NFL Diuretic Positive Tests

What do you guys think about all the NFL players that have been testing positive for DIURETICs ??? Its supposed to mask or block steroids from showing up in tests? Seems like they are getting slaps on the wrist, rather than the steroid probe that baseball got? I cant imagine what would happen to the NFL if they actually cracked down on juice. Honestly I feel that 90% of everyone in the NFL does cycles of juice.

My only problem with it is that I think most players today built there career off juice and lack the true fundamentals. Also the trickle affect of youngens following the PROs thus the cycle continues.

While I can see using diuretics in lifting or wrestling, to make weight, the thing that pops out at me is -

Why do these guys need diuretics?

And that’s a serious question - I don’t know if there is a valid reason for them to be using them…

Supposedly…many of these players (larger sized lineman for ex) had clauses in their contract to maintain under a certain weight. This is why some may have sought out the use of diuretics. At least that is the theory behind it.

[quote]Theta1591 wrote:
Supposedly…many of these players (larger sized lineman for ex) had clauses in their contract to maintain under a certain weight. This is why some may have sought out the use of diuretics. At least that is the theory behind it. [/quote]

Probably aren’t allowed a BMI over 25. :wink:

I don’t know who got popped, or what their clauses might say. Makes more sense to me to eat right and do a little blech cardio!

I was under the impression that the diuretics were banned because they make you pee more, supposedly getting the juice out of your system faster. So, if your doing juice and suspect you may be tested, or know about a test, you could wait longer and then use the diuretics to pass the test.