Newbie With A Goal

Hi, I was referred here by Vermillion. I guess I should lead off with some background info

I’m 6’1" and 200lbs over the course of about 3 years I lost 65 lbs but I gained back about 20lbs in the last year. I lost the weight with (the dreaded) slimfast and an exercise bike. So yeah, I’m skinny-fat.

My kneecaps dislocate when I bend them so my quadriceps are severely atrophied, the mechanics of my knees mean my quadriceps aren’t used at all. They have gotten a bit worse recently, probably due to my exercise bike riding. I’ve started to do some straight leg raises to try and strengthen the quads but it’s pretty strenuous and leg extensions are impossible.

Ok, enough of the life story, I read on a productivity website that the best way to stay motivated is to set a goal that almost sounds impossible to you. I want to get fit & tan and have a photoshoot, I’ve got no self-esteem even though I have girls saying I’m hot on almost a daily basis, I still feel like the fat-kid who was teased all his life.

What would be a reasonable time frame for this?

Judgeing by your picture I would say 6 months 5 days 18 hours and 15 minutes

Yeah, it’s not the best picture of me…

well done thats the first time I have seen that

I guess I’m really asking for it posting my progress picture, but I’m nothing if not brave.

well, I’m going shopping for some home gym equipment on Monday.

[quote]Ysg wrote:
I guess I’m really asking for it posting my progress picture, but I’m nothing if not brave.

well, I’m going shopping for some home gym equipment on Monday.[/quote]

The only progress evident in these pictures is you learning to groom yourself.

when people said “don’t bother with the forums” I guess I should of listened.

no one knows how much weight you have to lose so no one knows how long it will take to lose it

no one knows how much muscle you want to put on so no one knows how long it will take to put it on

[quote]Ysg wrote:
when people said “don’t bother with the forums” I guess I should of listened.[/quote]

Maybe you should have. I don’t get what you wanted to hear. You want to get fit, get a tan and do a photoshoot. Ok, then do that. What does that have to do with anyone else? Your “progress pics” show a fat face with a beard and glasses going to a thinner face with no beard and glasses. For all we know, you lost ALL muscle mass along with any fat you may have dropped. First, who the hell posts a pic of their face as “progress” of their bodybuilding. Second, why would you be posting that “progress” when you lost weight on the starvation/Slimfast diet? You have accomplished what many housewives have accomplished. They usually gain all of that fat right back and more, however, because like you, they put no focus at all into lifting heavy weights.

It’s great that you lost some body fat, but went about it wrong and now you are asking for…what?

[quote]Ysg wrote:
when people said “don’t bother with the forums” I guess I should of listened.[/quote]

On the contrary, you should bother with the forums.

SEARCH
READ

There is a ton of information here.

Synthol full dosage. Shape muscles as desired.

[quote]4est wrote:
On the contrary, you should bother with the forums.

SEARCH
READ

There is a ton of information here.
[/quote]

Agreed. And don’t listen to whatever n3wb has to say - he’s some 15 year-old dipshit who can barely put a sentence together. Prof X otoh you should probably listen to.

[quote]JuliusA wrote:
Agreed. And don’t listen to whatever n3wb has to say - he’s some 15 year-old dipshit who can barely put a sentence together. Prof X otoh you should probably listen to.[/quote]

I really hate when some one makes a comment like this because there is 1000 different ways to tell them their a jack ass and I can never decide

[quote]n3wb wrote:
JuliusA wrote:
Agreed. And don’t listen to whatever n3wb has to say - he’s some 15 year-old dipshit who can barely put a sentence together. Prof X otoh you should probably listen to.

I really hate when some one makes a comment like this because there is 1000 different ways to tell them their a jack ass and I can never decide
[/quote]

Let?s see… you managed to write a tad over three short sentences and I can point out numerous mistakes:

• Some one: someone
  • there is: there are
  • their: they’re
  • jack ass: jackass
  • I will let the comma between the 1 and the 0 slide, ditto for the the lack of punctuation. Not to mention your total lack of imagination.

English isn’t even my first language. It seems like your suspension from school has hurt your little brain. I have seen dozens of dickheads like you pass by this site - my guess is that you won’t last very long.

Now, as someone in another thread said, kindly fuck off and step away from your daddy’s computer.

(And yes I do see the irony of telling somebody to ‘kindly’ fuck off).

smacks head
I’m a semi-veteran on another forum and here I go acting like a total noob. I’ll ignore n3wb from now on but Professor X is right.

I was at work so the “progress” pic was the only thing I had.

I’m going out monday to get a weight bench and some other things for a home gym and I’ll post some measurements over the weekend.

I’ll have to think about my final goal, I don’t want to get too bulked up because I won’t be able to get my legs to match.

[quote]Ysg wrote:
smacks head
I’m a semi-veteran on another forum and here I go acting like a total noob. I’ll ignore n3wb from now on but Professor X is right.

I was at work so the “progress” pic was the only thing I had.

I’m going out monday to get a weight bench and some other things for a home gym and I’ll post some measurements over the weekend.

I’ll have to think about my final goal, I don’t want to get too bulked up because I won’t be able to get my legs to match.[/quote]

you need to set some specific goal such as “weigh X amount of lbs by such and such date…”

Also I don’t understand your last statement… get a power rack, a bench, a barbell, dumbell handles, and a bunch of weight and you can effectivly build every muscle in your body

[quote]n3wb wrote:
no one knows how much weight you have to lose so no one knows how long it will take to lose it

no one knows how much muscle you want to put on so no one knows how long it will take to put it on[/quote]

see this ^ yeah that that means get some full body pictures up or delete the post and figure it out for your self because no one knows what the fuck you body looks like so how could any body help

my first post was a hint
“post a picture”

Then -J comes up and out of the blue trys to insult me WTF is this? why does it matter where the advice is comeing from then corrects my spelling and tells me I wont be around for long
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU “J” I dont give a shit what you think of me because I dont think anything of you

holy shit if I dont spell it out it goes right over your head Ysg then you
act like Im stupid? and you shouldnt have bothered with the forums? then you bring up your older forum you used to go to and you were a semi veteran? You were on the fucking slim fast diet and did you just write that you dont want to get to bulky?

damn this is getting depressing Im gonna check my settings for noobs I must have left it on

spell check this

yuoer booth fuccen anuyen

[quote]Ysg wrote:

I’ll have to think about my final goal, I don’t want to get too bulked up because I won’t be able to get my legs to match.[/quote]

We usually torcher, kill and randomly filet people who say ridiculous things like, “I don’t want to get too bulked up” when they haven’t even started. It takes EFFORT and years of work for someone to get anywhere near what you probably consider “too big”. You don’t even lift weights yet.

It’s a good thing you are setting those mental limits early. Don’t want to work too hard, ya know.

What the heck is up with your legs, did you get a traumatic nerve injury earlier in life or what? Why wouldn’t you be able to get them to match your upper body? How do your kneecaps dislocate? I’ve heard of people with knee pain because of OVERLY tight quads, but almost no one I’ve heard of gets knee pain because of underdeveloped quads. Maybe I’m just living under a rock…

Quit the “I have no self respect” self pity crap. You choose to let yourself be a victim. It only holds you back from your goals. You will never, ever, in your wildest dreams attain what you are too afraid to suffer for or work for. I was once the introverted skinny beanpole kid that everyone teased in middle school. Now I’m 40lb heavier. Not possible as long as I decided dreaming about being big(ger) and pitying my current state was more important than actually achieving it. That was years ago. In any case there are people to see about medicines if it’s a biochemical depression thing. Otherwise get of the wagon and get to work. Choose your priorities.

In scientific terms my legs are “totally fucked”

They took a turn for the worse recently so I’ve been bummed out.

Anyway, I can still walk, anything else I take on is a breeze.

so delete this thread, I’ll read the articles and just shut up and train.