NH_Watts' TRT Log

Went by the test number mentioned on several websites and yes “ultra sensitive”

Im going to assume that based on these results this is probably why I havent been feeling great? Also going to assume I should start anastrozole immediately?

Taken the morning of injection day. Schedule is E3.5D @ 62.5mg Test C. Had just started SQ injections the shot before.

Test Name
ESTRADIOL, ULTRASENSITIVE LC/MS/MS

Result - 57 H

Reference Range Lab < OR = 29 pg/mL EZ

Edit: This is Quest Labs test code: 30289

For the 90 dollars did you only receive the estradiol ultrasensitive results? No TT or shbg?

Correct. That is the price of the test. I have a TT test tomorrow.

Go check out discounted labs dot com. Better prices. I just did the male post trt follow up panel that includes e2 sensitive, TT, FT, SHBG, LIPIDS, ECT for 180 plus a 6 dollar draw fee. When my endo sends me for bloodwork they don’t cover everything and I get a bill for 225 dollars. I’m paying 300 a week for health insurance and 225 dollars for bloodwork when I can pay out of pocket and get better bloodwork. It’s a joke. The e2 sensitive alone is like 50 bucks.

Excel male website I believe had a discount code for that virtual lab. Anyway interesting to see where your tt is at. Perhaps you need to lower mg a bit that may help e2. If you have arimidex handy now, I think you should take .5 mg now.

Thanks man. Those labs are 30+ minutes from home and Quest is like 2.

I should have that test by Friday. I have anastrozole liquid. 1.5mg per ml

Sweet. You ever take it? I think it will make a yuge difference in how you feel.
I just .25 with my 50 mg shot. I really think I should be at .50 but I just stopped HCG so being careful

1 Like

Yeah I think .25-.33mg to start and see how I feel. I will have to look up the dosing but I think I remember @KSman saying .25 of anastrozole at time of shot.

I took .375mg last night and will take .5mg on Friday with my injection. I will then start taking .5mg E3.5D along with my shot. I will get E2 tested again at Quest in 6 weeks.

.375mg/.25ml mixed in about 4oz water and taken orally.

Total T test came in from Wednesday @ 9am. Test performed 39 hours after shot where second shot would be at 84 hours so a little less than half way between but best I could do. Estradiol from trough day the week before.

Testosterone | 753.57 ng/dL | Range 175 - 781 ng/dL
Estradiol | 57 | Range < OR=29 pg/mL

I started an AI this week to help with the E2. Will that bring my Test number up or is controlling E2 just going to affect Free T? I dont have other numbers yet. Im going to have to pay out of pocket for a full panel bec my new endo appt in late April and Im not even sure what he will run or if he will want me to come off completely like the other endo from a couple weeks ago.

I upped this to .5mg at time of test shot (62.5mg E3.5D) based on suggestions here. Actually kind of tough to measure with the dropper I have so its somewhere between .25ml and .5ml and the anastrozole is dosed at 1.5mg/1ml.

How long does it take for E2 to start dropping. I still have high E2 symptoms.

When you tag me, please provide a link here so I can find you.

Looks like you are on track.
Provided stickies are your best resource.
Also see the HPTA restart sticky.

USA SAMs/Walmart #29 1/2" 0.5ml 100 for ~$14
No Rx needed in many locations.

Will do @KSman. I have Leur Lock syringes so just draw with 18s and switch to 30s for the SQ injection. Its cheap enough albeit a little wasteful. And I do use 1ml syringes which take a little longer to inject due to the decreased pressure but seems fine.

Does anyone have an MS Excel spreadsheet (or other format) labs template that they could share? I can make one but Im betting someone already has a kick ass one I could use. Thanks.

EDIT- I’ve made one.

There are no PM’s or file exchange possibilities that I know about on this site.

I thought maybe a file hosting site or the like. Google docs etc? Maybe its not allowed.

Thinking of ordering this test from Quest in an effort to track my levels. Does anyone see anything unnecessary in this test group or missing?:

Anti-Aging/Male panel includes:

36170 Testosterone, Free w/Total
-Determine whether a problem with the testicles or pituitary gland is preventing a man from being able to father a child (infertility). A low amount of testosterone can lead to low sperm counts.

Patient must be fasting 10 to 12 hours.

402 DHEA-S

-Used to evaluate the function of the adrenal glands. Work up women with infertility, amenorrhea, or hirsutism, to identify the source of excessive androgen. Aid in the evaluation of androgen

16293IGF
-Identify diseases and conditions caused by deficiencies and overproduction of growth hormone (GH). Evaluate pituitary function. Monitor the effectiveness of GH treatment

899 TSH

• Determine whether the thyroid gland is functioning properly. Screen for underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism). Screen for overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).

5363 PSA

• Monitor prostate cancer and how it responds to treatment. Determine if cancer may be present when other tests, such as a digital rectal exam, are not normal. Check men for prostate cancer.

6399 CBC
-Evaluate the cause of certain symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, fever, bruising, or weight loss. Detect anemia. Determine the severity of blood loss. Diagnose polycythemia vera. Diagnose an infection. Diagnose diseases of the blood, such as leukemia. Monitor the response to some types of drug or radiation treatment. Evaluate abnormal bleeding. Screen for abnormal values before surgery.

7600 Lipid
-A lipid panel is a blood test that measures lipids-fats and fatty substances used as a source of energy in your body

10231 CMP
-Your doctor may order a comprehensive metabolic panel as part of a regular health examination. Your doctor may use this test to check on a medical condition, such as high blood pressure, or to help diagnose a medical condition, such as diabetes

30289 estradiol

• Explain abnormal sexual characteristics in men

IMO I would only track your e2 l, it’s the ultra sensitive for Quest. Track total t free t and maybe to CBC.
Then when u go to endow in a few weeks make a list and see what you can get him to order.

Good luck. I just started grape seed to control e2. Figured it may work since I am an over responder. Wanted to try CDG but I don’t want to lower my shbg since mine is on mid/upper 20s. Though my fatty liver can use a cleanse.