NFL Discussion Thread 2009

Ravens are legit this year. I am a COWBOYS fan and I am not from Korea. Have a little respect for the few fans who have been COWBOYS fans their whole life. Last I checked only one guy controls that team and it sure as hell aint us fans. That being said anyone have any predictions? I will be a homer and go Cowboys and Ravens.

The G men look like they are the team to beat in the NFC, 16 & 3 for the last two seasons on the road and the D is swarming. Now if only we can score in the Goddamned red zone. The offensive coordinator seems to go for the dumbest plays when were in the Red zone. I say keep Eli in the hurry up and let him pick the D apart.

Oh yeah I almost forgot…FUCK DALLAS!! You can stick these Billion Dollar nuts your mouth.

That is all.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Ravens are legit this year. I am a COWBOYS fan and I am not from Korea. Have a little respect for the few fans who have been COWBOYS fans their whole life. Last I checked only one guy controls that team and it sure as hell aint us fans. That being said anyone have any predictions? I will be a homer and go Cowboys and Ravens. [/quote]

I respect the true fans. But I’ve yet to meet one. I only meet people who pick Dallas because of their flashy uniforms, stylish attitude, and cheerleaders.

If I were to ask a “Cowboys fan” who Troy Hambrick was, they wouldn’t even know.

Where are the Broncos fans?

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
Where are the Broncos fans? [/quote]

In hiding.

Going with Vikings and Jets in the Super Bowl. Let that curve ball sink in!

and that the 49ers have the best offensive (Gore) and defensive (Willis) players in the game. (biased opinion)

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I don’t know why you guys got rid of Marty Schottenheimer. The man was a motivator and a good head coach. Norv Turner is a Offensive Coordinator. No more, no less.[/quote]

Strungout explained it nicely: Personality clash between AJ and Marty and AJ won out. The team has been progressively worse each year since Marty left. It was a colossal mistake in my opinion.

[quote]And in defense of LT, he was the only shining light when San Diego was one of the worst teams in the league and Drew Brees was still trash. He’s done too much for this team to be hated on. And yes, I believe his time is up. They should run a 2-back system with LT and Sprioles.

[/quote]

We are trying to have a 2-back system, but LT is on the fucking sidelines 99% of the time. LT was fantastic for years. He is a character guy and it’s hard not to love him. But goddamn, man, sack it up and play the game. Ronnie Lott cut his finger off and played the rest of the game and he has turf toe, a groin injury, or a bum ankle? I am really starting to question the dude’s heart.

I think it’s time to cut ties with LT, sign a bruiser back a la Brandon Jacobs and run a two-back system with some thunder and lightning. We need to focus heavy on the offensive and defensive line. We also need to be smarter with our personnel. How long has it been since LT threw a ball or caught a pass in the flat and sprung for 20 yards? We used to use LT a lot more like we use Sproles now; that is when he was most effective.

I posted this somewhere else, but here are my picks for week 3.

Washington 17 @ Detroit 21 - I think the Lions will finally get their first win in forever. I have a hunch for some reason.

Green Bay 27 @ St. Louis 17 - I think the Pack bounces back after that upsetting home loss. The Rams still suck.

San Francisco 23 @ Minnesota 27 - I like the Niners so far this year and their strength has been running the ball on offense, but i don’t see Gore doing to well against the Vikes D.

Atlanta 30 @ New England 27 - I know the Pats are at home, but i think the Falcons are hot right now and will steal this road win from them.

Tennessee 17 @ NY Jets 14 - This is a tough one to call. The Jets have an improved D while the Titans D has looked really shaky, especially in the secondary. I’m just going to pick the Titans because i think the Jets have a let down after the hyped game against the Pats.

Kansas City 13 @ Philadelphia 24- I don’t think McNabb will play again, but Kolb will do pretty good and i expect to see Vick in there on certain plays. I just don’t think the Chiefs are that good right now.

NY Giants 31 @ Tampa Bay 17- The Giants proved they don’t need big name receivers to win and Eli has looked good so far. I think Leftwich is going to have trouble and turn the ball over too many times.

Cleveland 16 @ Baltimore 27- The Ravens proved their offense is much improved this year, especially Flacco. The Browns not so much.

Jacksonville 17 @ Houson 27 - Schaub proved he can air it out to Johnson with no problems. I see them rolling on against a subpar Jax team.

New Orleans 27 @ Buffalo 24 - Another game that should be close here. The Bills should have two wins if it weren’t for that fumble against the Pats. The Saints have been airing it out like crazy. I think Brees doesn’t play as good as his previous two games, but still good enough to win.

Chicago 27 @ Seattle 14 - With Hassleback most likely out, the Seahawks offense will struggle. I expect Chicago play another tough game for the win.

Miami 24 @ San Diego 31 - Another game that should be really close. The Phins have proved they can run the ball and the Chargers D has looked soft. I haven’t heard anything yet, but i think the Charger players that didn’t play last week won’t play again this week. I think Rivers will shine though and the Chargers should win this at home.

Pittsburgh 20 @ Cincinnati 17 - I think this will be a tough defensive game that will go down to the last second. I see the super bowl champs bouncing back after last week though.

Denver 13 @ Oakland 17 - This is another tough division game where both teams truly hate each other. I think the Raiders pull off the win even though their QB is way too inconsistent.

Indy 31 @ Arizona 24 - This could be a fun high scoring affair. Something tells me that Indy’s D will rough up Warner and throw him off rhythm.

Carolina 20 @ Dallas 31 - I expect the Cowboys to bounce back after they should have won that game last Sunday after being dominating on the ground. I know Marion Barber will be most likely out, but they still have Tashard Choice and Felix Jones. I expect Romo to have a better game.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

Washington 17 @ Detroit 21 - I think the Lions will finally get their first win in forever. I have a hunch for some reason.

Green Bay 27 @ St. Louis 17 - I think the Pack bounces back after that upsetting home loss. The Rams still suck.

San Francisco 23 @ Minnesota 27 - I like the Niners so far this year and their strength has been running the ball on offense, but i don’t see Gore doing to well against the Vikes D.

Atlanta 30 @ New England 27 - I know the Pats are at home, but i think the Falcons are hot right now and will steal this road win from them.

Tennessee 17 @ NY Jets 14 - This is a tough one to call. The Jets have an improved D while the Titans D has looked really shaky, especially in the secondary. I’m just going to pick the Titans because i think the Jets have a let down after the hyped game against the Pats.

Kansas City 13 @ Philadelphia 24- I don’t think McNabb will play again, but Kolb will do pretty good and i expect to see Vick in there on certain plays. I just don’t think the Chiefs are that good right now.

NY Giants 31 @ Tampa Bay 17- The Giants proved they don’t need big name receivers to win and Eli has looked good so far. I think Leftwich is going to have trouble and turn the ball over too many times.

Cleveland 16 @ Baltimore 27- The Ravens proved their offense is much improved this year, especially Flacco. The Browns not so much.

Jacksonville 17 @ Houson 27 - Schaub proved he can air it out to Johnson with no problems. I see them rolling on against a subpar Jax team.

New Orleans 27 @ Buffalo 24 - Another game that should be close here. The Bills should have two wins if it weren’t for that fumble against the Pats. The Saints have been airing it out like crazy. I think Brees doesn’t play as good as his previous two games, but still good enough to win.

Chicago 27 @ Seattle 14 - With Hassleback most likely out, the Seahawks offense will struggle. I expect Chicago play another tough game for the win.

Miami 24 @ San Diego 31 - Another game that should be really close. The Phins have proved they can run the ball and the Chargers D has looked soft. I haven’t heard anything yet, but i think the Charger players that didn’t play last week won’t play again this week. I think Rivers will shine though and the Chargers should win this at home.

Pittsburgh 20 @ Cincinnati 17 - I think this will be a tough defensive game that will go down to the last second. I see the super bowl champs bouncing back after last week though.

Denver 13 @ Oakland 17 - This is another tough division game where both teams truly hate each other. I think the Raiders pull off the win even though their QB is way too inconsistent.

Indy 31 @ Arizona 24 - This could be a fun high scoring affair. Something tells me that Indy’s D will rough up Warner and throw him off rhythm.

Carolina 20 @ Dallas 31 - I expect the Cowboys to bounce back after they should have won that game last Sunday after being dominating on the ground. I know Marion Barber will be most likely out, but they still have Tashard Choice and Felix Jones. I expect Romo to have a better game.[/quote]

Wow, solid picks. I agree with the picks and the scores. I think you might have led with your heart on the Chargers pick, though. After the MNF game, I have a bad feeling about the Dolphins.

BUMP

I respect the true fans. But I’ve yet to meet one. I only meet people who pick Dallas because of their flashy uniforms, stylish attitude, and cheerleaders.

If I were to ask a “Cowboys fan” who Troy Hambrick was, they wouldn’t even know.

Yes I do and I did not believe he could hold Emmit’s jock. Man was it me or did he look like the Geico Caveman?

[quote]eic wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
I don’t know why you guys got rid of Marty Schottenheimer. The man was a motivator and a good head coach. Norv Turner is a Offensive Coordinator. No more, no less.

Strungout explained it nicely: Personality clash between AJ and Marty and AJ won out. The team has been progressively worse each year since Marty left. It was a colossal mistake in my opinion.

And in defense of LT, he was the only shining light when San Diego was one of the worst teams in the league and Drew Brees was still trash. He’s done too much for this team to be hated on. And yes, I believe his time is up. They should run a 2-back system with LT and Sprioles.

We are trying to have a 2-back system, but LT is on the fucking sidelines 99% of the time. LT was fantastic for years. He is a character guy and it’s hard not to love him. But goddamn, man, sack it up and play the game. Ronnie Lott cut his finger off and played the rest of the game and he has turf toe, a groin injury, or a bum ankle? I am really starting to question the dude’s heart.

I think it’s time to cut ties with LT, sign a bruiser back a la Brandon Jacobs and run a two-back system with some thunder and lightning. We need to focus heavy on the offensive and defensive line. We also need to be smarter with our personnel. How long has it been since LT threw a ball or caught a pass in the flat and sprung for 20 yards? We used to use LT a lot more like we use Sproles now; that is when he was most effective. [/quote]

I’d much rather have LT at full strength then LT at half strength.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Yes I do and I did not believe he could hold Emmit’s jock. Man was it me or did he look like the Geico Caveman?
[/quote]

I think he’s in jail now for drug trafficking. He did something stupid recently.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

Carolina 20 @ Dallas 31 - I expect the Cowboys to bounce back after they should have won that game last Sunday after being dominating on the ground. I know Marion Barber will be most likely out, but they still have Tashard Choice and Felix Jones. I expect Romo to have a better game.[/quote]

As a Skins fan I am genuinely scared of Detroit. After Sundays preformance I think it’s gonna be a real nail-biter; Skins win 6-3.

Wow. Dude daffy wacking is fucking distracting.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

and that the 49ers have the best offensive (Gore) and defensive (Willis) players in the game. (biased opinion)[/quote]

Are you out of your mind? PS The 49’rs beating the hapless SeaChickens proves little. And you will eat your words on Brady, trust me

[quote]cromwell2007 wrote:
WestCoast7 wrote:

and that the 49ers have the best offensive (Gore) and defensive (Willis) players in the game. (biased opinion)

Are you out of your mind? PS The 49’rs beating the hapless SeaChickens proves little. And you will eat your words on Brady, trust me[/quote]

That’s what I like to hear! Finally got some fires burning. I agree that the 49ers will have a tough test in Minnesota, but they can pull it out (note they held AP to 3 yards last time they player, 3 YARDS). Love to hate Brady, and he looks very uncomfortable, I’d be happy if he stays that way.

Lions get there first win this weekend.

I have to say Kolb really changed my opinion about him. He went 391 yards 2td and 3ints (2 of which came in the last 5 minutes) He played with pressure in his face the whole entire game and really had no help from none of his players. Our running game didn’t do shit for him, our D played like ass and our receivers were dropping passes and not making big plays.

I think he’s really gonna be the feature of our offense. I’ve also heard rumors one of the reasons we picked up Vick was to teach Kolb how to work outside/inside of the pocket because Kolb is a mobile QB.

I agree with most of what’s been said about the Chargers. They’re my team, but the DL looks more like a revolving door than a wall, the OL can’t open up holes for their running backs or protect the QB, and we should’ve kept a bruiser like Turner that could open his own holes when the OL fails to do their job. As much as I’d like to see the Chargers do well, I think there’s too much for them to fix to have a successful season, and when you factor in their injuries, there’s little hope. At least they play interesting games, but they’ve shown that that’s not enough to succeed in the playoffs.

Bert Favra FTW