NFL Weight Gain Meal Plan

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
Being personal friends with someone who is widely considered to have be the best NFL lineman of the modern era

Warren Sapp?[/quote]

Tony Mandarich?

Wrong again.

Offensive line.

12 straight pro-bowl starts (this is the record). (2 more than Lawrence Taylor who is the next closest)

12 years with the Vikings, 2 with the Bucs.

Retired at the end of the 2001 season. (The year before the Bucs won the Super Bowl)

Had to google, Randall McDaniel

You win the prize.

where I did my internship, Russel Maryland was in the wellness program, as he still ate like he played.

nice guy, sad that some of these players don’t know how to transition back to a normal life

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Remember, these guys jobs are to be physically active all the time. And they get 1 (read that again, 1, for the Bucs it was tuesday) day off a week.

Their job is a full time physical activity (and overtime).
[/quote]

All NFL players get Tuesday off. That’s when they pic up their game checks, too.

And about your other points: you’re right. Every point you made was right, so there’s nothing to really say that hasn’t already. During the season, on top of the three “normal” meals, we’d have sandwiches in our lockers that we’d eat as well as carrying around gallons of water.

Gamedays were different, because we ate a team meal before games. During the offseason, it was quite different. Between summer practices, workouts, conditioning, and two-a-days, we were eating so much, it was crazy. Quad stackers were our friends during the offseason.

Yep, I was a high school lineman.

I no longer eat like one. You just have to draw the line at being “active player” like I said, or retired player.

I want to reiterate what I said at one point OP, I promise you’ll get fat if you try to completely eat like a football player. Theres no possible way you will burn anywhere near the calories or work out hard enough to make up for it. Feel free to eat ‘dirty food’, KNOW WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE. There is a difference

One more former high school lineman checking in. So many of the muscular guys in college are those that got their bulk on as high school hogs.

Definitely, go to the “recent progress” thread in the bodybuilding forum. I just made a couple huge posts about that very thing DB.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Yep, I was a high school lineman.

I no longer eat like one. You just have to draw the line at being “active player” like I said, or retired player.[/quote]

Exactly. I found that as I would go from one phase to another (offseason conditioning to two-a-days to season to offseason), my appetite would change accordingly. When I burned more calories, by body craved them. When I didn’t, my hunger went down.

There’s no way in HELL that I could eat like I did during two-a-days. I would easily take in 5000+ (and oftentimes, more) calories like I was a starving Ethiopian child. And that was to just maintain my weight! I dare anyone to eat like the Hogs did, they’d balloon in no time.

The nfl diet getswole said reminds me of mariez puginowskkis diet, which is lots of candy and calories also. Really no one should try to implement what ridiculously gifted pro athletes are doing for diet, who may be under drug use and are doing ridiculous amounts of training.

ifitandhealthy.com/mariusz-pudzianowski-workout-and-diet/

That is mariesz alleged diet

Like you said, its just not to be implemented but us average joes…doesn’t mean people need to sit here and say how terrible it is.

BTW he looks awesome in that picture.