T Nation

Newspeak - Learn to Love Big Brother

1 Like

Not sure what you are getting at Z?

From the article, I have an issue with calling certain things privilege. Not getting beat by police isn’t a privilege, it is what is to be expected. I think it would be more fruitful to focus on fixing things that are clearly wrong, but I don’t think it is necessary or intellectually honest to assign an oppressor (which using words like privileged does) that wasn’t involved in the first place.

1 Like

The language that is used and the new meanings attached to words. You have to learn this new way of speaking. Then you have the self dehumanization as you must define yourself by labels. You are no longer you but the sum of your privilege. And privilege ends up implying evil which further implies that the person with privilege is evil… until he recognizes that. Then they are on the path to redemption. It’s cult like thinking.

3 Likes

That is the conclusion I came to as well. That doesn’t mean I don’t think we have issues to address, just that we should focus our energy on that, not creating oppressors of non involved individuals.

1 Like

When your enemies are too strong, you create weaker ones.

3 Likes