NFL's Top 100 Players

Love. This. A new episode comes on at 9pm Eastern Time. I’m watching a previous episode right now.

Channel: NFL Network

So who do they rank as #1? And where do Jerry Rice and Joe Montana fall on this list?

Ray Lewis in the top ten.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
So who do they rank as #1? And where do Jerry Rice and Joe Montana fall on this list?[/quote]

Let me further explain. Its gonna be 5-10 episodes.

1st episode:100-91
2nd episode:90-81
3rd episode: 80-71

Most current episode: 70-61

No. 70: Marshal Faulk. He loos nothing like a Running Back, but that guy could move.

Active/Retired Top 5

Darrelle Revis #1

Mark Sanchez #2

Bart Scott #3

LaDanian Tomlinson #4

Fridge Perry #5

We, I checked out #100-91 on some website and I was shocked to see Michael Irvin at #92. I fucking hate the Cowboys, but I saw that guy torch the Niners back in the 90’s so many times I can’t believe he’s only #92. How many receivers are greater than him? Not many. Rice obviously, maybe Cris Carter and Randy Moss. But come on! Are they going to rank Lynn Swann and Fred Biletnikoff ahead of him? What’s next? Curtis Martin ranked ahead of Barry Sanders?

No. 70

no.65

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:
Active/Retired Top 5

Darrelle Revis #1

Mark Sanchez #2

Bart Scott #3

LaDanian Tomlinson #4

Fridge Perry #5

[/quote]

Terrible List, except LT. He’ll probably be top 40.

Active/Retired Top 5

Darrelle Revis #1

Mark Sanchez #2

Bart Scott #3

LaDanian Tomlinson #4

Fridge Perry #5

[/quote]

wait a minute…

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Ray Lewis in the top ten.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree. During his dominating years in the early 2000’s he was regarded by many as the best player in football, not just linebacker. He is the greatest to ever play his position. LT is the best OLB

no. 62

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
no. 62[/quote]

no. 61

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Active/Retired Top 5

Darrelle Revis #1

Mark Sanchez #2

Bart Scott #3

LaDanian Tomlinson #4

Fridge Perry #5

[/quote]

Terrible List, except LT. He’ll probably be top 40.[/quote]

Accurate list is accurate

Derrick Thomas better be in the top twenty. Total beast.

[quote]redstar144 wrote:
Derrick Thomas better be in the top twenty. Total beast.[/quote]

There’s football in Ireland?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:
Derrick Thomas better be in the top twenty. Total beast.[/quote]

There’s football in Ireland?[/quote]

Nope, but you find the odd hero like myself who follows football and supports his team through the thick and thin. We have Gaelic Football but its a totally different sport.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
We, I checked out #100-91 on some website and I was shocked to see Michael Irvin at #92. I fucking hate the Cowboys, but I saw that guy torch the Niners back in the 90’s so many times I can’t believe he’s only #92. How many receivers are greater than him? Not many. Rice obviously, maybe Cris Carter and Randy Moss. But come on! Are they going to rank Lynn Swann and Fred Biletnikoff ahead of him? What’s next? Curtis Martin ranked ahead of Barry Sanders?[/quote]

T.O.
Steve Largent
Bruce and Holt
Harrison
Andre Reed
Tim Brown
Rod Smith
I’m sure there is some old timers to add to this list

I hate these lists because nobody can ever decide on a criteria. A lot of the all time great old timers ie Johnny Unitas and Jim Brown were great back then and put up crazy stats but they’d get smoked if they tried to play today. Also I think Joe Montana is consensus best QB of all time (Payton Manning might pass him up by the time he retires) but a lot of QBs will be ranked higher than Dan Marino because he doesnt have a super bowl ring even though he was much better. And Brett Favre will probably be ranked way too high just because hes a likable guy and he has a few records, but they won’t mention he also has the record for most interceptions and most times sacked and only got the others through sheer volume of play.

and lol @ Mark Sanchez, he sucks