NHL 2013

So there may not be many who care about this thread, but here it is anyway!

My Stars have been a roller coaster so far, but played a great game to give the Sharks their first loss of the season. All signs point to Seguin being the real deal.

What do you think about your team so far?

Haven’t watched a Pens game yet but I got tickets to the game vs. the Isles next Friday. They are typically awesome and this year is no exception so far; the real season starts in May.

Crosby vs Tavares, should be a fun game. And true, you can always pencil the Pens in the playoffs. The Stars will have to fight hard for a spot. I’ve got great seats 8 rows up from the Stars blueline against the Avalanche a couple of weeks from now.

Jealous as hell^. Sorry in advance for the impending whooping the avs are about to lay down on your team. In a goal scoring sense physically we need another tough guy. Seguin is a good player, 10000x more reliable then kessel. lol. Leaf fans where you at. I cheer for ottawa as well, we should make the playoffs depending if we keep it going on the road were 500 on the road as of now which ain’t great

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Jealous as hell^. Sorry in advance for the impending whooping the avs are about to lay down on your team. In a goal scoring sense physically we need another tough guy. Seguin is a good player, 10000x more reliable then kessel. lol. Leaf fans where you at. I cheer for ottawa as well, we should make the playoffs depending if we keep it going on the road were 500 on the road as of now which ain’t great[/quote]

Leaf fan checking in here. I think it’s a stretch to say seguin is more reliable than kessel. The numbers don’t bear it out. Kessels bad rep comes from the fact that he scores in bunches and then goes quiet for a stretch before heating up again. However, by the end of the season, you are pretty much guaranteed 30-40 goals. In fact only Crosby, stamkos, ovechkin and malkin have more goals than kessel since kessel has been in the league. IMHO that’s as reliable as it gets.

Anyways, in terms of the leafs in general, I’m still trying to figure out if their hot start in spite of sloppiness is a good sign or a bad one. Some have been saying it will catch up with them and they’ve been lucky. Others point to the fact that they are missing 5 regulars and should only improve from here when half their lineup isn’t from the ahl. I guess we ll see. One thing that seems for sure is they can rely on some excellent goaltending throughout the season. I’m excited Detroit is back in the east where they’ve always belonged. Last time I saw them play a game in the east was at maple leaf gardens. That shows how long it’s been

Yeah I had him in fantasy last year, started with no points in 10 games then poured them on. I think he’s kind of a diva in terms of not playing over small injuries or sicknesses. Kadri Phaneuf JVR Raymond are all enjoyable to watch almost forgot bolland. You guys should get passed the second round this year with a squad like that, goal tending is looking helluva lot better. Who’s your favourite leaf of all time? I’d go with Gilmour or Wendel Clark those guys were tough and talented. Thanks for mccarthur by the way he’s a good addition to the sweden northamerica team in ottawa, you guys got the memo and sent most of the pansies packing!

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Yeah I had him in fantasy last year, started with no points in 10 games then poured them on. I think he’s kind of a diva in terms of not playing over small injuries or sicknesses. Kadri Phaneuf JVR Raymond are all enjoyable to watch almost forgot bolland. You guys should get passed the second round this year with a squad like that, goal tending is looking helluva lot better. Who’s your favourite leaf of all time? I’d go with Gilmour or Wendel Clark those guys were tough and talented. Thanks for mccarthur by the way he’s a good addition to the sweden northamerica team in ottawa, you guys got the memo and sent most of the pansies packing![/quote]

Favourite leafs are Gilmour, Tucker and CuJo. I was actually sorry to see McCarthur go. He is a clutch goal scorer and great on the pk. I used to live in Ottawa for 5 yrs and really enjoyed the leafs sens rivalry. Hopefully it’ll get back to the intensity it had in early 2000s when they met every yr in the playoffs. You could see the teams genuinely detested each other then.

Wow, this thread has really taken off! lol

I’m headed to the Stars game tonight and they’re taking on the Avalanche. Should be a good game. Stars have been what their record shows, but I think they’ve made some nice changes to their game recently.

How about those Rangers!?

Stars are better than a lot of teams all they gotta do is tighten up in their end by playing a man defence. Enjoy the game man should be a good one. Free Varlamov!!! Rangers are performing well, about time the amount they pay those guys is ridiculous. I really like the style that Callahan plays he’s underated. Lundqwist is a beast tender as well.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Stars are better than a lot of teams all they gotta do is tighten up in their end by playing a man defence. Enjoy the game man should be a good one. Free Varlamov!!! Rangers are performing well, about time the amount they pay those guys is ridiculous. I really like the style that Callahan plays he’s underated. Lundqwist is a beast tender as well.[/quote]

I just can’t believe the Rangers converted a power play. I was shocked.