NFL 2013

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Crazy stat I heard today. Russel Wilson was the number 2 selling Jersey last year. [/quote]
Who was number 1, Kaepernick?

I know those two QBs will get a lot of comparisons because they are young and division rivals, but did anybody see them in the ESPYs last week? Wilson was dressed up in a really nice suit and made himself look really presentable, really mature. Kaepernick was wearing what looked like jeans with some huge colorful sneakers. I honestly thought he looked like a clown up there. Maybe i’m old fashioned but show some class like your fellow division rival Wilson.

What team is everybody most excited to watch this year? I’m really interested in the Eagles and how Chip Kellys system is going to work in the NFL.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Crazy stat I heard today. Russel Wilson was the number 2 selling Jersey last year. [/quote]

I know those two QBs will get a lot of comparisons because they are young and division rivals, but did anybody see them in the ESPYs last week? Wilson was dressed up in a really nice suit and made himself look really presentable, really mature. Kaepernick was wearing what looked like jeans with some huge colorful sneakers. I honestly thought he looked like a clown up there. Maybe i’m old fashioned but show some class like your fellow division rival Wilson.[/quote]
I could have sworn it was RG3 and I think Kaepernick is # selling jersey now.

What team is everybody most excited to watch this year? I’m really interested in the Eagles and how Chip Kellys system is going to work in the NFL.[/quote]
The Cowboys, They finally paid Romo his money and I think he’ll get it done. He even said he played less golf and was putting in Peyton Manning like hours in on football.

Kap #1
Wilson #2
RG3 #3

The most intellgent repsonse I heard in defense of RW is that he isnt polarizing or colorful. He is undersized, clean, presentable, small market etc. Basically the everyman can related to him. Interesting stuff. Even more interesting is that Luck is selling less jerseys than Urlacher… wa???

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Kap #1
Wilson #2
RG3 #3

The most intellgent repsonse I heard in defense of RW is that he isnt polarizing or colorful. He is undersized, clean, presentable, small market etc. Basically the everyman can related to him. Interesting stuff. Even more interesting is that Luck is selling less jerseys than Urlacher… wa???[/quote]
You don’t see Wilson or Luck getting talked about or anything close to the media attention that KAP and RG3 get alot of people seem to forget the Colts went from being a 2-14 team to 11-5 and making the playoffs.

HTTR - HTTR - HTTR

HTTR - HTTR - HTTR

HTTR - HTTR - HTTR

HTTR - HTTR - HTTR

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
I’m hoping Smith makes a comeback this year to show the 49er’s they were douches for pulling him. I know he is more of a game manager but I feel for the guy. I want to see the Sea Hawks make a run again they are very entertaining to watch. Also the packers are always one of my go to choices of going far.

Being a Jets fan, this year will suck ass for my team, no great receivers and really holey offensive line. Interested in seeing Landry’s bro play to see if he’s any good. My take on the cowboy’s is that they need to send romo to a shit team and get draft picks. I think he has the reverse Tebow effect, in where he plays great until the 4th Qtr. Not hating I liked the cowboys in the Aikman era, at least Jones sn’t as stupid as the Raider’s former owner lol.

Also the Texans or Bengals would be nice to see in the Superbowl. More then likely will be 49er’s hard to say for the other conference.[/quote]

The jets have potentially improved their oline with the signing of willie colon and drafting two highly touted olinemen. The jets defense ironically even with losing revis will have an impressive defense with a distinct possibility of a real conventional pass rush. The offensive skill position is the obvious problem. However chris ivory has a chance to be an excellent difference making back and goodson if not in jail is a good change of pace back. A 500 record is not out of the question imo but in the long run will not be beneficual

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
I’m hoping Smith makes a comeback this year to show the 49er’s they were douches for pulling him. I know he is more of a game manager but I feel for the guy. I want to see the Sea Hawks make a run again they are very entertaining to watch. Also the packers are always one of my go to choices of going far.

Being a Jets fan, this year will suck ass for my team, no great receivers and really holey offensive line. Interested in seeing Landry’s bro play to see if he’s any good. My take on the cowboy’s is that they need to send romo to a shit team and get draft picks. I think he has the reverse Tebow effect, in where he plays great until the 4th Qtr. Not hating I liked the cowboys in the Aikman era, at least Jones sn’t as stupid as the Raider’s former owner lol.

Also the Texans or Bengals would be nice to see in the Superbowl. More then likely will be 49er’s hard to say for the other conference.[/quote]

The jets have potentially improved their oline with the signing of willie colon and drafting two highly touted olinemen. The jets defense ironically even with losing revis will have an impressive defense with a distinct possibility of a real conventional pass rush. The offensive skill position is the obvious problem. However chris ivory has a chance to be an excellent difference making back and goodson if not in jail is a good change of pace back. A 500 record is not out of the question imo but in the long run will not be beneficual[/quote]

Pats have no healthy receivers, unproven run game, and a D that may be bottom 5 or top 5, who knows.

Bills have a rookie QB, and Dolphins have a second year guy with some question marks.

If the Jets can score 20-24 points in all their division games that could net them 4-5 wins without even stretching just from in the division.

I still think the Jets will be better than most people project.

Is WestCoast gonna make a fantasy thread soon? If not someone should. :stuck_out_tongue: Or is it too early?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:

The jets have potentially improved their oline with the signing of willie colon and drafting two highly touted olinemen. The jets defense ironically even with losing revis will have an impressive defense with a distinct possibility of a real conventional pass rush. The offensive skill position is the obvious problem. However chris ivory has a chance to be an excellent difference making back and goodson if not in jail is a good change of pace back. A 500 record is not out of the question imo but in the long run will not be beneficual[/quote]

Pats have no healthy receivers, unproven run game, and a D that may be bottom 5 or top 5, who knows.

Bills have a rookie QB, and Dolphins have a second year guy with some question marks.

If the Jets can score 20-24 points in all their division games that could net them 4-5 wins without even stretching just from in the division.

I still think the Jets will be better than most people project. [/quote]

I say the Jets will be fighting to stay out of last place with the bills. The pats have a few rookie WR that I really think they could develop the combination of Ridley and Vereen will be pretty good. The big ? are Gronk and Amendola who will both be good if they can stay healthy.

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Kap #1
Wilson #2
RG3 #3

The most intellgent repsonse I heard in defense of RW is that he isnt polarizing or colorful. He is undersized, clean, presentable, small market etc. Basically the everyman can related to him. Interesting stuff. Even more interesting is that Luck is selling less jerseys than Urlacher… wa???[/quote]
You don’t see Wilson or Luck getting talked about or anything close to the media attention that KAP and RG3 get alot of people seem to forget the Colts went from being a 2-14 team to 11-5 and making the playoffs.[/quote]
Flip says that not possible to turn a team around.

Just fucking with you flip :slight_smile:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Is WestCoast gonna make a fantasy thread soon? If not someone should. :stuck_out_tongue: Or is it too early?[/quote]
Working on it check G+ I started a thread there

I say the Jets will be fighting to stay out of last place with the bills. The pats have a few rookie WR that I really think they could develop the combination of Ridley and Vereen will be pretty good. The big ? are Gronk and Amendola who will both be good if they can stay healthy. [/quote]

If, and that is a big IF, the rookies can pick up the Brady system then they could go deep in the playoffs. Point blank as long as Brady is healthy and has only lost 2-3 yards off his long range passes, the Pats should make a decent playoff run, seeing as how much better the D was in the second half of the season after the Tawlib (sp, I don’t care enough) pickup.

That said, I have many more doubts than others, about how well they will do. I’m thinking the division shakes out: Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Bills.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Smart money is on the 49ers. How often does a team make the NFC Championship 3 years in a row though? [/quote]

Niners and Cowboys used to do it all the time.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Is WestCoast gonna make a fantasy thread soon? If not someone should. :stuck_out_tongue: Or is it too early?[/quote]
Working on it check G+ I started a thread there[/quote]
yessir.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:

Where the FUCK do you get off calling the Niners douches for pulling him? Last I checked the team was called the San Francisco 49ers, not the Alex Smiths. Kaepernick OBVIOUSLY gave the Niners a better chance to win, and that point isn’t even open for debate. Harbaugh’s loyalty is to the team as a whole, not Smith. He did what was best for the team. It wasn’t what was best for Alex Smith, but hey, that’s life.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

I know those two QBs will get a lot of comparisons because they are young and division rivals, but did anybody see them in the ESPYs last week? Wilson was dressed up in a really nice suit and made himself look really presentable, really mature. Kaepernick was wearing what looked like jeans with some huge colorful sneakers. I honestly thought he looked like a clown up there. Maybe i’m old fashioned but show some class like your fellow division rival Wilson.[/quote]

It’s the fucking ESPYs, not the Oscars. They’re about at least a step-and-a-half below the MTV Euro Music Awards.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Looks like Denver will probably lose Von Miller for 4 games unless his appeal overturns it for some reason.[/quote]
Their team is stacked tho and barring injuries will win 12-14 games this year regardless.[/quote]

Manning will go out the same way Favre did. [/quote]

What, slowly, reluctantly and increasingly overrated?

Everybody seems to be jumping on the Seahawks’ bandwagon again this year, but I don’t think it’s going to happen for them. They went 11-5 last year. 8-0 at home and only 3-5 on the road. Things can only go down at home for them this year. It’s virtually impossible to go 16-0 at home over two years. Their road record is likely to remain about the same, though. They have an extremely tough schedule, not the cupcake one they had last year. They play several 10am PST games on the East Coast, which are always tough for West Coast teams. And they play them against some quality teams who play well at home.

I’m also not sold on Russell Wilson. Kaepernick is the prototypical QB; Wilson is not. I expect him to play well, but not really improve on last season’s performance. I think they’ll go 9-7, maybe sneak into the playoffs as a #6 seed and get bounced in one game.