Newfound Respect for Skinny Bastards

As a FFB I always hated the guys who had trouble gaining weight. Get a real complaint, Your biggest problem is a grocery bill.

Nearing the end of my first bulking phase I must tip my hat. Im up to 3200-3600Cals a day and I am sick and fucking tired of eating. How the hell do you guys shovel down over 4000Cals a day. Seriously, what tricks do you use to get that Cal count up? Im a full time student working 30 hour weeks and all week I’m on the run so I pack my bag full of almonds, protein bars couple whole wheat bagels and a MRP and still on a couple days a week its a pain in the ass to get down 3200Cals.

Here’s some tips…

Eat a big breakfast. Have a small meal/shake before working out and have your PWO shake after. Then, an hour after, eat an enormous meal in carbs and protein with no fat (mine’s usually 800 calories).

Eat in front of the TV… it makes it a lot easier to consume big meals.

Get big. The bigger you are, the more calories your body demands.

Keep doing it. You’ll get used to it. Don’t just jump from 2000 to 4000 calories in a day. Go up in small increments. A few months ago I thought 3500 was hard. Now I can easily eat that much and still feel hungry at times.

Lastly, keeping a fooddiary (fitday.com, etc.) is also a good idea, just to see what exactly you’re eating.

Peanut butter, and minimizing physical activity.

But I’ve still got a LONG way to go…

Never skip a meal, its raly not that hard if you cut it down into smaller meals than a giant one, Also, not to sound like a woman, but, “accesorise” your meals. If your having spaghetti, add meatballs and a few pieces of toast, or, use sauces or dressings on any kind of meat or ruffage you eat because some of them are pretty high in calories.

Since when you’re no longer hungry it’s a lot harder to get the saliva going, wash down sandwiches with whole milk. Then top off the stomach with more whole milk.
For a while I did 1.25 gallons a day, I’m going to get back into that in a couple weeks.

Protein shake at your bedside. ALWAYS HAVE nuts on you…not those nuts. Like somebody said, get up early enough to eat a big breakfast. And I know I’m going to get flamed for this but, for me I eat “dirty” 1 -2 times a day. Something like a chicken parm sub/protein shake and 2-3 iced teas, spag+meatballs. I know it’s not the best thing to eat but I have a decent metabolism and know that I can get away with it. You will put on some fat when bulking (it’s not an absolute) so you might as well enjoy it a little.

yeah, try to pack down 6000 clean calories a day. you know in willy wonka when that annoying girl puffs up into a blueberry? well thats how bloated i’ve felt for the past 2.5 weeks. 15 lbs. though :slight_smile:

breakfast shake:

8-12 oz milk/water
0.5 - 1 cup oatmeal
0.5 - 1 cup cottage cheese
1-2 scoops Low-Carb / Regular Grow!
1-2 bananas
(add chocolate powder like nesquik to taste if you are having trouble throwing it back)

gets you about 700-900 calories. Mine comes out to roughly 750 and its a great way to start the day.

a lot of protien shakes and milk.

Also one serving of determination and 3 servings of discipline.

Fats are a good way to increase calories for the day. In between meals throw down a handful of cashews and a glass of skim milk. 300 calories right there.

Also if you can find your own recipe for a big shake do it. I was dumping peanut butter, yoghurt, oatmeal, flax oil and protein powder in skim milk post workout. 1200 calories was my best one. Its a fair bit to drink, so dont expect to be running HIIT after that :slight_smile:

Have fun.

PS. You are not a skinny bastard unless 3500 kcal is what you eat for cutting. (j/k … sort of)