T Nation

NFL's Best Physique?

[quote]GreenGoblin wrote:
T-Matt,

I am a Bucs fun too (from Va) … don’t know HOW if forgot Pitt on my list. The boy IS built (like a Hummer … lol … only you will probably understand that joke).

Thomas Jones has some big guns also.

Matter of fact … Pittman, Boston, Thomas Jones, and Simeon Rice all played for the Cardinals at one point. The SC must know his shit!!

GG[/quote]

All of these guys but Rice have been trained by Charles Poliquin.

Andy Reid.

Adam Vinatieri or Janikowski get my vote
Dont forget about Jeff George

You’re right. Andy Reid has HUGE pecs!!!

[quote]c-mack wrote:
You’re right. Andy Reid has HUGE pecs!!![/quote]

Don’t you mean breasts?

i thought boston juiced too then i read that he was training with charles polquin and I thought “hmm maybe not”…

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1107554164327.kevin.kasper

[quote]RED9 wrote:
Another white guy that most ppl don’t know about is Kevin Kasper from Iowa, now w/ the Patriots. He is freak (set 3 combine records and Joe Defranco’s vote for “Biggest freak he’s ever worked with”).[/quote]

http://www.kevinkasper.com/

it is TO hands down. HE looks like an anatomy chart! The smaller guys are much more common physique-wise (i.e. 5’9", 200) because it is absolutely necessary for them to even be there. The 6’3" 235-250 studs are the ridiculous ones like the TO’s, LaVarr Arrington, Junior Seau(back in the day), and David Boston, roids and all.

He gone, but Lyle Alzado. He was huge, he was great. Better Living Through Chemistry!

I have always wondered about Boston taking steroids. I know that he tested positive by NFL standards, but I do not know what kind of testing is administered. If it was a test simply looking at t-levels it could be flawed, since Boston probably has 3 times the t-levels of a normal man, which would cause him to fail the test. I have read that Poliquin put him through some grueling workouts as far as working with maximal weights, eccentrics, and intensity. It was said that not many people could train like Boston and not break down. Also Poliquin knows of some pretty effective natural ways to manipulate hormones. I could be way off here, but I would like to hear some expert opinions on these thoughts.

[quote]bamit wrote:
I have always wondered about Boston taking steroids. I know that he tested positive by NFL standards, but I do not know what kind of testing is administered. If it was a test simply looking at t-levels it could be flawed, since Boston probably has 3 times the t-levels of a normal man, which would cause him to fail the test. I have read that Poliquin put him through some grueling workouts as far as working with maximal weights, eccentrics, and intensity. It was said that not many people could train like Boston and not break down. Also Poliquin knows of some pretty effective natural ways to manipulate hormones. I could be way off here, but I would like to hear some expert opinions on these thoughts. [/quote]

There is no reason any reasonably well built adult male with normal hormone levels could not build a physique like that naturally. Same goes for Barry Bonds in baseball. Whether they did use or not who knows. Boston looks like I would think a natural trainer on this site with a similar build would look like with 10 years of hard work.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
There is no reason any reasonably well built adult male with normal hormone levels could not build a physique like that naturally. Same goes for Barry Bonds in baseball. Whether they did use or not who knows. Boston looks like I would think a natural trainer on this site with a similar build would look like with 10 years of hard work.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing mert, especially considered how genetically gifted Boston is and the fact that he includes alot of sprinting/plyometic work in his workouts.

The guy is a genetic freak. Shoot, considering how overtrained he prolly is his t levels might not even be that hi. I bet he was a monster in junior high when he was doin wind sprints and lifting plastic weights.

I’m surprised nobody mentioned The Freak, Jevon Kearse. I’d vote for them in this order:

1. Boston, though I agree his play has declined as his arms get bigger.
  2. Kearse
  3. Lavar
    Honorable mention: James Harrison, special teamer/backup OLB/man-beast for Pittsburgh. He might be number one but I’ve only ever seen him in uniform.

Go on then, be 250 at 6%… be sure to post a pic…

Anthony Dorsett of the Raiders.