T Nation

NH_Watts' TRT Log

Four days into DIM and not much to report. I assume it may take a little bit IF it is going to work. Halted iodoral 50mg 10 days ago after 14 days of supplementing. Temp continued to improve over the last 10 days and am happy to report it seems to have come up to where it needs to be. It seems the iodine did correct something. Still fairly tired in the afternoon but Im not falling asleep at my desk all day long. Mental clarity is still working its way up.

5/31 - am - 97.17, pm - 98.34
6/1 - am - 97.86, pm - 98.16
6/2 - am - 97.82, pm - 98.25
6/3 - am - 96.86, pm - 98.26
6/4 - am - 97.86, pm - 98.13
6/5 - am - 97.32, pm - 98.27
6/6 - am - 97.21, pm - 98.08
6/7 - am - 97.80, pm - 99.13
6/8 - am - 97.57, pm - 98.61
6/10 - am - 96.99, pm - 98.60
6/11 - am - 97.53, pm - 98.63

Aaaaaand my new endo is moving out of state. Back to the drawing board.

Oh Lord.
I switched from endo to urologist and it went well.

Its funny you say that. I was thinking about the lobby of the urologist, where I had my vasectomy done, and it was plastered with TRT shit. Im sure it was cream or pellets due to the profit margin but still TRT friendly. May be worth a shot.

Sometimes the urologist with a reproductive specialty/focus are good.

Post your City again maybe others have a recommendation.

Im in the South Shore Massachusetts area. Boston if I have to.

Just a check in:

Been, for the most part, on my current T dose (62.5mg E3.5D) since 1/15/18. My weight had gradually crept up 13 pounds starting in November/December. My early protocol was too low and I was gaining weight even with hitting the gym and no changes in diet. Not to mention crazy hot flashes. On 2/2/18 I hit my most recent high of 237 lbs.

I am happy to report that as of this morning I have shed 20 lbs and currently sitting at 217 (Not sure the last time I was under 220 TBH). I have put on noticeable muscle in most areas as well so fat loss is probably closer to 25+ lbs. My pants have gone from a snug 36" waist to a comfortable 33" waist. All of my lifts are up, along with my mood. My marriage has improved as well. Concentration levels at work are getting better and memory is improving dramatically week to week. Libido is great.

I lift using the 5/3/1 protocol. And I always finish with either 20 mins of sled work or 10 mins HIIT on the elliptical just to get my heart pounding. Wed and Sat I do 30 min HIIT on the elliptical. I can usually get my HR to 161 in the last two hard intervals and in the high 150s for the others prior.

I have been doing some basic intermittent fasting on cardio days and my rest day. Basically no calories all morning early afternoon and shoot for a meal between 1-3. Just water and black coffee. Not sure how much if any of my weight loss I can attribute to this. In the past dieting has NEVER worked for me unless it was severe calorie restriction. Its funny to see things move in a positive direction because nothing worked for so long. Its also funny to see gym time working as well because id been stagnant for the last 6-7 years without making many gains even with switching up lifting styles etc every few months and lifting heavy. I just chalked it up to getting older.

I feel like I am getting there. Currently no AI and no real sides of high estradiol. Introduced DIM a few weeks back and had been taking CalD for a few months prior. I have an appt with a new Endo on 8/3. Tufts med school and current Harvard Medical Faculty Physician and in his 30s so MAYBE he is current on hormone therapies.