NFL Draft...

So, I figured I’d start a thread to let you all chime in with your opinions - give grades to your favorite teams concerning how you thought they did in the draft.

For me, I’d have to say that the Chargers got an A- with their first three picks, showing that their commited to defence as well as looking to the future with their recieving corps and running game. And that Sproles kid from KSU is one quick little shit who can move.

Green bay left me scratching my head, it’s obvious that Rodgers was the best QB still available, but they passed on the secondary help they so desperately needed. I give them a C+…

Any thoughts?

Discuss.

GAINER

Gutsy pick by Jacksonville in the first round. Not sure I woulda done that, that’s the kind of pick you make if you’re the Pats or the Eagles, but it shows some sack.

Go Bills
…that’s all I have to say

Well I would have to say that that Rodgers kid is going to have one hell of a mentor ! Yes , I agree that G. Bay needs all the help they can get in the secondary . Alex Smith had better pray for a better O-Line , or its gonna be " Welcome to the NFL !" I see Denver is giving Clarett a chance and Mike Willims is gonna make some noise in Detroit . Jax made a good decision in drafting that tall guy who threw for the Razorbaks last year . That guy ran a 4.3 !!! Not bad for 6’6" 245 . My team , the Eagles , made out like bandits . Got a slew of Off. and Def. linemen . One guy from some po-dunk college is 6’ and 355 lbs . That guy is going to have a heart attack by 30 ! Pleased with how my team made out and looking foreward to the season .

[quote]MJC wrote:
Go Bills
…that’s all I have to say[/quote]

as a Patriot fan…forever…who remembers the days as a little kid of crying and throwing heavy shit every Sunday afternoon…because the frickin Bills ALWAYS beat the Pats no matter what…pardon me while I laugh myself silly about the Bills.

Who’s runnin’ things up there anyway?

I love that rodgers fell to greenbay.I’m a big Green bay guy.Alex Smith was the clear choice for 1,he’s to smart to fail.How about Mike Williams going to detroit?All three running backs make the top 5.
Maurice clarret should be fine in denver.They could they could turn John Elway into a thousand yard back

[quote]Brad407 wrote:
Well I would have to say that that Rodgers kid is going to have one hell of a mentor ! Yes , I agree that G. Bay needs all the help they can get in the secondary . Alex Smith had better pray for a better O-Line , or its gonna be " Welcome to the NFL !" I see Denver is giving Clarett a chance and Mike Willims is gonna make some noise in Detroit . Jax made a good decision in drafting that tall guy who threw for the Razorbaks last year . That guy ran a 4.3 !!! Not bad for 6’6" 245 . My team , the Eagles , made out like bandits . Got a slew of Off. and Def. linemen . One guy from some po-dunk college is 6’ and 355 lbs . That guy is going to have a heart attack by 30 ! Pleased with how my team made out and looking foreward to the season . [/quote]

Too bad your team won’t make it back to the dance to play my team…
:wink:

I’ll give my Cowboys an A, they got the top 2 guys on their board which ain’t too bad. They also picked up a nice RB to back up J. Jones. All in all I suspect Dallas next year to try and pull a “ravens” to win. Basically try to play really mean Defense and then Run, run, run their way to victory in 13-7 contests. All Drew will need to do is not give the game away.

As a Bears fan, I give them a B+. They addressed their gigantic offensive needs with Cedric Benson and Kyle Orton. Combine that with the aquisition of Mushin Muhammad and possibly start to turn around their offense.

Da Bears!

Detroit is gonna have one hell of a recieving core for Harrington to throw to this year. Charle Rodgers, Roy Williams and now the best reciever in this draft. Unless of course they are just going to trade him or one of the other guys.

V

Vikes got more D and a burner on O. ESPN’s Claytons said that they may now have one of the top 3 D-lines in the league with the addition of James. Williamson is a great run blocker in addition to being a pass catcher. They got exactly what they needed to send this team in the right direction next year.
Grade: A

Gainer - you a Boltz fan too?

With the way players are traded around, I don’t much give a sh!t about the NFL teams. I’m more interested in my Cal kids that got drafted.

Aaron Rodgers going to Green Bay is great. To be mentored by Favre and be on a competitive team will pay off big time down the road.

Alex Smith will be dead in about 3 years if he stays with the Niners … all that turmoil in San Francisco. They have a long way to go. Poor (rich) kid.

JJ Arrington (RB) went to Arizona. Poor kid. As last year’s NCAA leading rusher, he could surprise.

Chase Lyman (WR) went to New Orleans. If that guy can stay healthy and quit breaking legs and knees, he could be awesome. Big, fast, smart, and catches everything.

Matt Giordano (S) went to Indy. Good for him. He’s a hellacious hitter and could have an immediate impact on that terrible defense.

Ryan Riddle (DE) went to Oakland. I hate the Raiders.

Five Cal players overall. We’re proud!

ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!!

BFG

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
;)[/quote]

The Eagles (my team as well) are definitely going back to the super bowl. I just don’t see the NFC stopping them.

I like how Detroit is just a WR camp, like Denver is with RB’s. Although they both have some nasty talent.

watch jj arrington is going to be doing big things in that cards offense

why is it that under achieving cal QBs keep on getting attention with first Bouler and now with Rogers

[quote]lothos wrote:
I’ll give my Cowboys an A, they got the top 2 guys on their board which ain’t too bad. They also picked up a nice RB to back up J. Jones. All in all I suspect Dallas next year to try and pull a “ravens” to win. Basically try to play really mean Defense and then Run, run, run their way to victory in 13-7 contests. All Drew will need to do is not give the game away.[/quote]

Good to see another Cowboys fan!

How 'bout them Cowboys!

[quote]jackzepplin wrote:
lothos wrote:
I’ll give my Cowboys an A, they got the top 2 guys on their board which ain’t too bad. They also picked up a nice RB to back up J. Jones. All in all I suspect Dallas next year to try and pull a “ravens” to win. Basically try to play really mean Defense and then Run, run, run their way to victory in 13-7 contests. All Drew will need to do is not give the game away.

Good to see another Cowboys fan!

How 'bout them Cowboys![/quote]

I named my son Drew five years ago. Now the top two Dallas quarterbacks are named Drew. It’s destiny.

happy with how my Eagles did. I think we addressed our needs defensively and offensively and did well getting Patterson and Reggie Brown! generally some good potential starters.

[quote]veruvius wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:
:wink:

The Eagles (my team as well) are definitely going back to the super bowl. I just don’t see the NFC stopping them.

I like how Detroit is just a WR camp, like Denver is with RB’s. Although they both have some nasty talent.[/quote]

Hell, yeah. Eagles will be back in the superbowl. What we do there is another story. But I got faith.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
As a Bears fan, I give them a B+. They addressed their gigantic offensive needs with Cedric Benson and Kyle Orton. Combine that with the aquisition of Mushin Muhammad and possibly start to turn around their offense.

Da Bears![/quote]

I just hope that the Grossman stays healthy all season so we dont have to go through 5 different QB’s! Cedric Benson was a nice addition him and Jones should rip it up in the next few years. A-Train should be traded.

[quote]BFG wrote:

Alex Smith will be dead in about 3 years if he stays with the Niners … all that turmoil in San Francisco. They have a long way to go. Poor (rich) kid.

BFG[/quote]

I doubt Alex will be a starter for a while. But if he is, he might be slippery enough to avoid death.