Nice Striking... For a Girl

Yes I love Rousey too.She is certainly the real deal and is commited to wining every fight. However, I just found out the Jessica Penne is fighting karate hottie Michelle Waterson. I will certainly be watching the next invicta FC!!!

sorry had to get that out there. I agree the talent pool is shallow and a lot of them just really arent that good at it. I seem too many girls that once they get hit in the face they just don’t know what to do.

[quote]Ranzo wrote:
I love to watch women fight for a lot of reasons. Mostly though I really appreciate a woman who does something like this. I have had the misfortune of being around lots of women who say they do something but the reality is they just kind of dabble and watch. It was like that when I was into racing cars and I see it in martial arts too.

and I am totally into Jessica Penne right now
[/quote]

I put the Penne in Jessica Penne…I wish.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Damn. If only her ground work was better… if only…
[/quote]
It would have to get better, just to be a weakness.

There are not too many 135lb. men, let alone women with one shot knockout power, so I don’t hold that against her, but it is a problem. She can’t skate by as easy with “God Mode” kickboxing and "servicable"grappling like Cro-Cop and Schilt could in their careers. She has to pick her opponents apart and the whole time they are going to have opportunities to take her down.

She is sort of in the reverse of a Kevin Randleman/Coleman situation. Awesome in one area, seriously not good in others.

I think the grappling skill pool among women is deeper at the moment than the striking, so she is going to have to contend with BJJ a lot. Hopefully she adapts.

[quote]
Can’t wait for her to come back and blast some fire up them bitches’ asses, starting with Roussey. Rwaaaaar CYBORG!!![/quote]
Yup.

Serious strength, aggression, AND skill.

She won the IBJJF Worlds in 2011 and 2012 at purple.

Not Rousey’s silver medal by any stretch, but she may not get mauled on the ground either.
s

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Ranzo wrote:
I love to watch women fight for a lot of reasons. Mostly though I really appreciate a woman who does something like this. I have had the misfortune of being around lots of women who say they do something but the reality is they just kind of dabble and watch. It was like that when I was into racing cars and I see it in martial arts too.

and I am totally into Jessica Penne right now
[/quote]

Racing cars is the shit. You’re not allowed to refer to it in the past tense. Get back on the horse and build some fast shit.
What racing?

Oh and Davo… I’m with you but everybody knows around here that I’d be Ronda’s bitch

I did lots of drifting in japan and did formula D here in the states back in 05-06. Really though getting away from the car scene has been good for me in a number of ways, even though I still work in the automotive field im not spending money on it or trying to make events and driving all over the country any more.

haha cool shit. So you’re a round and round guy. I’m more of a straight line, like to get from A to B as quick as possible. lol although our cars have so much grunt they often end up side ways too lol.

[quote]humble wrote:

Oh and Davo… I’m with you but everybody knows around here that I’d be Ronda’s bitch[/quote]

me too…

In all seriousness I wonder what its like for guys who date Ronda, it must be emasculating as fuck to know this chick can dump you on your fucking head and snap your arm if you forget to leave the toilet seat down

Sure she has ‘impressive’ kicks, but absolutly zero groundwork and she rarely blocks the opponent.

Well… I guess it’s one of those moments where you’d have to find self worth in something else but physical superiority :wink: not that this isn’t something we should all do. Seriously, the idea that someone out there could beat me is something I live with; the fact that it’s a girl doesn’t make a difference to me.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
Yup.

Serious strength, aggression, AND skill.

She won the IBJJF Worlds in 2011 and 2012 at purple.

Not Rousey’s silver medal by any stretch, but she may not get mauled on the ground either.
s

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Awwww Christiane!!! I love her so much. She’s awesome and so multi-talented. Her English has improved as well.

Her stand-up is not really that great and, yeah, Rousey would definitely defend better than the girls in the vids (hell, I think she might even struggle with me a lil! I’m fucking strong!!), but daamn, she knows how to work it on the ground. That transition from supplex to kasagatame toward the end was impressive.

It’d be interesting to see how badass both women’s groundwork turns out if they ever met.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:
Well… I guess it’s one of those moments where you’d have to find self worth in something else but physical superiority :wink: not that this isn’t something we should all do. Seriously, the idea that someone out there could beat me is something I live with; the fact that it’s a girl doesn’t make a difference to me.[/quote]
I seriously like your attitude. Too many guys out there are not even close to humble, although it should be part of your behaviour when you are training in martial arts. Overestimating your abilities concerning who you can handle or not can end pretty bad for you :slight_smile:
Here is an example:
I got to know a TKD blackbelt who is working as a waitress in a bar. Not that long ago a loudmouth from a local kickboxing club got wasted at the bar she’s working in and decided to touch her in a less appropriate place.
She never told me what exactly she did to defend herself, but from other guys that were arround that day I got told that she was literally beating the piss out of him and one of his friends who tried to help his not-so-lucky buddy. She got pretty angry and the security had to drag her away before she was killing the 2 dudes lol

Personally I like Marlos Coenen as well as WMMA. The only problem I see that only the good looking girls make it to commercial programs…I mean can you imagine watching that Warrior Chick in a kilt with her colorful pink haircut beating another less handsome chick with tattoed legs up on FOX ? Parents and the baptist church would go nuts! On the other hand you got Cris Cyborg, according to her T levels and chin already a dude winning the Strikeforce finales without being a model. I remember that people still booed at her after succeeding over Gina Carano.

I only have a problem with bitches with attitude. Ronda doesn’t come across that way. She knows her abilities and knows she is pretty decent looking but doesn’t need to dyke herself up to fight. She reminds me of the ever sexy Michelle Jeneke… Olympic hurdler, sexy as hell and she knows it but she hasn’t got a chip on her shoulder.

She recently did that funny clip that’s taken off.
I used to train with a few girls and trained a few. The ones with attitude I let them know my one could be worse and I wasn’t afraid to punch them in the tits or kick them in the cunt.
Fuck them. This is a sport that equalises us all into that understanding mentioned above, that at any time someone could be better than us and lay us flat.

The girls that fought best were always the ones that were sweet as hell but athletic.

The ones tatted head to toe were mostly the ones who just thought they could come across as tough but ate shit every time an athlete was in the ring with them.

Girls can fight, I’m not sexist there but remember you’re a girl when you don’t fight and we’ll get along just fine. I think that is why a lot of guys don’t like it.

Personally I think Ronda would be an easy partner.

I’m bummed I saw this video so late. Young shows superior striking posture, movement, she throws clean and direct combos, her kicks and knees are on point. She is a very good striker. You can tell she’ll have a weakness on the ground.

I like that we’ve moved onto the subject of girls acting tough in gyms. I see them all the God damn time back home and here in the US. But I never saw one, not one!, tough acting female Nak Muay in Thailand. Why? I think it’s because many of the trainers adopt the same attitude that Humble just mentioned. Females are not traditionally allowed to fight, they have been allowed in by the fighting bodies and they are VERY privileged by Thai standards to be there. The trainers and gyms will not tolerate uppity Thai girls, they train them as hard as the men, and train them intelligently and in the manner of all typical Thai gyms. They spar with guys, they do road work, they don’t cof pussy foot about.

But that said, I don’t like guys parading around in their UFC and Ed Harvey shirts, acting tough and all just because they belong to a second rate MMA fairtex gym. They’re just as bad. And a pleasure to knock about when sparring.

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:
I’m bummed I saw this video so late. Young shows superior striking posture, movement, she throws clean and direct combos, her kicks and knees are on point. She is a very good striker. You can tell she’ll have a weakness on the ground.

I like that we’ve moved onto the subject of girls acting tough in gyms. I see them all the God damn time back home and here in the US. But I never saw one, not one!, tough acting female Nak Muay in Thailand. Why? I think it’s because many of the trainers adopt the same attitude that Humble just mentioned. Females are not traditionally allowed to fight, they have been allowed in by the fighting bodies and they are VERY privileged by Thai standards to be there. The trainers and gyms will not tolerate uppity Thai girls, they train them as hard as the men, and train them intelligently and in the manner of all typical Thai gyms. They spar with guys, they do road work, they don’t cof pussy foot about.

But that said, I don’t like guys parading around in their UFC and Ed Harvey shirts, acting tough and all just because they belong to a second rate MMA fairtex gym. They’re just as bad. And a pleasure to knock about when sparring.

[/quote]
Lmao. too True. The world can learn a lot from Thais and other lesser privileged countries and communities. On the topic of tough boys in fighter shirts lol… My brother and I were having a burger and a jacked guy walked in wearing some MMA shirt. Upper body jacked but lower body pretty small but one look at his calves and you can tell the guy has never bounced on them in his life. Small, smooth as fucking silk and tanned better than my wives ones. My brother and I both giggled. I haven’t ever met a serious fighter who hasn’t got battered shins and thighs., Haematoma lumps and scar tissue.