Newish. Freaking Out a Little

Lots of harshness here, if this is a sincere post.

I think you just launched into too much without much of an introduction is all, Melanie23. Hard to know where to start in addressing your questions/concerns.

[quote]melanieamber12 wrote:
oh and I like snow girls response.[/quote]

yup me too.
and CBear’s too, but I think if your gonna bring up SIDS, you should at least throw in a dead baby joke.

Whats better than ten dead babies in ten trash cans?..

Whats better than ten dead babies in ten trash cans?..[/quote]

hehe ok, I’ll bite, what’s better

eleven dead babies in eleven trash cans?

One dead baby in ten trash cans!!!
DUH

Do I look like a cat meow? AM I drinking milk out of a saucer? Hoppin’ around all nimly bimbly from tree to tree…

Do I look like a cat meow? AM I drinking milk out of a saucer? Hoppin’ around all nimly bimbly from tree to tree…[/quote]

lol! You two Rock My Face with your Super Trooper quotes! I love it! Right up there with Spaceballs, Revenge of the Nerds, and Porky’s. :slight_smile:

[quote]Frzn_Arctc wrote:

Do I look like a cat meow? AM I drinking milk out of a saucer? Hoppin’ around all nimly bimbly from tree to tree…[/quote]

lol! You two Rock My Face with your Super Trooper quotes! I love it! Right up there with Spaceballs, Revenge of the Nerds, and Porky’s. :slight_smile: [/quote]

what i actually said was yeah, sure, sir…

why did this happen?

OP sorry you got bashed about. I hope you got some of your answers. I also hope if you aren’t a troll you come back and make some good progress.

what is funny is if it had been males bashing the OP the mods would have censored their posts.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

why did this happen?

OP sorry you got bashed about. I hope you got some of your answers. I also hope if you aren’t a troll you come back and make some good progress.

what is funny is if it had been males bashing the OP the mods would have censored their posts.[/quote]

I agree. In a forum otherwise populated by endless, samey personal logs (why aren’t these conducted in private, in the users’ hub?) why is there so much essentially unhelpful and useless piss-taking, when I would have thought that a little ‘difference’ would be welcomed, not derided.

This thread is worse than some of the steroid sections’ ones and that is pretty much renowned for its derisory antics.

BBB[/quote]

Bushy, we do our logs here to basically make them easier for other women to find. Our logs are not linked onto our hubs because they are not in the Training Logs forum. For me, this was an intentional decision so I could be more visible to other women, rather than lost in the pages and pages of logs over in Training Logs. My Hub rarely loads anyway, so using it as the primary access to my log would make the log virtually useless.

It seems a hazing practice at times here to bash newbies. I don’t care for it, personally, and think it shows a real lack of class.

Have figured that I wasn’t getting enough recovery time in for all the volume and intensity increases I’ve been doing. Could do it for a while when the gains were mostly neural but need to realize that I can’t continue on like that forever. Got panicky. Then sick. Then hurt my lower back (don’t increase both intensity and volume at the same time, I learn, and don’t max deadlifts too often anyways). Sigh.

Taking things a bit easier at the moment while my lower back recovers. Mood is starting to get better (though frustration at not being able to train ‘properly’). Sleep is starting to get better. Being more careful to eat more frequently etc. Sex drive only really unbearable when I’m ovulating and not so bad at other times… Irritability / frustration getting better anyway… Will get there, I reckon. Anyway… Not sure what else to say. Thanks.

High sex drive? Irritability? Frustration when you can’t lift? Welcome to my world. This is normal (or, at least, as close to normal as we get around here.)

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

why did this happen?

what is funny is if it had been males bashing the OP the mods would have censored their posts.[/quote]

I agree. In a forum otherwise populated by endless, samey personal logs (why aren’t these conducted in private, in the users’ hub?) why is there so much essentially unhelpful and useless piss-taking, when I would have thought that a little ‘difference’ would be welcomed, not derided.

This thread is worse than some of the steroid sections’ ones and that is pretty much renowned for its derisory antics.

BBB[/quote]

Bushy, we do our logs here to basically make them easier for other women to find. Our logs are not linked onto our hubs because they are not in the Training Logs forum. For me, this was an intentional decision so I could be more visible to other women, rather than lost in the pages and pages of logs over in Training Logs. My Hub rarely loads anyway, so using it as the primary access to my log would make the log virtually useless.[/quote]

Fair point about the logs, though I note you make no comment on the piss-taking.

BBB[/quote]

Well, I was responding to your comment, not OG’s, but I’ve been a piss taker in the past. I’ve been a bitch without justification. Not usually in this forum, but in other ones when a new female shows up, I’m (still) generally skeptical and not overly friendly. At this point rather than being a bitch, I just ignore people until they do something that shows positively on my radar.

I know that the hard bad-ass negative attitude that has been shown in this thread in particular has turned some very good lifters off from this site. I don’t like that, so I try to avoid it (unless it’s really clear that the individual is a troll, or needs to be put in his/her place). I’m not willing to lose a valuable contributor just to show how bad I am. I let my missed lifts show how bad I am.

Some of the comments are funny, don’t get me wrong, but I work hard to ensure PW is not a joke.

Overtraining can certainly take its toll, Melanie 23. I’ve learned that the hard way over the years.

Lap up the high sex drive. It won’t be around forever. Irritability. You could have a chemical imbalance. While I don’t advocate it, I know a number of women who take antidepressants to help manage irritability. It’s a common complaint among peri-menopausal women, but you’re too young for that.

Come back and log your training. I for one would be curious to read what you’re doing since I’m essentially an “armchair quarterback” at the moment.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I’m essentially an “armchair quarterback” at the moment.
[/quote]

Lol! And i thank you for that.

I’d also be interested in your training (given your high sex drive). What kind of program are you on? what kind of numbers are you pushing/pulling, ht/wt - give us some deets…inquiring minds (me) want to know.