Newbish Westside Log

I’m 19 years old and around 90 kg

Best lifts so far (some are a bit old)
Close grip 107.5 kg
Floor press 110 kg
Parallel box squat 162.5 kg
Squat 150 kg (high bar and on a bad day)
Beltless deadlift with straps 190 kg (like 9 months ago)

Long term goal
Total 630 kg (220/160/250)
Now I guess I’m around 465 kg (160/115/190)

Short term goals
Not decided yet

I got across a Stormthebeach post about organizing your training so from next week I’m starting accumulation phase.It will probably be around 4-6 weeks followed by 2-3 weeks of intensification.At the moment I have no access to bands or chains but I’ll probably buy some the next 2-3 months

So I’ll go 5 weeks accumulation 2 intensification 1 deload

ACCUMULATION
Max efforts will be 5 rms.If I feel very strong that day I might do a 3 rm or some heave singles after my 5 rm.Dynamic effort will be for 20+ sets for time.Each week I’ll either up the weight or try to beat my old time.The main goal of this cycle is to build my gpp,put on some mass and prepare myself to hit some big pr’s on the int phase

Max effort lower movements:Parallel box squat,Very low box squat,Sumo deficit deadlift,Below parallel box squat,Good morning off pins
After I pull I’ll do front box squats(just wanna give them a shot) and after I squat stiff leg deadlift

Max effort upper movements:Close grip bench,Close grip floor press,Close grip incline,Close grip pin press,Seated shoulder press off pins
After that I’ll do a big set of dumbell press(like high incline 20sx50 reps) and then immediately go to heavy extensions

For dynamic lower it will be speed squats and deads and then stiff leg or romanian dumbell deadlifts for rep records(the one with the arched back)

For dynamic upper speed bench and then dumbell shoulder press for rep records

INTENSIFICATION
Heavy singles and doubles.I’d love to have bands but I don’t yet so for my dynamic work I’ll just use some higher percentages.Also accessories will be heavier

Max effort upper movements:Close-ish grip bench(hands somewhere between rings and the smooth part) and floor press with a competition grip
Then I’ll probably do some heavy lockouts not sure but I have time to figure it out

Max effort lower movements:Box squat either parallel or below,Low block pull with conventional stance
After the squat I’ll do a deadlift variation for a 3-6 rm and after the deadlift a squat one

After dynamic effort upper I’ll do something and after bench the same

And then deload for a week which means some heavy dumbell press for an 1 and 3 sets pr and for the lower body some rep squats or just light squats or no squats at all

MAX EFFORT UPPER(Cycle 1 Acc Week 1)

Close grip bench
20 kgx10,10
40x5
60x5
70x2
80x1
85x5
90x4 missed 5th
For some reason I was touching lower and on the 4th and 5th rep I was pressing on a straight line to the point that the bar was in front of my elbows.I know I had the 5th

Dumbell incline press
8x12
16x6
20x17

Barbell extensions to forehead
20x8
30x6
40x6

Pushdowns with straight grip
5 sets

Dumbell row
30 kg x 30 The pump on my lats was amazing after this.Also this is a rep PR

Seated side laterals
4 sets

Rear delt dumbell row(I stand somewhat upright and row high to my chest)
2 sets

EZ berbell curls
2 sets
I wanna get to 50 kg for reps on that.Around 10 would be nice

It was an ok workout.Nothing special.Now all I gotta do is eat everything on sight.Also I HATE 5 rms but I whatever

MAX EFFORT LOWER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 1)

Parallel box squat
20x10
60x5
80x5
100x5
120x5
130x5
I tried sitting way back on the box and it felt awful so I stopped at 130 kg

Stiff leg deficit deadlifts (Used 15 kg plates for these)
50x6
80x2
100x18
Had some more in me but I was pumped as fuck.Very pleased from this one

Single leg concentration curl
5x20,20

Leg extensions
Some sets of whatever just for the pump

Then I called it a day.Usually I’d do way more volume but my lower back was still to pumped.If I get my stiff leg def deads up to 120x15 I’ll pull some huge weights on regular deads so that’s a goal

DYNAMIC EFFORT UPPER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 1)

Speed bench
20x15
40x5
60 for 10 sets of 3 with a close grip and 6 of 3 with a close-ish.Missed on the 7th set the 3rd rep due to tricep fatigue.It flew up and stopped.All this was done in 13:57.Next week I’ll try to do 60x3x20 in less than 15 minutes

Dumbell shoulder press(all locked out)
6x10
16x5
20x13,5 Shoulders where fatigued

Tate press
6x12
10x26,17,15

Lat pulldowns with a close parallel grip
2 sets

Reminder:AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BENCH FIRE FROM THE LOWER TRICEP/ELBOW

MAX EFFORT UPPER(Cycle 1 Acc Week 2)

Close grip floor press
20x15
40x5
60x5
70x5
80x5
85x5
87.5x5 I had 1-2 more in me but left it there.Very happy considering last week’s 90x4 close grip

Dumbell incline (around 45 degrees)
8x10
14x8
18x25 These are brutal considering I bang the reps nonstop
ALL LOCKED OUT OFCOURZZZZ

Barbell throat extensions
20x8
30x6
40x6

Tate press(All paused at the chest)
6x10
10x8
12x22,13,13 I’ll use less cables and more barbell/dumbells for my extensions.Also I think getting them up to 16 kg for 20+ reps will benefit my bench a lot

Pulldowns with close parallel grip paused at the chest
Warm up
55x17,8.5,5
40x10 This should tell how hard my sets are

Side and rear raises
3 sets each

EZ barbell curl strict as fuck
Something.I’d love to bring it up to 50 kg for reps

MAX EFFORT LOWER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 2)

Low box squat
20x8,8 superseted with cable crunches for 15,15
60x5
80x5
90x5
100x1 I use 2 steps one on the other and it moved
100x5 Called a coach to keep it stable.Also putted some weight on and a mat in between them
110x5 It was tough.I wish I had a real box.This coach told me that he’s gonna make some boards so I may ask him for a box too
Reminder:NO SLEEVELESS T-SHIRT FOR THE SQUATS.EVER.THE BAR WAS SLIPPING MAKING MY SET TOUGHER

Stiff leg deficit deadlift(beltless)
50x4
80x2
110x15 Thought I was gonna throw up
I used a shitty fatter bar that we have for these and it challenged my grip nicely so I’m gonna use this one from now on

Single leg curls
2 sets

Some light leg press

I was feeling like I was gonna throw up so I left.I’ll go back tomorrow to do the core grip and lat work

Overall pretty good day.In such a low box the most I had done was 100x5 some months ago so pretty happy.Also I think I can pull around 160 at stiff leg deficit.So throw in a belt take off the deficit and a shitload of quads from the low hip position and 200 are right around the corner if my grip’s there

Maybe the most helpful video I’ve ever seen

DYNAMIC EFFORT UPPER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 2)

Bench press
20x10,10,10 superset with cable rows with the rope to upper chest
40x3
60x3x10 with a close grip and 10 with a close-ish done at 21:59 minutes
All the warm ups were done with a close grip
I tried not looking at the bar and it felt amazing

Dumbell seated shoulder press
6x10
14x6
20x13

Tate press
6x10
10x6
14x20,14,Something i don’t remember.I’ve written 14 but I’m not sure
So…FUCK YEAH 14x20 WAS A GOAL I HAD IN MIND.NOW I’LL PROBABLY AIM FOR 16x20 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Straight grip pushdowns
3 sets

High rows
3 sets with a little dropset at the end

Side laterals
2 sets
I do as many as possible and then put dumbells facing each other and kind of row them up.I saw it from Marc Lobliner so I’ll call it lobliner lateral

Rear flies
2 sets

Some curls

Overall very nice session.Although I hate the 20 sets of 3 I think all this practice will help my poor bench form.If the sessions keep going like this I’ll break some nice pr’s on int phase

DYNAMIC EFFORT LOWER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 2)

Parallel box squat
20x12
60x5
70x2
80x2x20 12:38 minutes

Deadlifts
60x2
100x1x10 5:44
Wanted to do 15+ but my lower back was fried.Maybe next time

Leg curls
3 sets

Low cable row
3 sets
The cable was so low that while I was sitting it was set lower than my balls

Front squat holds with clean grip
100 for 3 sets Felt too light
120 for 2 sets That’s heavy
130 for 1 set DAAAAAMN
I couldn’t count time so I kept each set for as long as possible(or nearly).I loved this exercise.I wanna get up to 140 kg for 20 seconds

Hanging leg raises
Bwx10,8,6

Dumbell shrugs
12x20x3

Overall very nice workout.I’ve also gained some weight.I’m up to around 95 kg gym weight.My goal is to get to 100 kg while keeping my waist under control.Then I’ll probably do a cut

MAX EFFORT UPPER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 3)

Close grip paused incline
20x20
40x8
50x5
60x5
65x5
67.5x5 It wasn’t even that hard.Probably had 1-2 more in me
Very pleased with this one.My best was 80 kg x 1 and the spotter had helped me a bit(stupid commercial gym spotters)

Dumbell incline press
6x15
12x6
16x36 Most were non stop and as fast as possible.All locked out

Barbell extensions to chin
20x8
30x6
40x6
42.5x6 I wanted to do paused on the floor but the gym was too crowded.Well whatever

Straight grip pushdowns
3 sets

Pulldown with parallel grip (not the very close one)
5 sets

Side laterals followed by Marc Lobliner laterals
3 sets

Rear delt flies
3 sets

EZ barbell curls
Something

Great workout.Triceps and delts have grown a bit.Also I’m at a 95.3 kg gym weight from the 88-89 kg that i was at the beggining of the log while I still have visible abs.I can’t wait to hit some singles on my int block

MAX EFFORT LOWER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 3)

Sumo deficit deadlifts (Used 15 kg plates for these)
50x8
80x3 No way I’m gonna do 5 reps on these
110x3 Already it feels heavy
130x3
140x3
150x3
160x2 My grip got loose on the top and my body rotated a bit causing me some hip pain.I stood back trying to hold myself from doing the 3rd rep
I don’t know if I have to play around with my grip.I grabbed the bar from the soft part
Anyway very pleased with these.I surely had 170 kg in me.Throw away the deficit and I think I have 4 plates.Great for a movement I’ve never done

Not doing any front squats to protect my hip

Single leg curls
5 sets

Leg press
Some sets going all the way down and stopping at the bottom some times.I only went up to 40 kg per side and my quads burned

Tried to do some cable rows but the cable was fucked up so I was like fuck it I leave

As I said my grip got loose on the last deadlift rep.Despite that I fully locked it and held it at the top for some seconds.That’s why I count that rep

DYNAMIC EFFORT UPPER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 3)

Speed bench
20x20
40x10
50x5
60x3x20 done in 18:24 10 sets with a close and 10 with a close-ish grip
Very pleased from that.I usually look at the bar and lose tightness but not this time.I kept looking up and form was perfect

Seated dumbell shoulder press
8x8
14x6
20x15 It might was 16 or 17.I’m pretty sure i miscounted one rep but better say 15 to be sure.Still a pr

Cable pushdowns
3 sets

Wide grip pulldowns
4 sets In some reps I stopped on the contraction.It feels so great yet it’s hard as fuck

Hammer curls
Something

I went in late so I didn’t feel like doing much volume.Still a great workout.These 20 sets of bench are a great form practice

DYNAMIC EFFORT LOWER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 3)

Parallel box squats
20x15
40x10
60x2
85x2x20 done in 11:25

Deadlifts
60x2
100x1x15 done in 3:40
Some of them where done with a wide conventional stance

Single leg curls
5 sets

Leg press
3 sets
The pump was amazing.I’ll start doing more leg press to failure

Cable row with a not so close parallel grip to low stomach
3 sets

Paused dumbell shrugs
3 sets

Front squat holds
Went up to 120 kg for 2 sets and in both of them I felt like my sternum would break.I might need to lean back a bit more but I don’t know if I’ll ever do this shit again.I’ll give zercher holds and high bar back squat holds a try

Leg raises
3 sets hanging and one with my arms resting on the pads

Great workout overall

MAX EFFORT UPPER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 4)

I’ve been sick the last couple of days,eating almost nothing and with my sleeping being all over the place so I got in expecting almost nothing

Close grip pin press (No more than 2 inches off my chest)
20x15
40x10
60x5
70x5
80x5
85x5
90x5 and it wasn’t even hard.WHAT THE FUCK.Is being sick the answer?

Dumbell incline
6x15
12x8
18x30 Is this real life 2 weeks ago it was 25.I think I could grind out at least one more but still A FUCKING PR

Barbell throat extensions
20x6
30x6
40x6
45x5 I barely started the 6th but there was no way I could hit it so I racked it.ONE MORE PR compared to the 40x6 from 2 weeks ago

Pushdowns
With almost no rest from the last exercise I threw in 10 kg(Usually work with 20.It’s a very hard cable)and did 45 straight reps

Pulldowns with a wide grip leaning back a bit and bringing the bar to the chin
3 sets
I loved them

1 set of side laterals

Amazing workout.I also look thicker that ever

Brace yourselves ranting post is coming
I’ve noticed that I do a great job on upper body days but the same doesn’t hold true for the lower body ones.So from now on I’ll do way more volume on stuff like leg curls and leg presses.Also I found my straps so I’ll do a shitload of shrugs,rows and shit like that.Also lots of ab stuff.I just learned that here in Greece the weight class up to 93 kg so I wanna fill out this weight class.So a bit fluffy 100 kg will do it.So let the eating begin.I’ve got around 7 kg to put on

MAX EFFORT LOWER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 4)

This day was as bad as it gets.Fuck my life

Parallel box squats
20x10,10
60x5
80x5
100x5
110x5
Everything moved slow as fuck.Even the 80 kg.And this set was hard even though I’ve done the same weight on a way lower box.After all those days of being sick I should expect something like that I guess.After that I left.Now all Igotta do is eat a shitload of food and dominate the next week
Despite all that I loved this height.And the fact that I’m that slow means there’s a weakness that need to be fixed.So I’ll switch to that box for my dynamic effort days

I’ll ask how much it costs to have a box made.I’m sick of squatting on steps

MAX EFFORT UPPER (Cycle 1 Acc Week 5)

Close grip paused seated press
I’d love to do it off pins but I’m in my home town and this gym has only 1 squat rack so whatever
20x15,15
30x8
40x5
50x3
54x3
60x3

Incline dumbell press
8x15
12x10
20x32 FUARRKKK

Dumbell skullcrushers
2x10