Nice People, Hard Times

Today I was thinking, what has this world come to when the nice people always have the hardest time. It must be a gift when someone can be so nice and still go through all of the hard times.

I’m only saying this because I realized today that I am not that person and I really do want to be.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Everyone has hard times of one sort or another. Be kind, patient and generous, but don’t take shit off any one, and don’t let anyone waste your time. Practice being a dick. You stay cool while the other guy gets pissed. That takes some work but when you pull it off it’s worth it.

[quote]theflowjob wrote:
Today I was thinking, what has this world come to when the nice people always have the hardest time.[/quote]

“Hardest time” needs to be clarified, because there’s a difference between being genuinely nice and being a fake-nice doormat. The former are people who are courteous and respectful, but don’t take shit off anybody. The latter are the people who wind up killing themselves and everyone wonders why.

[quote]theflowjob wrote:
Today I was thinking, what has this world come to when the nice people always have the hardest time. It must be a gift when someone can be so nice and still go through all of the hard times.

I’m only saying this because I realized today that I am not that person and I really do want to be.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this.[/quote]

I’m a nice guy, until it’s time to not be nice, which as it turns out happens pretty quick.

Dalton?

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I’m a nice guy, until it’s time to not be nice…
[/quote]

[quote]theflowjob wrote:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this.[/quote]

The world has never been nice to nice people - only in the past few decades has being nice been rewarded. Survival of the fittest has defined human history.

cause look everyone is out trying to do their thing and get their way. it seems being “nice” makes you an accesory to someone else’s progress.

you have to understand though that theres a difference between being nice and being tread on.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Dalton?

Loose Tool wrote:
I’m a nice guy, until it’s time to not be nice…

[/quote]

Most people need a Dalton to tell them when it is time to not be nice.

WOW! I get the feeling a lot of people here need to try to surround themselves with better people.

Being nice can get you ahead in this world. As someone else already posted, genuine respectfulness and manners not being a door mat.

It also depends on how you define “Get ahead” or “hard times”. There are lot’s of aspects to life and we all suck at something.