Newbies: Before You Post Another Topic, Please Read the Stickies!

It seems that there is an overwhelming number of guys on the forum asking the same questions over and over again! Its frustrating for me and I’m surely not versed like KSMan who patiently responds to these guys. I know the the stickies are posted but is there any way to make them more prevalent and easy to find?

MODS: Is this possible? In my opinion, the info in these stickies are critical and answer most questions. Is there any way that you point somebody to the stickies if they are posting a new topic in the the TRT forum?

If I was running this, I would seek an auto response into any first threads in this forum, perhaps an automated email as well. Yes, there is duplication of effort.

You realize that this doesn’t only happen in T Replacement, right? Just about every forum has its own group of repeated topics.

It can be frustrating sometimes, sure, but at the end of the day you’re dealing with individuals and individual cases. In a perfect world, everyone would read the stickies. But in a perfect world everyone would know what their general calorie intake should be for their goal, they’d know how to squat, and they’d know when their training program was poorly designed. If I had a dollar every time I asked someone “What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?”, I’d have a shit-ton of dollars, but I’m going to keep asking anytime it’s necessary.

As it stands, the stickies are as blatant as they can be. They’re pinned to the top of the forum page and viewable to anyone in the section. When we had a half-dozen different stickies, people eventually didn’t read them, so creating more stuff to see doesn’t help. As I said, it’s not a problem unique to T Replacement, but the other forums are managing the issue fine.

[quote=“KSman, post:2, topic:228086”]
If I was running this, I would seek an auto response into any first threads in this forum, perhaps an automated email as well.[/quote]
De-personalizing the forum and creating bot responses isn’t what we consider a good idea. We want people helping people.

There’s really no room for logic in this discussion, Chris! LOL Yes, I’m sure it happens everywhere. The guys that come here seem at the end of their rope and are desperate for info. The researcher in me reads anything and everything related to my subject, I guess I thought others would do the same…

“De-personalizing the forum and creating bot responses isn’t what we consider a good idea. We want people helping people”.

T Nation is going to want as much human interaction as possible. That is what makes guys come back day after day. They have no reason to want to be a Wikipedia. Look up subject, get answer, go away. They want us to stay, get into the rest of the site. Feel a bit of loyalty to the site and the other guys on it. Read the ads

The guys here are pretty cool

While I see the logic on both sides, there is a need to post the stickies into every new guys post because they rarely are aware of them.

So instead of the software making the new guys aware of the stickies, I am forced to do this myself or allow the guys to flounder. If the new guys had the stickies auto-implanted into their first thread, I could service their informed questions.

If I did not paste stickies into guys’ first posts, this forum would suffer.

#Can we change topic title:
About the T Replacement Category
to
Stickies and About the T Replacement Category

@Chris_Colucci