T Nation

Newbies Guide to AI and Estrogen Blockers

I've been frequenting this site for a while and never posted anything. Hopefully I can contribute some things. I have a few questions of my own.
Personal trainer/ massage therapist.
years training seriously 6
weight 205
body fat 10 %

So you're going to do your first or second cycle and you want to know how to PCT and what AI to use. During a cycle and after you need to control your estrogen levels (estrodiol) to prevent Gyno.

So there are several ways to control estrogen levels. The basic 2 principles are estrogen blocking and aromotase inhibiting.
AI's include Arimidex, Aromasin (exemestane) and letrizole.
Estrogen blockers include Nolvadex and Roloxifene

When testosterone is entered into your bloodstream after a while it will convert to estrodiol (estrogen). Think back to your biology classes in highschool. Remember the nucleus of the cell? Remember the cell membrane, the wall of the cell?

Picture the cell wall, outside of the wall floats all of the testosterone molecules. Outside of the wall is a big protein we will call the aromotase enzyme (henceforth known as the AE). The testosterone binds to the AE and is converted to estrodiol. The estrodiol is released from the AE and can now move into the cell nucleus. i suggest you youtube the process. there's a bunch of animated versions for medical students.

An AI works by interacting with the AE and preventing the testosterone from converting.
Adex competes with testosterone and binds to the AE for a period of time. The Test i believe, i may be wrong, is disposed of through the lmyphatic system and excreted if it is not used. (any other ideas?)
Exemestane is a suicidal AI and binds to the AE permanantly and destroys it. The body then has to build more AE which takes time. This can help with your PCT.

Letrizole is a 3rd class AI which is significantly more effective. I'm sorry I don't know how it works. I would very much like to know.

Nolvadex works after the test has converted to estrodiol and entered the nucleus of the cell. THe nolvadex will then bind to the estrodiol inside the cell rendering it ineffective. (I could be wrong).

Roloxifene is in the came camp as nolvadex, but sadly I don't know how it works. This is why posted this on here.

What is the difference in nolvadex vs roloxifene in mechinism and in it's effects on the body?

i tried to cover that all in these 2 threads:

Thanks Cyco
I read your posts.
I found nothing you posted on the difference in mechanism of Nolva vs Roloxifene.

Do you know the difference in mechanism of action?

[quote]helpmeimsmall wrote:
Thanks Cyco
I read your posts.
I found nothing you posted on the difference in mechanism of Nolva vs Roloxifene.

Do you know the difference in mechanism of action? [/quote]

they (like all SERMs) have different affinities for different estrogen receptors in the body.