NH_Watts' TRT Log

Google for it, no need to be fixated at getting it here.

1 Like

Her body temperatures, energy and mood?

She likes link salt. Tastes great and it natural. She needs to know that hypothyroidism, retarded children and goiter used to be the natural state in most places on the planet. We crawled out of the see millions of years ago, but we evolved in the sea where iodine was ubiquitous.

u·biq·ui·tous
yo͞oˈbikwədəs/
adjective
adjective: ubiquitous

present, appearing, or found everywhere.
"his ubiquitous influence was felt by all the family"
synonyms:	omnipresent, ever-present, everywhere, all over the place, pervasive, universal, worldwide, global
1 Like

I do not know about her temperature, I will talk to her about it tonight. Her energy is better after fixing really low iron (for a year or so) that she/they are now monitoring. Mood is fairly irritable with a lot of ups and downs. I have been getting her to eat iodized salt when I cook with it. She has polycystic kidney disease so she has has to watch her sodium content to not overtax the organs. She isnt great about taking her multi and I need to check it for contents. Again, another conversation I need to have with her. She doesn’t like it when I play doctor like this :slight_smile:

Updating my log with labs finally.

Tested my digital thermometers last night to see how accurate they are.

I brought water to 98° F (whole number settings on machine only) and verified with a meat thermometer which read 98.3°…close enough to test.

First up my “reliable” VIcks digital, 100.1°. Two degrees off. I verified this again bringing the water to 99° and again verified with meat thermometer at 99.3°. Vicks digital read 101.1°, again 2° off.

New CVS digital thermometer with water @ 98° gave a reading of 99.2°. One degree off. Again raised the water temp to 99° and the CVS digital thermometer gave a reading of 100.2°. Again 1° off.

So I believe this means that my consistent morning reading of 98° is really 96° which is really low. Im going to try and get a glass thermometer and start getting readings before I jump to any conclusions. My multi has 50% RDA iodine and 100% selenium and I also take kelp supplement every day which has an additional 150mcg (100% RDA). I am also liberally using iodized sea salt (morton’s) liberally every day and have been for the last 6 months.

Does anyone have link or brand of glass thermometer they use? Amazon has nearly nothing and the one they do have get horrible ratings.

New labs taken last week in between shot days (not trough) to stay consistent. For reference I do SQ E3.5D w/ 62.5mg Test C along with .65mg liquid anastrozole @ same time. This has been consistent for the last 7 weeks.

I neglected to get my SHBG tested so will add that to my next test.

E2 is still high, and Im symptomatic, so I am wondering how I should proceed. Also, is there anything glaring from these tests?

Imo I think with your total t and free t being so high, you may need to lower the test. But I don’t recall how you got to 62.5X2 .

Thanks charlie12. Doc upped me from 200 every two weeks to 250 every two weeks to see if I would feel any better. I was doing weekly injections of 125 for a bit but quickly switched it out to split that up to twice a week hence 62.5.

1180 is just barely out of range and its not my trough day so it dropped for another day and a half. I assume we are all near or above that high range number 24 hours after an injection. Not sure where I drop to on injection day but my average T is probably right around the high end of normal.

Im not sure if we have the full picture here without the SHBG measurement.

Any other opinions on the new blood work and ideas on next steps? Up AI? Decrease Test?

@anon10035199 @systemlord @KSman @alldayeveryday @Hostile bump

1 Like

It’s difficult to advise without knowing your SHBG levels, I have no idea what your free hormones are or if this protocol is right for you. If SHBG comes in low than numbers are wrong.

The Endo yesterday said that because I had the LC/MS/MS Free and Total test measured there is no need for an SHGB measurement. I told him I wanted it measured and he said due to the one I ordered it would be useless. Im trying to find more info on that but you think he was just talking out of his ass?

Your doctor clearly doesn’t understand why SHBG should be measured, very troubling. Are you sure this is an endo we are talking about here? Even my clueless Kaiser endo ran SHBG.

Yeah. With creds:

Clinical Interests
Thyroid cancer; Thyroid nodules; PCOS; Male hypogonadism; Gonadal disorders; Obesity medicine; Thyroid disorders; Endocrinology-General

Academic Titles
Instructor, Medicine, Harvard Medical School

Practice Affiliations
Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

The fact remains protocols need to change based on total t and free t. If they are right does not matter what shbg is. It is good to know. But even those with high shbg can inject 2x a week.

Shbg would help. How are you feeling? Simple step would be to lower your T dose mildly. You speak of a trough day but you don’t truly have one with twice per week injection.

I feel pretty damn good at this dose but could be better. Getting my E2 from 57 to 40 has been dramatic. Endo didnt really care about that. He said I should be shooting for mid-normal range with Test. I was considering dropping it back to 100mg a week to see how I felt but now that I am dropping the AI for 4 weeks I dont want to change too much all at once.

As for trough days I really just mean the day of my next shot. But yeah at E3.5D its not bottoming out.

Like I just said to Hostile, the Endo wants me to drop my RC anastrozole for 4 weeks, get bloods, and take it from there. He will probably ask that I drop my Test to 50mg E3.5D and test again after 6 weeks. Wants to see me again in July to discuss. Said if appropriate we can talk about an anastrozole prescription at that point.

He said if I want him to work with me then this is where we have to start. He obv doesn’t like the idea of a non prescribed drug. I think this is my leap of faith as a test to see if I am manageable. Maybe its the price I have to pay for proper care. Not sure yet. Im going to give him a go at the behest of my wife who is quite concerned about the whole thing. She knows that if this Endo doesn’t work out (my second one) I am reluctant to continue to try and search for a doctor who is agreeable. She knows about mens clinics but doesn’t like the out-of-pocket factor. She is upset that my PCP put me on without running all of the necessary test for pituitary etc to determine true hypergonadism. I told her that getting me on Test and balancing me out a bit probably saved our marriage. That put it a bit more in perspective for her.

TRT isn’t about getting everything in ranges, it’s about the doctor being able to look at the labs and interpret their meaning, your doctor looks at them and sees a bunch of ranges and numbers, he doesn’t understand what the numbers mean.

So you are going to teach the doctor how to do TRT or hope someday he gets it? You’re choosing a mediocre life as a cost saving incentive, people seem to put a low priority of their health and yet spend thousands on nice cars, houses and gotto have that new iPhone every 2 years.

Yeah treating the numbers and not the patient is a huge issue. I won’t allow it. I’m not going to teach him how to do TRT but I also won’t allow myself to be pushed into feeling like garbage again. Dropping the AI will be bad over the next 4 weeks but hopefully he does the right thing after the next blood work. My wife is fully aware that if this doesn’t work out I/we will start paying out of pocket for proper care.

We are definitely NOT people of endless means but do ok for one working parent but we budget. If we can have insurance cover the whole thing then that would help. We have to at least try.