T Nation

Nice Pull Up, Brah

New Crossfit exercise...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/nice-pull-up-brah/

The comments are pretty funny, too.

From the article with it :

“Serves him right for trying to be Captain America. Relax and watch TV or something guy.”

U JELLY?

If you click on his name below the vid, it takes you to his vimeo page.

[quote]Edevus wrote:
From the article with it :

“Serves him right for trying to be Captain America. Relax and watch TV or something guy.”

U JELLY?[/quote]

i was surprised at how many comments were along those lines. i guess it goes to show a lot of people don’t look at this stuff positively lol

Oh man I thought it was going to be a nice push up bra.

Nards already posted that vid here way back in May.

Now these… these are pullups!

100 hanging leg swings in 2:53 minutes…that’s nothing more than a grip workout. Bet she givse a helluva ole fashioned!

The comments on the second one are better than the first one. But, I’ll never complain about a chick in booty shorts, high socks, who performs a mandatory shredding of clothing halfway through a workout.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
100 hanging leg swings in 2:53 minutes…that’s nothing more than a grip workout. Bet she givse a helluva ole fashioned![/quote]

Exactly. Big deal.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

100 hanging leg swings in 2:53 minutes…that’s nothing more than a grip workout. Bet she givse a helluva ole fashioned![/quote]

Exactly. Big deal.
[/quote]

you know how whens someone tells you they bench 500 lbs you think either a) is it raw? b) is it shirted and what ply? or c)are they lying out their ass?

eventually I will think the same thing when someone tells me they do more than 10 pullups a) was it weighted or unweighted b) was it a crossfit pullup and useless or c) are they full of shit?

[quote]mazzic1083 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Exactly. Big deal.
[/quote]

you know how whens someone tells you they bench 500 lbs you think either a) is it raw? b) is it shirted and what ply? or c)are they lying out their ass?

eventually I will think the same thing when someone tells me they do more than 10 pullups a) was it weighted or unweighted b) was it a crossfit pullup and useless or c) are they full of shit?[/quote]

10 pull ups is a lot?

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]mazzic1083 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Exactly. Big deal.
[/quote]

eventually I will think the same thing when someone tells me they do more than 10 pullups a) was it weighted or unweighted b) was it a crossfit pullup and useless or c) are they full of shit?[/quote]

10 pull ups is a lot?
[/quote]

haha no bad example i guess since 3x10 isn’t too hard, how about 30?

10 may not be a lot (I can’t do 10 together though) I’d say it’s nothing to sneeze at at all.

[quote]Dijon wrote:
Now these… these are pullups!

I’m generally NOT a crossfit hater…but those are fucking ridiculous. She’s in great shape, but that aside, watching her swing, contort and twitch toward the bar annoyed the fuck out of me.

You’d be amazed at how many people can’t actually chin themselves 5 times.

I’m not gonna lie, I tried the Fran Crossfit workout the other day and it destroyed me. Some people finish it in 2.5 min’s. Took me about 15 BUT I wasn’t doing Kipping pullups. Those things piss me off BIGTIME. Our training room NCO is a big crossfit believer. No doubt it will force you to increase your workload capacity, but I just don’t believe in these Kipping pullups. I’m getting more frustrated sitting here typing this out. GAHHHH!

I agree. It seems like a cheap way to get your pull up numbers higher.

I’d rather do my shitty sets of 3 or 4 than start kipping. It’s like telling your buddy you just did 500lbs on an exercise so he asks with awe which exercise, then you say shrugs and you see his look of awe turn into a look of that’s nice.

All I could think of during the vid of that chick jerking her body up and down is how hard she could ride a dick.