Nice Striking... For a Girl

Yeah yeah yeah… not trying to be sexist, just attention whoring the thread.

It’s no secret I’m a sucker for decent strikers in MMA.

Don’t know why but I never heard of Kaitlin before. I like her technique and will to commit.

Looks so much classier in MMA when a technique is being executed properly.

She’ll teach the boys a thing or two.

Check her out

[quote]humble wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah… not trying to be sexist, just attention whoring the thread.

It’s no secret I’m a sucker for decent strikers in MMA.

Don’t know why but I never heard of Kaitlin before. I like her technique and will to commit.

Looks so much classier in MMA when a technique is being executed properly.

She’ll teach the boys a thing or two.

Check her out

She got destroyed by Gina and her record sucks, she’s young though so she should improve.

I reckon you’re right, most blokes in MMA could learn a shitload off her. Very impressive chick. I hope she gets the success she clearly deserves.

I knew I recognized her from somewhere.

Off to wiki I went…

I saw her get worked over by Carano on CBS

It also appears she is sporting a 7-7-1 record, and has dropped her last two fights.

Here is her last fight…watch with the volume up to learn how to say “Medium sized monkey.” in Brazil.

Fight before that against Liz Carmouche(who is going to be fighing Ronda Roussey in UFC 157)
Young shows off her striking here, but also shows an inability to deal with grappling.
(Watch with the volume on to learn all about Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche at the end.)

Here is her last win.

She puts on a striking clinic, though the fact her opponent was still standing might cast some doubts about her power.

Regards,

Robert A

P.S.

We know who I root for in female MMA

That’s what happens when lesbian culture blends with feminism… although they train a lot and are very passionate fighters but still you can see they are “just” girls…

fuck it, when is Gina Carano going to fight again? I heard she is doing a second movie, but she said that her love is fighting. the longer it waits the more remote it might get.

[quote]DeadKong wrote:
fuck it, when is Gina Carano going to fight again? I heard she is doing a second movie, but she said that her love is fighting. the longer it waits the more remote it might get.[/quote]

No way she comes back IMHO. Her time is passed: she had a hard time making 145, much less 135. Even being larger, I don’t see her beating Rousey were they to fight at 145. And with the brand value of her name, it would make no sense for her to fight anywhere but the UFC.

She goes down to some other promotion (like Invicta sp?) and takes a loss/beating to a no name, for a couple grand, does zero for her career, and devalues her extra-mma stock.

Gina won’t come back.

Too fucking pretty, really. She can make shitloads and live comfortably as a model/actress. Her passion for fighting probably isn’t all that strong in reality.

Ahh…man. I had high hopes for Kaitlin ever since I saw her kick Miesha Tate’s head off during BoDog Fight days. Don’t know what her real deal is. She’s very talented and trains hard…

Witnessed another upcoming female with decent striking. Joanne Calderwood…fought on last nights INVICTA FC. Put on a clinic.

That picture made my day.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Witnessed another upcoming female with decent striking. Joanne Calderwood…fought on last nights INVICTA FC. Put on a clinic.[/quote]

Nice. Watched a few of her fights just now. Not too bad. Good to see she keeps to basics and is effective with them. That’s all that you need to do. A decent teep, a decent thigh kick and decent footwork with hands and half the MMA hopefuls will be looking for new careers.

[quote]humble wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Witnessed another upcoming female with decent striking. Joanne Calderwood…fought on last nights INVICTA FC. Put on a clinic.[/quote]

Nice. Watched a few of her fights just now. Not too bad. Good to see she keeps to basics and is effective with them. That’s all that you need to do. A decent teep, a decent thigh kick and decent footwork with hands and half the MMA hopefuls will be looking for new careers.[/quote]

Yes! She has excellent grasp of straight knees in space. Good timing with them to make other girls hesitant to shoot in on her.

Wow… just watched her dismantle that poor girl. She has some wits about her. Calm, collected and very balanced. Me likey.

[quote]DeadKong wrote:
fuck it, when is Gina Carano going to fight again? [/quote]

No, fuck it, when is CYBORG coming back?

I can’t wait for her to lambast Rousey.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
I saw her get worked over by Carano on CBS

Gina Carano vs Kaitlin Young - YouTube [/quote]

Interesting how they stopped the fight due to that cut under her eye. They would have never done that had it been males fighting. Big Foot was pissing blood all over the canvas while Cain Battered him into submission and, no one fucking stopped that shit. This is the way it should be with everyone who gets into this sport. It should be BRUTAL AND COLD. There shouldn’t be no preferential treatment for girls.

I would have been fucking furious had I been Young. Fuck you, motherfuckers! I’m there to fight and finish what I’ve started. Fuck the cuts and let’s get it on.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
Here is her last fight…watch with the volume up to learn how to say “Medium sized monkey.” in Brazil.

[/quote]

Damn. If only her ground work was better… if only…

[quote]Robert A wrote:
We know who I root for in female MMA

[/quote]

Can’t wait for her to come back and blast some fire up them bitches’ asses, starting with Roussey. Rwaaaaar CYBORG!!!

Meh… you’re just jealous Rowsey has a better ass than you :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]humble wrote:
Meh… you’re just jealous Rowsey has a better ass than you :P[/quote]

Mwahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha!!!

I love to watch women fight for a lot of reasons. Mostly though I really appreciate a woman who does something like this. I have had the misfortune of being around lots of women who say they do something but the reality is they just kind of dabble and watch. It was like that when I was into racing cars and I see it in martial arts too.

and I am totally into Jessica Penne right now

I don’t particularly enjoy women fighting. Not for sexist reasons, just because the talent pool naturally isn’t very deep as fighting obviously is something that is still frowned upon in society for women to pursue. So you’ve got a few good fighters and a few good athletes, but most of them still blow ass.

which is why I love Rousey, she’s really fucking athletic and shes really fuckin good at what she does and commits to it 110%. Of course it also helps that shes really easy on the eyes.