T Nation

NFL Draft 2007

You watching this ?

Dolphins, horrible choice.

When MN took Peterson I called my buddy who’s a dolphins fan and he was just ecstattic. I called him IMMEDIATELY after the dolphins picked Ginn. He picked up the phone and screamed WHAT?! What teh hell was that?

anybody have any thoughts on where Quinn will end up now that he’s getting into the teams that already have their franchise quarterbacks ?

–JB

yeah, the Dolphins used their pick on a 5"10 178 pound kick returner.

Well done.

–JB

I really would have bet that Miami would have taken Quinn…

Hes going elsewhere. If not the Cardinals…

St. Louis if he’s lucky…

you really think that they would take Quinn, with Leinart in in his 2nd year ?

i dont think so.

Rams, maybe, i mean i have never liked Bulger, and he’s not that young anymore.

–JB

The browns at 22 wtf?
Stupid Raiders should have traded down like I wanted them to.

Dolphins are complete retards drafting a 170lb WR over a franshice QB.

Who is supposed to throw for them? Culpeper is not going to be ready to go come the regular season. He has said he will not push it again. Sounds to me like he will not be back tell mid year.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

i dont think so.

–JB[/quote]

So Bulger is maybe replaceable? Because you “never liked” him?

Now that he’s brought down his INTs, Bulger is an elite QB (check the stats) and the Rams are very happy with his production.

Shit it was a relief to see Cleveland come out of nowhere to trade that pick with Dallas to get Quinn. I’m not a Quinn fan but it was a pretty cool moment to me

[quote]chillain wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

i dont think so.

–JB

So Bulger is maybe replaceable? Because you “never liked” him?

Now that he’s brought down his INTs, Bulger is an elite QB (check the stats) and the Rams are very happy with his production.

[/quote]

Yes, i never liked him, thats just my opinion, im also a Rex Grossman fan, so its pretty easy to question my sanity.

Wow, cleveland ended up getting Quinn after all, they better hope they have a good season, cuz they hate to end up 2-14 and end up giving away a top 3 pick for last year.

I would really like to see somebody pick up Greg Olson soon, dude is a freak.

–JB

The browns came away nicely in the first round. 2 impact players on both sides of the ball in the first round, very nice.

[quote]A-Town Crown wrote:
The browns came away nicely in the first round. 2 impact players on both sides of the ball in the first round, very nice.[/quote]

Psst Thomas is an offensive tackle.

[quote]SBT wrote:
A-Town Crown wrote:
The browns came away nicely in the first round. 2 impact players on both sides of the ball in the first round, very nice.

Psst Thomas is an offensive tackle.[/quote]

You don’t think an immediate upgrade on the Oline is impact?

Nevermind, I got what you’re saying. I got confused and thought they got Gaines Adams. Sorry, I made a mistake, I’m a little buzzed.

More importantly Joe Thomas is a LEFT offensive tackle.Defenses put their best pass rushers on the right side,which is the left side of the offense and a right-handed quarterbacks blind spot.You put a stud at left tackle and your quarterback will feel a whole lot safer.If Joe makes a good transition into the NFL he’ll make an impact.You just won’t notice it.

I am very happy today. Time will tell with the Browns’ picks, but I think they had a great draft this year - finally!

I wanted them to get Thomas with the #3, but I was ecstatic when I turned on the tube later in the day to see they picked Quinn with the Dallas pick at #22. I’m not at all disappointed that they won’t have a #1 next year, considering they pretty much wasted 6 years of #1 picks.

If nothing else, there will be some optimism going forward.

DB

I’m really happy with picking up Adrian Peterson, but I don’t feel we got significantly better this weekend.

Not a big fan of Brady Quinn. I wasn’t suprised to see him fall. Nothing personal about him, I just don’t think he’s NFL material. He may hang on as a backup, but IMO he’s the 2nd coming of Joey Harrington.

Hey, I could be wrong.

That was one boring draft and again, IMO, one of the least stocked drafts I believe I’ve ever seen. Only 1 top QB, no RB’s, (Peterson is a wait and see to me.) Calvin Johnson…well WR’s have gone early to Detroit and busted. A very blue collar draft if you will.

A woman I know at work thought the draft was great…

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=070429_238_B1_hExBT66480&breadcrumb=Professional

[quote]nramaker wrote:
I’m really happy with picking up Adrian Peterson, but I don’t feel we got significantly better this weekend. [/quote]

Even though we are mortal enemies, I have to agree with you. I don’t feel the Packers got any better with their draft either.

Peterson and Taylor splitting carries should workout well for you guys. It will keep Taylor from being worn down late in the season.

The Packers didn’t draft anyone who could make an immediate impact. Justin Harrell? Come on. WTF?

DT is arguably the deepest position they have right now and they draft another DT? Come on Ted, I’m losing faith in you.

They should have drafted Brady Quinn and dumped Aaron Rodgers. I know Rodgers hasn’t had a chance to prove what he can do, but Brady is going to be a better QB in my opinion.

Besides, they could have drafted Quinn and used him as a bargaining chip.

And why stay at 16 to draft Justin Harrell? Why not drop down a couple of spots? I’m sure he still would have been there.

They should have drafted a Safety with their first pick. Morons.