Next Seminar and Gym Information

What up T-Folk? I was wondering when the nice folks of Biotest were planning on having another seminar? I live in Tennessee and would like to attend one of some kind. Also does anyone know of any gyms in the Murfreesboro area? Thanks for any info. Train Smart.

Hey I’m in murfreesboro too! There is a gym in smyrna, South Eastern Health and Fitness, that I used to train at, but now I train in Nashville. Other than the “Y” I’m not aware of gyms in the 'boro.

Hey Yall, I am in Brentwood, TN. Lot of great places to work out here. ABout 3 really good Ys, a Premier Fitness, and a Wolrd Gym. Grab the yellow pages, I would bet that there is a World Gym or Golds Gym in M’boro. I know there is a place called the SportsComplex, or Sports Plex in M’boro that is like a really nice Y. I am sure you can find some place.

I lived in Brentwood when I was a kid. Hey, where did you guys go to highschool? I went to Page (it sucked).

I have lived in Brentwood/Franklin since i was 11. I went to Father Ryan High School.

I actually just moved to the boro. Going to MTSU in pursuit of a Exercise Science major with a minor in nutrition. I prefer the smaller gyms with less people. It could just be me but everyone I encounter seems to be an expert in the field, which can get a bit annoying. I want somewhere I can be left alone and train. Glad to hear there are some T-Folk in good ole Tennessee. Train Smart and Stay away from the “down home” cookin’. ; )

South eastern health and fitness may be what you are looking for. The free weights and the aerobics are very well seperated and very few women will dare to venture to the free weight section. The guys back there blare whatever hardcore music they want, and the aerobic chicks can’t even hear it from their treadmills. The don’t have much fancy stuff, and in many ways I miss that place. The staff and the owner are a bit of a joke, but they have lots of benches and free weights. They even have 100 lb plates, something my new gym doesn’t have. Check them out, they are undergroud underneith an old carmike cinema. They are near the Toot’s restaurant in the 'boro - I think I accidentally said Smyrna before.

South eastern health and fitness may be what you are looking for. The free weights and the aerobics are very well seperated and very few women will dare to venture to the free weight section. The guys back there blare whatever hardcore music they want, and the aerobic chicks can’t even hear it from their treadmills. The don’t have much fancy stuff, and in many ways I miss that place. The staff and the owner are a bit of a joke, but they have lots of benches and free weights. They even have 100 lb plates, something my new gym doesn’t have. Check them out, they are undergroud underneith an old carmike cinema. They are near the Toot’s restaurant in the 'boro - I think I accidentally said Smyrna before.

Thanks Ironbabe for the info. I am starting posting under my real name because GROWR just kinda sounded goofy. That sounds like my kinda place, I started lifting a couple years ago. I was 17 years old, 6’0 and weighed around 130 lbs. I train for size but still keep the functional/relative strength aspect in mind. Currently I am 6’1 and weigh around 172 (Estimated 12% BF) I take my training seriously and I’d like to find a gym that would at least take it half as serious as I do. Train Smart.

Hey, I train at the Y in Green Hills. They have a pretty good free weight area.

Then it becomes a deadlift with a hang clean.