NFL 2013 Part 2

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Say goodnight…a team with a rookie qb, top offensive receiver out, top draft pick out, using a wide out they just signed of the street came in and shot a load in the falcons eye…paper tigers…[/quote]
Okay Matty, I got to see a little of the game last night. But not enough to make a judgement on Geno or the Jets O

Is he going to be something to build a team around?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Say goodnight…a team with a rookie qb, top offensive receiver out, top draft pick out, using a wide out they just signed of the street came in and shot a load in the falcons eye…paper tigers…[/quote]
Okay Matty, I got to see a little of the game last night. But not enough to make a judgement on Geno or the Jets O

Is he going to be something to build a team around? [/quote]

I agree, shit 5 games isn’t enough to tell if you should build around a young QB. However 4 out of the 5 games he has played I have seen enough in him that gives me promise. Yes he has INT and turnovers, but ironically enough there was a pretty big name mentioned in the game on Monday that had just as many turnovers to this point in his rookie season, and no I do not think he will ever be as good as that QB mentioned.

If you were not impressed with Smith on Monday, you are either an idiot fan of the other team that refuses to give credit when its due and/or a hater of the NY Jets. For a rookie QB coming off a for all intents and purposes Woeful game the week prior, facing a team that had some shitheads picking them to go to the superbowl, that had to win, that as many paper tiger teams are, good at home, on a Monday night you just don’t know anything about professional football.

I was well aware that Matt Ryan was gonna take his shit team on his back and stage a comeback…I believe he is underrated and is right below the Brees, Brady, Peyton trifecta. For Smith to take his, underwhelming offensive right after and seamlessly plug them into makeable FG territory is very impressive. The TD pass to TE Cumberland was a thing of beauty. I like that Smith is NOT a scrambling QB but CAN use his feet if need be (PX Caps for emphasis).

Like I said its a fickle town I live in, week by week attitudes change, but not me I understand that there will be plenty of bumps in the road this year for the Jets, but pushovers they are not and they have proved it thus far.

I am not a fan of Rex I never was a fan of his style, but he has toned it down tremendously this year, to the point where he is a shell of his former blowhard self. He gushed about the Falcons after the game, something that wouldnt happen in years prior.

TLDR - Its still too early, but from what I have seen from Smith I am optimistic.

^ Agreed!

The one thing that Geno has going for him is Marty. The fact that they ran for 21 & passed for 23 makes life a little easier on Geno. Bilal is doing one hell’uva job & the O line is starting to gel a bit even w/Winters getting his first start. Having David Lee there as a very quiet QB coach is of tremendous help too.

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

The one thing that Geno has going for him is Marty. The fact that they ran for 21 & passed for 23 makes life a little easier on Geno. Bilal is doing one hell’uva job & the O line is starting to gel a bit even w/Winters getting his first start. Having David Lee there as a very quiet QB coach is of tremendous help too.[/quote]

Yessir! With Goodson and Ivory healthy, it may be a strong RBBC that teams will have to play for.

I love it when you call me Marty

What are the chances that the Falcons trade Gonzales back to KC (his original team) since the falcons season is over and to give Vonzales a shot at playing for a good team during his final season?

They released a statement claiming they have no plans of trading him. It all depends on who they get in return, more then likely they will want a high draft pick for him, but it would make sense to let him try and win with another team. KC, patriots would be a good fit.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

The one thing that Geno has going for him is Marty. The fact that they ran for 21 & passed for 23 makes life a little easier on Geno. Bilal is doing one hell’uva job & the O line is starting to gel a bit even w/Winters getting his first start. Having David Lee there as a very quiet QB coach is of tremendous help too.[/quote]

Yessir! With Goodson and Ivory healthy, it may be a strong RBBC that teams will have to play for.

I love it when you call me Marty[/quote]

I can’t wait to see Goodson once he’s in football condition! That is just dead breakaway speed. If they manage to not go balls out on the passing game, they’ll be just as competitive as anyone in the league.

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

I can’t wait to see Goodson once he’s in football condition! That is just dead breakaway speed. If they manage to not go balls out on the passing game, they’ll be just as competitive as anyone in the league.

[/quote]

Im thinking (hoping) Mornihweg is smarter than that…the idea of a close to 50-50 split run to pass would be Idea for this team.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

[/quote]

Im thinking (hoping) Mornihweg is smarter than that…the idea of a close to 50-50 split run to pass would be Idea for this team.[/quote]

You know if Rex has any input, they will RUN. I also feel pretty good about not having Holmes around. Gotta bunch of young guys who don’t need to be poisoned. Let’s just hope Winslow doesn’t blow it up w/attitude.

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

[/quote]

Im thinking (hoping) Mornihweg is smarter than that…the idea of a close to 50-50 split run to pass would be Idea for this team.[/quote]

You know if Rex has any input, they will RUN. I also feel pretty good about not having Holmes around. Gotta bunch of young guys who don’t need to be poisoned. Let’s just hope Winslow doesn’t blow it up w/attitude.[/quote]

Totally agree, Winslow should STFU and be happy that he is on a team, one that is winning, it is a bad reflection on him.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

[/quote]

You know if Rex has any input, they will RUN. I also feel pretty good about not having Holmes around. Gotta bunch of young guys who don’t need to be poisoned. Let’s just hope Winslow doesn’t blow it up w/attitude.[/quote]

Totally agree, Winslow should STFU and be happy that he is on a team, one that is winning, it is a bad reflection on him.[/quote]

I like Cumberland a lot! Idzik could make a loud statement if he cut Winslow. Let the team know, not one man stands alone.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
They released a statement claiming they have no plans of trading him. It all depends on who they get in return, more then likely they will want a high draft pick for him, but it would make sense to let him try and win with another team. KC, patriots would be a good fit.[/quote]

That’s really unlikely. It’s his final year, we would not get a high pick for him and he would likely retire on the spot if ATL tried to trade him. I don’t really see any trades happening. Free agent signing possibly, but not a trade.

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

[/quote]

Totally agree, Winslow should STFU and be happy that he is on a team, one that is winning, it is a bad reflection on him.[/quote]

I like Cumberland a lot! Idzik could make a loud statement if he cut Winslow. Let the team know, not one man stands alone.[/quote]

I hope you and Matty aren’t sweating this weeks game against Pittsburgh, talk about ripe for the picking.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ Agreed!

[/quote]

I like Cumberland a lot! Idzik could make a loud statement if he cut Winslow. Let the team know, not one man stands alone.[/quote]

I hope you and Matty aren’t sweating this weeks game against Pittsburgh, talk about ripe for the picking.
[/quote]

I always sweat when it comes to the Stillers. After that AFC championship game… I feel jinxed. The one thing that bothers me is Pitt coming off of a bye & us on short short notice. The saving grace is at least it’s in NY.

Was just listening to Mike and Mike and they were talking about how the NFL had to call the Houston police because fans showed up at Matt Schaub’s house to berate him for his play. People need to chill the fuck out. Its a game. I feel like bringing his family into it is also unnecessary.

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:
Was just listening to Mike and Mike and they were talking about how the NFL had to call the Houston police because fans showed up at Matt Schaub’s house to berate him for his play. People need to chill the fuck out. Its a game. I feel like bringing his family into it is also unnecessary. [/quote]

He lives in Texas tho…

You don’t fuck with football in Texas.

Houston police just said that is an innaccurate report- 1 unidentified man was seen outside taking pictures of the residence and police were not called

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
Houston police just said that is an innaccurate report- 1 unidentified man was seen outside taking pictures of the residence and police were not called[/quote]

Yeah I just saw that the Houston Police pretty much said the report was bullshit. I was going off the assumption that NFL vice president of security Jeff Miller wouldn’t lie/not get all the facts about the matter. I guess I put too much faith in the NFL.

I want the fucking update on Julio Jones 2nd opinion god damnt. My fantasy future relies upon it!

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I want the fucking update on Julio Jones 2nd opinion god damnt. My fantasy future relies upon it![/quote]

Not looking good chap