NFL Pro Bowl Snubs

[quote]rainjack wrote:
My lifetime has spanned most of the greats. From Unitas to Staubach to Fran Tarkington to Billy Kilmer right up to now.

Favre is as hardnosed as they come. And in my book, has to be mentioned whenever any of the greats are talked about. Definitely a top 5 QB and a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Copmpared to Favre, Eli is a twink. No heart, and no drive. Just an arm. [/quote]

I saw Brett’s first few years—

Noone saw what was coming.

Just because he doesn’t rah-rah doesn’t mean he lacks heart or drive.

Really kind of foolish to speculate. How many of the greatest were considered so before their 2nd,3rd 4th year.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Really kind of foolish to speculate. How many of the greatest were considered so before their 2nd,3rd 4th year.[/quote]

Right off the top of my head - Peyton Manning, Marino, Elway, and maybe Staubach.

How many were considered great in their first couple of years and then petered out? Of course it’s hard to list those because they have long been forgotten.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Really kind of foolish to speculate. How many of the greatest were considered so before their 2nd,3rd 4th year.

Right off the top of my head - Peyton Manning, Marino, Elway, and maybe Staubach.

How many were considered great in their first couple of years and then petered out? Of course it’s hard to list those because they have long been forgotten. [/quote]

My suggestion was not implying that it hasn’t ocurred. The list the other way is 100 times longer.

Is Carson Palmer the next??? Let’s see what happens over 10 years. You obviously have a dislike for him for some reason, I could care, but you are in no position to evaluate his talent or lack thereof. Much more goes on in a game that goes into that eval. than you get on sportscenter.

I’m sorry your team can’t win, that matters little in the true potential of an opposing team’s qb.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Is Carson Palmer the next??? Let’s see what happens over 10 years. You obviously have a dislike for him for some reason, I could care, but you are in no position to evaluate his talent or lack thereof. Much more goes on in a game that goes into that eval. than you get on sportscenter.[/quote]

I never said I didn’t like Carson Palmer. I have a huge problem with Eli Manning. My bet is that if he were anywhere but in New York, or on the WAest Coast, he wouldn’t be hailed as such a great qb. One of the reasons I can;t stand him is the way he handles being drafted. It reminded me of Elway. And I never liked him from the moment he started whining, until he retired. Manning is the same way.

Will he be a great one? Will he even be as good as his brother? Time will tell. But until then - I will continue to hate the scrawny little spoiled brat and hope only the worst for his career.

[quote]I’m sorry your team can’t win, that matters little in the true potential of an opposing team’s qb.
[/quote]

I think Archie Manning was living proof of that.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Is Carson Palmer the next??? Let’s see what happens over 10 years. You obviously have a dislike for him for some reason, I could care, but you are in no position to evaluate his talent or lack thereof. Much more goes on in a game that goes into that eval. than you get on sportscenter.

I never said I didn’t like Carson Palmer. I have a huge problem with Eli Manning. My bet is that if he were anywhere but in New York, or on the WAest Coast, he wouldn’t be hailed as such a great qb. One of the reasons I can;t stand him is the way he handles being drafted. It reminded me of Elway. And I never liked him from the moment he started whining, until he retired. Manning is the same way.

Will he be a great one? Will he even be as good as his brother? Time will tell. But until then - I will continue to hate the scrawny little spoiled brat and hope only the worst for his career.

I’m sorry your team can’t win, that matters little in the true potential of an opposing team’s qb.

[/quote]

That is your most irrational right sir.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
That is your most irrational right sir.[/quote]

There is no rational thought when it comes to being a football fan. If there were - why would anyone root for the4 Arizona Cardinals? Or the Houston Texans?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

There is no rational thought when it comes to being a football fan. If there were - why would anyone root for the4 Arizona Cardinals? Or the Houston Texans?[/quote]

I could not think of another reason.

As a side note, and not to jack the thread though it looks like it took a fork a while back–

A god Bless to Tony Dungy and his family this holiday season. I can’t imagine…

Now me and RJ usually agree on everything but I am a GIANTS fan and I hate to see someone slam Eli. Don’t forget the kid does lead the NFC in TD passes. No doubt Tiki is great but what would Aikman have been with out Emmit?

I think Eli has a bright future ahead of him, but only a HUGE Giants homer cannot see that he has been horrible since the bye week.

In the first four weeks of the season, Eli had 9 TD, 2 Ints, a 97.8 passer rating, and was averaging a very solid 8.0 yards per pass attempt. Opposing defensive coordinators were basically daring Eli to beat them and to his credit he made them pay for it.

However, since the bye week, opposing DC’s have given Eli fits. In the last 10 games, he has 13 TD, 14 Ints, a 67.9 passer rating and is averaging only 6.3 yards per attempt. In those 10 games, he has posted a QB rating of 90 or better exactly ONE time, while posting a 70 or below rating on a whopping SIX occasions. That’s not just bad, that’s Boller/Harrington/Bollinger bad.

The Giants have been winning lately in spite of Eli, not because of him.

Ahh Rainjack- You must not be a pro football fan.

Eli’s two tackles were out for the Chiefs game. Bob Whitfield, who is blind in one eye BTW, was assigned to Jared Allen, who has 9 sacks. Eli played pretty well didn’t he? Granted the Chiefs played like fourth graders, but Eli got protection, and played well. You can’t say it was a product of poor tackling in the secondary, save for the down/not down play. (He was down, but it’s pointless.)

Peyton didn’t do too hot his first couple of years, but Eli is in the perfect situation to succeed because he doesn’t have to do everything.

You’re just jealous because Mark Brunell put a whipping on the glacier Drew Bledsoe and the Cowboys. I can’t wait to see you drool over Matt Schaub as the second coming when he signs with the Cowboys in the offseason.

IMo vick is only in cuz he is black in a white dominated position, its all politics…

[quote]rainjack wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

[/quote]

Hmmm…methinks this is a bitter Cowboys fan bitching here :wink:

I will not defend Eli, even as a lifelong Giants fan. What he does (either this year, or in years to come) will speak more than I can write on this forum.

Enjoy Bledsoe RJ. If he makes it through the last game…if not, you guys can always pick up testaverde!

[quote]Babalu wrote:
IMo vick is only in cuz he is black in a white dominated position, its all politics…[/quote]

Bwahahahahaahahahaahahahaha…ha

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Babalu wrote:
IMo vick is only in cuz he is black in a white dominated position, its all politics…

Bwahahahahaahahahaahahahaha…ha[/quote]

The media is desirous to have a black QB blah blah blah.

Vick was in because he is an exciting amazing athlete that puts people in the seats and sells a shit load of jerseys.

It is a popularity contest and Ron Mexico is popular.

The NFL Pro Bowl has gone to crap. Why isnt T.J. Houshmanzadeh in the pro bowl??? He’s 7th in the league in recieving touchdowns and on the big plays hes the bengals go to reciever. I think he deserved it.

[quote]dukefan4ever wrote:
escot4 wrote:
Although I think Eli should have made it over either Vick or Delhomme.

Daylight come and ya got ta De-lomme.

Jake rules, baby!

Detroit bound!
[/quote]

Please. PLEASE! Never quote that hack Berman again. The guy ruins entire games just by talking about them. I sincerely hate that man.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

There is no rational thought when it comes to being a football fan. If there were - why would anyone root for the4 Arizona Cardinals? Or the Houston Texans?[/quote]

or cough cough … Detroit…

[quote]rainjack wrote:
My lifetime has spanned most of the greats. From Unitas to Staubach to Fran Tarkington to Billy Kilmer right up to now.

Favre is as hardnosed as they come. And in my book, has to be mentioned whenever any of the greats are talked about. Definitely a top 5 QB and a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Copmpared to Favre, Eli is a twink. No heart, and no drive. Just an arm. [/quote]

Damn right on… I sincerely cannot stand Eli. I like to watch him lose the only downfall to that is that I am a Tiki Barber fan and that guy deserves to win.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but Mark Brunell and the foreskins (Redskins) earned that win against the Cowgirls. Romo and Bledsoe just aren’t it. TO couldn’t hold onto a ball to save his life. The redskins moved the ball well all day, and earned their win. Don’t even get me started on some of the pain Sean Taylor inflicted on the cowgirl offense.

Neither is Eli. The giants need to develop Eli or get a new quarterback. He will never be as good as his brother. His brother will go down in NFL history as one of the best to ever play the game. Eli will not. The giants also need a coach. Coughlin is not cutting it anymore.

The Eagles will also be looking for a QB this offseason. McNabb isn’t cutting it anymore. He will be another forgotten within a few years. Looks like young Jason Cambbell is going to be the favored QB for the NFC East next season. Oh well…

Schuab is a damn good QB, he is just stuck behind Vick. In my opinion, Atlanta would win more games with Schuab than with Vick, but Vick makes money.

The pro-bowl is a joke anyhow. Nobody wants to play and risk injury after the season is over. And personally, if I was that particular athlete. I wouldn’t either.

Why was LAST YEAR’S Pro Bowl thread brought back to life?