T Nation

Nice Chest! Not Really..

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/images/2008/08/25/steroidwarning_3.jpg

The pics looks scary! I’m very skeptic tough, they don’t look like the same person at all but I’m wondering if steroid use can make acne THAT bad in some people.

I don’t get it. His chest isn’t that big.

[quote]Meslan wrote:
http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/images/2008/08/25/steroidwarning_3.jpg
The pics looks scary! I’m very skeptic tough, they don’t look like the same person at all but I’m wondering if steroid use can make acne THAT bad in some people.[/quote]

That’s not acne. Those are scabs that look like they got infected. That means he most likely picked at his own acne until it got infected and the infection spread. I’ve seen worse in the dermatology clinic beneath us when I was in the AF. They weren’t using steroids either.

What does a skin infection have to do with steroid use and what does your avatar have to do with society?

It’s probably not acne at all like Prof said…

And cool move putting Britney Spears’ head on Edward Norton’s body.

this has been covered before…

how about shaving over the acne also…there’s a lot of variables here.

[quote]
That’s not acne. Those are scabs that look like they got infected. That means he most likely picked at his own acne until it got infected and the infection spread. [/quote]

Isn’t acne always infected? Isn’t that what makes it acne?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Another thing, how does a guy that dedicated (come on… first pic he’s pretty damn big) go to flabby, almost no visible muscle and all those infections? Also, if it is the same guy, he got that bad after he went OFF the steroids. If not, he should be even worse in pic A.

I think this is bullshit.

Wiki acne conglobata

This pic was from an article a while back about how steroids were dangerous - basically this guy didn’t know what the hell he was doing and didn’t follow any sort of recommended cycling or whatnot so he fucked his body up. Bad anecdotal evidence against steroids.

i just threw up a little

Anybody else suddenly crave pizza?

[quote]nowakc wrote:
This pic was from an article a while back about how steroids were dangerous - basically this guy didn’t know what the hell he was doing and didn’t follow any sort of recommended cycling or whatnot so he fucked his body up. Bad anecdotal evidence against steroids.[/quote]

His issue had nothing to do with roids.

staph

The sad part is that this will get circulated around for the next 20 years as proof that steroids are dangerous.

Guess I better stop picking at my acne.

Yuck !

Steeroids!!! That guy may have scars, but he is lucky his heart didn’t explode!

he has gyno