News on CroCop

[quote]tora no’ shi wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
If there is a HWGP this year, I hope he is there and is in top form, cause I want to see Fedor vs CroCop 2(if CroCop shows up with his game face on).

3…not that it really matters but i believe they already fought twice…the first time back in '05(Mirko lost)[/quote]

No, they only fought once, at Final Countdown 2005. Seriously now, it takes about 30 seconds to look up someone’s record. There’s so many posts on here where people talk about things as fact when they are just pulling stuff out of the air.

[quote]tora no’ shi wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
If there is a HWGP this year, I hope he is there and is in top form, cause I want to see Fedor vs CroCop 2(if CroCop shows up with his game face on).

3…not that it really matters but i believe they already fought twice…the first time back in '05(Mirko lost)[/quote]

No, only once. He has Fought Josh Barnett three times though.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
mr_slick wrote:
So is Crocops everybodies Hero around here?

Hero is an over used word, but Mirko is about as admirable figure as you can find in professional sports. He lost his father at a young age, was dirt poor, and started training in his uncle’s sawmill with weights he made himself.

He grew up to be a police officer, special forces soldier, an amateur boxer, an elite professional kick boxer, an elite MMA fighter, an elected member of Croatian parliament, and he is raising a family all the while. He’s only 32 and he’s accomplished far more in his life than any of us could reasonably hope to.

I think Mirko is loved because he over comes these bumps in his career. He’s a man familiar with adversity who doesn’t just slip away, he comes back stronger each time.[/quote]

CroCop is on my short list of people entitled to be arrogant with no consequences (ala TC’s article). He is a very interesting character. And has legs like tree trunks.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
No, they only fought once, at Final Countdown 2005. Seriously now, it takes about 30 seconds to look up someone’s record. There’s so many posts on here where people talk about things as fact when they are just pulling stuff out of the air.[/quote]

LOL. Man, how many times has this happened in just the past week? What’s worse is that it’s a cluelessness about basic facts. Shit, go to Wikipedia or something before posting.

When people who can’t even get simple facts right start giving “analysis” and “opinions,” I get a nice belly laugh.