NHL HOCKEY PLAYOFFS - 2002

Really? Remind me of the team salary again… Its slipped my mind.

Well, like I said, either way they are going to win the cup. :wink:

Let’s go Islanders!!! Steve Webb has been awesome so far, hitting everybody in site.

Boston-Montreal should be interesting tomorrow following the hit on Zednik.

What difference does it make whether you “bought” your team or not? It is the way sports is right now! I’d rather have a Stanley Cup than not have one! It certainly doesn’t say in the record books that this franchise didn’t win the Cup they “bought” it! Btw I hate the Red Wings and the Rangers are trying to “buy” a cup as you say and they SUCK!!!

What difference does it ultimately make if they bought the cup?.. None. But its still very hard to swallow that the sport has become like that. For most of us canadians we find it hard to take. Because hockey is much more then a sport, its an identity. And it really hasnt been that long since hockey “sold out”, some say its when Gretzky went the L.A., other like me believe its when Gary Bettman took hold of the league. He was specifically brought in to make hockey more marketable to the American public. Basically he tried to get rid of all of hockey’s traditions. He succeeded in killing all division and conference names (with were traditional), he flooded the leaugue with too many teams (killing the quality of the game by reducing the amount of talent per team), he even tried to have glowing pucks (so dumb ass fuck could follow the game), and since he had controlled the league salaries have exploded making it impossible for the vast majority of cities to afford good players (ironically it was our game, now we could only see our countrymen on TV playing for other cities)… did i mention he wanted change the game to have 4 QUARTERS instead of 3 PERIODS!!! Oh yeah… one more fuckin thing… Because of this dipshit games are now played in the afternoon instead of at night!!! Did I meantion that he has been commisioner for ONLY about 10 years? PS Sorry for the rant.