those who are interested.

7 weeks agon the doc started me out on 200mg of test cyp a week and 3 .5 mg doses of arimidex on M, W, and Fridays.

I went back early (7 instead of 10 weeks) cause I was not losing as much weight as I thought I should - I had lost 2 inches int he waist and around 10 lbs though.

Anyhow, with that small dose, my test level was 2600 (was 322 when I satrted) and my estradiol was in the 50s. He said that (the high wstradiol) was why I have not been losing the weight like I thought even though I was workign out 6 days a week - my energy levels had improved as well. Anyhow, his solution to get me to 1200 test level and 25 on the estradio is to skip 1 week then do 100mg of test cyp for 2 weeks and start taking 1 mg of arimidex each M, W and Friday instead of the .5 mg dose. Then I will go on HCG for 10 days and we will do the blood tests again in 5 weeks to see where I am at and start the next cycle of test.

Any input form anyone ? Should I be concerned about the high estradiol ? Overall I am happy with my progress though and my cholesterol went down to 165 total - it hs not been that low since the 1980s. Ha !

With less T, you need less adex to get the job done. 200mg/wk is insane for TRT, although some [rare]will need that and have moderate T levels.

You may not need more adex with 100mg test cyp per week. Your E2 could go too low. E2 closer to 20 might be better. You will feel that, mood, energy, emotions libido etc.

E2=50 is a disaster. You will feel much better when it is under control.

Why not on hCG all of the time? Should be a constant dosing.

That adex is costly? Are you paying or covered by insurance?

Nice change on the cholesterol. Now you do not have to consider statin drugs.

I know someone earlier mentioned that smoking and whatnot will have no effect on estrogen.

Quite the contrary, believe it or not, for one reason or another nicotine has anti-estrogen qualities to it. The severe problem with this is the fact inducing nicotine curbs appetite like crazy and the means to induce it are harmful as hell.

That all being said, I dip like a fiend. Started when I was in highschool, increased significantly in the military and never have permanently quit. There were periods of time, 2-8 months, where I quit altogether, but am currently trying like a bastard to quit.

The main problem with this would be the fact I am severely addicted-- I get worse night sweats and insomnia than I did on tren when I quit. Currently I cant really afford that in prep for training and active duty. Currently I am researching the procedure where they do something with your ear… anyone know what I’m talking about? If you do and have more information or experience with this, please PM so I don’t have to further hijack this individual’s thread.

World

[quote]World1187 wrote:
I know someone earlier mentioned that smoking and whatnot will have no effect on estrogen.

Quite the contrary, believe it or not, for one reason or another nicotine has anti-estrogen qualities to it. The severe problem with this is the fact inducing nicotine curbs appetite like crazy and the means to induce it are harmful as hell.

That all being said, I dip like a fiend. Started when I was in highschool, increased significantly in the military and never have permanently quit. There were periods of time, 2-8 months, where I quit altogether, but am currently trying like a bastard to quit.

The main problem with this would be the fact I am severely addicted-- I get worse night sweats and insomnia than I did on tren when I quit. Currently I cant really afford that in prep for training and active duty. Currently I am researching the procedure where they do something with your ear… anyone know what I’m talking about? If you do and have more information or experience with this, please PM so I don’t have to further hijack this individual’s thread.

World[/quote]

This is true about nictoine. Some figure girls even use nicotine patches for the believed anti-estrogenic and anorectic benefits. Speaking of patches, why don’t you try them? Or nicorette? At least you won’t be getting the carcinogens in your mouth.

I tried the patches and the gum and the lozenges… all to no avail. Something that was recently developed is a substance just like dip, but composed solely of mint and a bit of rubber, lol. No nicotine and no carcinogens. I think my main problem is the oral fixation. I plan on giving the cancer free route its turn here, in fact I’ll pick some up today.

Pretty much the only benefit to using dip is the fact it boosts the economy since Grizzly is all American made…

World

Thanks KSMan !

I was on statins but he took me off now so we will see if it stays low.

The adex is covered by insurance - $25 copay.

He cycles the HCG for some reason. 10 days of subcutaneous injections, then another 10wk cycle of test.

I failed to mention that on my 7th shot, the syringe came loose from the needle and I shot it all over my leg (200mg test cyp). I rubbed it in the skin adn then did another 200mg dose. That may be why the level went to 2600 and the estradiol jumped too. He told me there was an enzyme in the skin that aromatases the test into E2. That is why he won;t prescribe the gel.

Now he is freaking out cause it is too high so that is why the bump in Adex and the reduced test injections. He will retest after this next 3-4 weeks with the 1 mg of adex 3 times a week and the 100mg shots of test cyp and the 10 days on HCG and we will re-start the cycle with 100mg test probably and then back to the .5 mg of adex 3 times a week. That is what I think. He will adjust based ont he blood work. HE is testing the test levels again adn the estradiol and will make a decision on May 6 as to my next dosing based on those results.

I probably would’ve been fine with 200mg a week adn the .5 mg of adex 3 times a week but I fucked up with the accident spilling it all over my leg and rubbing it in. After that I had hard nippels and my face puffed up. Now they are back to normal and the face is not puffy. I like this doctor. He takes 200mg a week himself and does basically what he has me doing. He is probably close to 70 and is in great shape and very active. I hope he sticks with me and does not think I am abusing it or anything. I told him about the accident. That is why I went in at 7 weeks rathr than finishing the 10 as we first had planned.

[quote]World1187 wrote:
I tried the patches and the gum and the lozenges… all to no avail. Something that was recently developed is a substance just like dip, but composed solely of mint and a bit of rubber, lol. No nicotine and no carcinogens. I think my main problem is the oral fixation. I plan on giving the cancer free route its turn here, in fact I’ll pick some up today.

Pretty much the only benefit to using dip is the fact it boosts the economy since Grizzly is all American made…

World[/quote]

Hahah. Sounds like this new substance would be worth trying. Good luck!

Sorry to resurrect this… but a few observations I’ve made…

I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time shooting lately. I almost always dip when I shoot.

I’ve had gyno for 10 years, just a slight bit anyway, in my right nip. Test irritates it a little bit, buts that what Adex is for…

Digressing… when I dip more than usual for several days at a time my gyno shrinks and I am insanely vascular…

Still trying to quit. I tried that rubber shit and almost puked it tasted so bad.

World

no fake snuff for me, its kodiak or nothing

[quote]World1187 wrote:
Sorry to resurrect this… but a few observations I’ve made…

I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time shooting lately. I almost always dip when I shoot.

I’ve had gyno for 10 years, just a slight bit anyway, in my right nip. Test irritates it a little bit, buts that what Adex is for…

Digressing… when I dip more than usual for several days at a time my gyno shrinks and I am insanely vascular…

Still trying to quit. I tried that rubber shit and almost puked it tasted so bad.

World[/quote]

No, that’s actually intersting and some evidence of nicotine’s reputed anti-estrogenic properties.