Nice Watches Bigger Face

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

movados are so nice, but since i can’t justify spending that much on a watch i rarely wear i went with skagen instead. similar style but much cheaper.

This is actually the exact watch I bought, but I’m in the business world so I get to wear it everyday. I’ve gotten more than a few comments so I’d like to think it has helped my image (which is pretty damn important in the business world). I agree though, if you’re not going to wear it enough to justify the purchase, go with something not quite so expensive.

i’m a professional myself, but we have a fairly lax dress code so i don’t bother with accessories and what not. this is the skagen i bought.

Just to be honest, I wouldn’t call that a similar style at all![/quote]

that one isn’t (that’s just the one i bought), but they have a few with a similar face and band.

Nixon 51-30 PU Chrono

I get tons of compliments on this, its huge at 51mm, and it won’t break the bank.

J

Would this be big enough?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

I agree with what you are saying, but wait til you get a little older. Shit like your shoes are viewed more importantly than something you just put on your feet. You might think it keeps you from going barefoot, but women can think it reflects on your personality, sense of style, and even stupid shit like how you are in bed. I am not saying that women are going to say something like, “Oh HolyMac, you are so sexy with those Ferragamos on, I want you so bad.” Remember that women over-think shit about 99% of the time.

hey now, i never said im against having nice shit.

i guess the way it was phrased was a bit rediculous IMO.

that being said, my pops has an omega watch that i think is pretty baller.[/quote]

I didnt think my phrasing was that rediculous. He said he had two of the same watch, one for physical activity and one for getting dressed up. Im not saying anything material makes the man. Ive met as many women in a t-shirt and shorts as I have in my nicest stuff. Lets be serious though, going on a date you want to present yourself in a certain way. You arent going to wear your gym clothes on the date because thats where your going after.

That watch is function over form. You buy that watch for its features and not how it looks.

Now in keeping up with the thread, I have two watches right now.

The one on the right is my D and G watch, thats for everyday stuff. Whenever i wanna wear a watch basically.

The one on the left is my David Yurman watch. Black leather and black face go great with anything I may choose to wear on a date or formal occasion.

[quote]BiggieBenAgain wrote:
OK so allot of people on the site seem to have issues finding clothes that fit. I have an issue with watches. I find especially lately that I need a bigger watch. Not the band but the actual face and time piece part. I have been told a few times lately that I make the watch look tiny. I have a normal size watch (TAG I bought for myself when I graduated college) but I am a large guy. 6’4" 320lbs. pretty big joints. Powerlifting and not fat… well not too fat. ~40" waist pants loose waist tight legs. just for an idea of size.

So I ask you. does anyone know of some nice watches that are professional. As in not “hip-hop” as they describe on a few sites. something not flashy or anything just have a larger face so it doesn’t look small.

Thanks if anyone has any ideas[/quote]

You say your last watch was a Tag Hueur (ithink that I spelled it right), they had a model out a few years back called the LINK, it was a big ass watch and looked pretty cool, it was just way too big for my wrist. I worked a 2nd job at a really high end jewelery store about 10 years ago and we carried them, we sold them mainly to the Tennessee Titans football players.

I’m going to plug Nixons.

Lots of different styles, big ridiculous faces if that’s what you want to wear, and you won’t go broke buying one, though they’re more expensive than say fossil or diesel.

Fossils are great too, I have one that I wear a fair amount, but the feel and look of my Nixon (pictured) is really fuckin cool.

I was looking at some Diesel watches online and that may be the way to go. I usually have trouble finding one in the stores because I usually have to add a link.

BSC the Tag may be out of my price range. I only got the one as a gift to myself for finally finishing college (7 year bachelors, working full time and a slight break for brain surgery). How much did the LINK run. I’m guessing if the Titans were buying them they are out of my range. I’ll look into it some though. I like

JustThrowIt I like the look of that watch. I’ll have to look into that one. How much did it run you? less than a G. Was kinda looking to keep it around $400~$500.

Thanks for the ideas though guys I am glad to find there are some nice larger watches out there.

Dude I just realized how big you said you were, you got pictures, man? You must be a damn house.

Prob have some around. been cutting some weight to make it into the 308lb class for a meet in sept. I’ll see if I have any around and try to throw them in my profile.

[quote]BSC819 wrote:
You say your last watch was a Tag Hueur (ithink that I spelled it right), they had a model out a few years back called the LINK, it was a big ass watch and looked pretty cool, it was just way too big for my wrist. I worked a 2nd job at a really high end jewelery store about 10 years ago and we carried them, we sold them mainly to the Tennessee Titans football players.
[/quote]

No - it’s Tag Heuer - http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/link/index.lbl?lang=en

Ingersoll has some really big watches - check them out, I’m not sure if they’re available in the US.

More pic of my big watches…

more…the titanium Panerai…

…nd my Planet Ocean

I really like that Planet ocean. That’s an Omega right? how much did that run you?

[quote]bknieriem wrote:
more…the titanium Panerai…[/quote]

thats a solid watch! might pick one up.

thinking of getting this one. Thoughts?

http://www.luxuries-replicas.com/images/0541484986846516514651.gif

yes i know thats a replica site. I wont be buying from them lol.

Those Panerais above are insane, OMG. I didn’t know they made a titanium. Here is my Diesel…

[quote]BiggieBenAgain wrote:

JustThrowIt I like the look of that watch. I’ll have to look into that one. How much did it run you? less than a G. Was kinda looking to keep it around $400~$500.

[/quote]

I found this one through a different forum. A watch store in CA sponsors a different site and I got it through him. I believe I paid $275 for it, shipped to TX, which isn’t much of a discount. I’m pretty sure they are around $300 regularly priced.

J

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
gsxtacy wrote:

Not to sound like a dick, but you really wear a Casio watch when you get dressed up for a date?

LMAO!!

i’m gonna go out on a limb here and say the dates i’ve gone out on while wearing my gshock are as hot if not hotter than whatever the hell you’re doing over there with whatever kind of watch you have.

not to mention, i’ve never had a girl go ‘oh holymac, u’re so funny/charming/sexy and i want to bang you right now it’s just…well…you’re wearing a g.shock…on a nice date!’

jesus, someone’s been reading a tad to much men’s health…

I agree with what you are saying, but wait til you get a little older. Shit like your shoes are viewed more importantly than something you just put on your feet. You might think it keeps you from going barefoot, but women can think it reflects on your personality, sense of style, and even stupid shit like how you are in bed. I am not saying that women are going to say something like, “Oh HolyMac, you are so sexy with those Ferragamos on, I want you so bad.” Remember that women over-think shit about 99% of the time. [/quote]

Considering I meet most women at the gym, pool, or athletic events like 5ks, getting dressed up just means I have on a shirt with sleeves and I’m wearing shoes. I’ve usually already made my first impression long before the first date or whatever. The fact that the G-Shock has a metal band means (for me anyhow) it falls under the category of “dress watch”. I don’t see much point in having more than two watches. If I was still trying to pick up women in the clubs or bars, I might agree with you. By the way my “dress shoes” are my spare pair of steel toe work boots, brand new just out of the box. If a woman dismisses me due to my choice of footwear, so what, I don’t have time for her anyways.

a Casio G-Shock Cockpit Edition would suit you IMO (stainless steel, analog/digital etc etc). I have one and it’s awesome.