NFL Draft...

[quote]veruvius wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:
Too bad your team won’t make it back to the dance to play my team…
:wink:

The Eagles (my team as well) are definitely going back to the super bowl. I just don’t see the NFC stopping them.
.[/quote]

maybe so…of course, you’ve always got mcnabb to stop them.
Great QB, tough as nails, but there’s just something about him that’s always made me nervous.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
veruvius wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:
Too bad your team won’t make it back to the dance to play my team…
:wink:

The Eagles (my team as well) are definitely going back to the super bowl. I just don’t see the NFC stopping them.

maybe so…of course, you’ve always got mcnabb to stop them.
Great QB, tough as nails, but there’s just something about him that’s always made me nervous.[/quote]

Like puking in the Super Bowl
or his lack of accuracy?

Hell, yeah. Eagles will be back in the superbowl. What we do there is another story. But I got faith.
[/quote]

Have fun with T.O. this year…

In mcnabbs defense he threw 31 tds with only 7 ints.he just can’t get it done,even with T.O playing the game of his life on one leg.

With that performance Owens put on i wouldn’t be surprised to see em will the eags to the bowl.
Even with all the third person talk he’s still a warrior.I hate the eagles,but i dont mind watching him play.

[quote]mark lonnie jr wrote:
In mcnabbs defense he threw 31 tds with only 7 ints.he just can’t get it done,even with T.O playing the game of his life on one leg.

With that performance Owens put on i wouldn’t be surprised to see em will the eags to the bowl.
Even with all the third person talk he’s still a warrior.I hate the eagles,but i dont mind watching him play.[/quote]

agreed

[quote]Snoop wrote:
I just hope that the Grossman stays healthy all season so we dont have to go through 5 different QB’s! Cedric Benson was a nice addition him and Jones should rip it up in the next few years. A-Train should be traded.[/quote]

Yea, I think that if Grossman can stay healthy they will be in good shape. I’m super excited to see how well all the offensive pieces fit together in the new system.

Even with all the third person talk he’s still a warrior.I hate the eagles,but i dont mind watching him play.[/quote]

Let’s remember that 14 td’s came in 3 games. That is almost 50%. Also keep in mind, that last year he played in arguably the worst division in football.

Dallas, NY, and Wash. didn’t come close to the playoffs so that was 6 easy wins. Then they got the Packers at home on a Monday night. That’s 7 wins.

McNabb is a good player who plays with a very good team. The D coordinator might be the best in the business. He is not a natural leader.

Now T.O.–that’s a man. His mouth is big, but his talent is HUGE. Pay the man.

The NFC is weak so they have a shot at returning, but I think someone else comes along and it’s just their year. That will effectively end this run. bye-bye

Pretty Impressed that Derrick Johnson fell to the Chiefs at 15.

The punter in the 3rd round isn’t a laughable pick like some may think. Punting killed the team last year, and Colquitt can boom it.

And you can technically call Surtain their 2nd round pick, albeit an expensive one.

If the defense is indeed improved, and the team stays healthy, there will be no excuses if they don’t make the Super Bowl

Also glad to see other Cowboys fan on the board. You can never have enough of us (well, unless you are any other NFL fan who finds us incredibly annoying. lol)

Overall, this was one of the better Cowboy drafts in recently memory, simply because they were able to fill some incredibly important needs with those first 3 picks. DeMarcus Ware is the outside rusher we have been missing since… ohhh… Charles Haley and Marcus Spears is a great fit in the event we do go to the 3-4. Then, getting Kevin Burnett in the 2nd round as OLB. Overall, I’m very pleased. The one other thing I probably would have liked a little more attention paid to was WR since Keyshawn is more of a possession guy and I have never been 100% sold on Terry Glenn (although here’s to hoping that we see some of the old magic rekindled between him and Bledsoe).

Overall, if Ware at all lives up to his potential/hype, we will be signifiantly improved next year on defense. We just could not wreak havoc on the opposing team’s offense last year to save our lives (takeaways, sacks, etc.) And would the real Terence Newman please stand up???

Kuz

• Return with honor

Detroit’s management are idiots. No receiver ever won a Superbowl, and no great passing team has ever won a Super Bowl either. Defense, running game, special teams and an efficient passing game is what it takes.

3 straight Wrs in the 1st round? Come on.

unless of course they’re planning some trades, then we’ll see if it was worth it.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Detroit is gonna have one hell of a recieving core for Harrington to throw to this year. Charle Rodgers, Roy Williams and now the best reciever in this draft. Unless of course they are just going to trade him or one of the other guys.

V[/quote]

I’m just happy my Giants got a short yardage back. 6’4, 267, holy moly…Brandon Jacobs, RB, Southern Illinois. Also listed at 256.

Either way, he should be better than Ron dayne.

Dayne went to the Broncos-watch that o-line give him 1500 yards!

Sonny…

The Lions did indeed draft Kevin Jones last year and injury excluded he had 1133 yards at 4.7 yrds per carry and 5 touchdowns…

Their running game seems to be more intact than you stated. No biggie.

What are the odds that Auburn truly had 2 of the best running backs in the country?

It seems to me like their offensive line play probably has something to do with their success and the RB’s may be a little overrated.

Fair enough. Most non-Philadelphians hate the Eagles and Phila. fans in general with some justification. We’re easy to hate. But it’s fun as hell to be a Phila. fan.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:

McNabb is a good player who plays with a very good team. The D coordinator might be the best in the business. He is not a natural leader.

Now T.O.–that’s a man. His mouth is big, but his talent is HUGE. Pay the man.

The NFC is weak so they have a shot at returning, but I think someone else comes along and it’s just their year. That will effectively end this run. bye-bye[/quote]

Fair enough. But given the draft and everything else who do you think that would be?

I think the seahawks and panthers are gonna roll.Thereisn’t 1 player in this draft thats gonna make a difference in who goes to the playoffs(outside of Mike Williams).I’m looking for detroit to do well this year,with those wrs alot teams are gonna get beat beat by jones having to cover em all.There’s just to many playmakers on the field.

jsbrook

I can’t answer that, that is why I framed my answer as such. Some team will just put together one of those years–ie Carolina Panthers of a couple years ago. Maybe Carolina again or maybe the Seahawks–everyones darlings last year–will fulfill their destiny.

I do not hate the Eagles. They are a very good team. But in pro sports it is the rare bird (pun intended) who can stay that close to the top for so long without wining it. Maybe the Bills of the 90s or the Vikings of the 70s would be about it for comparison.

My response was only re: McNabb. I’m just not a big believer in the guy. He seems to be like one of those basketball players who gets 30 in the shit games, but when it’s a big game he goes 2-20. But I don’t get to see every game, i just get to read the stats.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Detroit’s management are idiots. No receiver ever won a Superbowl, and no great passing team has ever won a Super Bowl either. Defense, running game, special teams and an efficient passing game is what it takes.

3 straight Wrs in the 1st round? Come on.

unless of course they’re planning some trades, then we’ll see if it was worth it.

Vegita wrote:
Detroit is gonna have one hell of a recieving core for Harrington to throw to this year. Charle Rodgers, Roy Williams and now the best reciever in this draft. Unless of course they are just going to trade him or one of the other guys.

V

[/quote]

recent history uuuuuhhhhhh st louie rams IN YOUR FACE

[quote]mls jr. wrote:
I think the seahawks and panthers are gonna roll.Thereisn’t 1 player in this draft thats gonna make a difference in who goes to the playoffs(outside of Mike Williams).I’m looking for detroit to do well this year,with those wrs alot teams are gonna get beat beat by jones having to cover em all.There’s just to many playmakers on the field.[/quote]

Mike Williams will not be an impact, go to the Super Bowl type player. And besides, you still need to get the ball to the wide receivers for them to be effective. Joey has not proven he can do that yet. The key for the Lions will be the development of a consistant running game. This will take some pressure off of Harrington and allow him to progress as a QB.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
mark lonnie jr wrote:

Even with all the third person talk he’s still a warrior.I hate the eagles,but i dont mind watching him play.

Fair enough. Most non-Philadelphians hate the Eagles and Phila. fans in general with some justification. We’re easy to hate. But it’s fun as hell to be a Phila. fan.
[/quote]

really? You like always losing in the clutch?