Nick Diaz Calling Out Anderson Silva

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
Title reads diaz calls out anders when your browsing the forum… Diaz like sup Breivik ok, I ain’t no child, dont be scared blonde homie come fight me bro[/quote]

Shit…put that dude in the cage with the entire UFC MW roster…while strapped to a pole in middle of the Octagon.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
It’s combat sports, so on any given night anyone has a chance against anyone else. But, realistically I’d say if they fought 100 times Silva would win at least 90 of them. Styles do make fights though, so it’s not entirely true to say that that because Diaz lost to Condit that he would automatically lose to someone else. That said, I don’t think Diaz’s style would give Anderson trouble, nor do I think he has done anything lately to deserve even getting a shot at it.[/quote]

Diaz losing to Condit decisively basically does automatically mean he would lose to Silva. Diaz lost to Condit because he struggled with Condits dynamic striking, movement and range. Anderson Silva blows Condit away in every department there, and then you also add in that hes way fucking bigger and stronger too, Diaz just doesnt have a chance. I wont even give him a punchers chance because Diaz is a pillow puncher, which is why he has to overwhelm his opponents with dozens if not hundreds of strikes, and Anderson’s chin is granite.

Like you said, styles make fights, and if Condits style was tough for Diaz to handle, then i have to assume Diaz has never watched a single Anderson Silva fight if hes calling him out like this. [/quote]

Again, we’re talking about 100 fights here. Anderson wins barring no freak injuries, but such injuries do occur in combat sports. Say Diaz just happens to luckily slip at the right/wrong time and Anderson breaks his hand on Nicks skull, or say he gets inadvertently poked in the eye ala Couture vs Belfort 1, or any number of other freak accidents that we have actually seen occur in the UFC. You are suggesting that Murphy’s law is somehow not in effect in the presence of skill, I happen to disagree.

I think when you throw variables that are out of the control of the fighters such as freak injuries or sickness then yeah, obviously you never know for certain. If were talking purely about the way they match up stylistically and physically, in a perfect world where both fighters compete at there absolute potential against eachother every time, i would never foresee Diaz pulling that one off.

Agreed.

Diaz saw what Sonnen did and is about to try the same thing. Chael Sonnen knew that he had a chance (1-5% maybe) of winning and given his past performance could talk a lot of smack for a lot of months, and even in defeat still make tons of money (Nexersys and other publicity, aside from UFC).

Diaz cannot come close to doing what Sonnen did for 5 rounds. He just does not have the shot, the setups, or the style. At MW he will also lack the raw physicality Sonnen brings. The only things he has in common with Chael is a great top game, being southpaw and being a pressure fighter.

If he fights Anderson it will be on the feet.

But yeah, if he gets this fight, which he won’t, everyone is making a lot of money.

Diaz wants to do the same thing, despite diaz having no wrestling and his weak spot being his wrestling?

Could you elaborate?

Surely if Diaz manages to get it to the ground it will be from letting anderson take him down on purpose or pulling guard. Not from takedowns.

I’m a huge diaz fan, and i think anderson would murder him standing but on the ground diaz has a fighters chance

I think Anderson will handily put away Diaz, but there’s always a chance for Nick.

I’m not sure why it’s such a controversial thing for someone to say that 9/10 times Silva beats Diaz, instead of all the time.

How many times out of 100 do you have GSP beating Matt Serra? And yet, he’s 1-1.

…speechless.

What is this guy thinking? Anderson is bigger, stronger and faster than anyone hes ever fought. Not to mention the most versatile striker in the game. Im reading on MMA forums how so many people think Nick’s super aggressive style would catch Anderson off guard and i just cant believe some of the ways people are rationalizing this way of thinking.

Condit handily outstruck him and proved too difficult for Diaz to corner or pin against the cage and really unload on. And we know he doesnt win by landing one or two punches on a moving target…

Leben employed a super aggressive standup game against Silva when they fought and, well…you know the rest.

I found this article and it basically says everything i want to say about this fight;

What are some other peoples opinions on this? Anyone think he actually has a chance?[/quote]

Fighting Silva will pay the most bills.

…speechless.

What is this guy thinking? Anderson is bigger, stronger and faster than anyone hes ever fought. Not to mention the most versatile striker in the game. Im reading on MMA forums how so many people think Nick’s super aggressive style would catch Anderson off guard and i just cant believe some of the ways people are rationalizing this way of thinking.

Condit handily outstruck him and proved too difficult for Diaz to corner or pin against the cage and really unload on. And we know he doesnt win by landing one or two punches on a moving target…

Leben employed a super aggressive standup game against Silva when they fought and, well…you know the rest.

I found this article and it basically says everything i want to say about this fight;

What are some other peoples opinions on this? Anyone think he actually has a chance?[/quote]

It’s win win.

The fight will probably never happen, but it helps his tough-guy-image street cred.

If it were to happen it would help that cred even more. It would also be a huge payday for him lose or draw.

Worst case he takes a 25min ass-beating, makes a ton of money and gets some fans: people who would say that no matter what, his willingness to stand with Anderson means he’s better than GSP.

It’s a good marketing move I think, but ultimately hollow.

I didn’t mean “do the same thing” in the octagon, I meant 100% publicity wise. I know that Sonnen and Diaz are wildly different fighters, sorry if I made no sense there for a second

woops my bad.

I think this is a fight that would bring in big numbers as far as viewers because fans really do want to see this fight even if it is just to watch Anderson beat Diaz like a mouthy hooker.