Newbie - Weight Loss Plateau

I might need some help with this, this is so great, thank you so much for sharing and for helping. I swear I love this place…

05:00 Rise & Shine & HOT-ROX & 1 scoop of Whey Protein w/ coffee
05:30 Workout (Start sipping Surge or Surge equivalent)
06:30 PWO Drink (Conclude sipping Surge or Surge equivalent)
08:00 PWO Meal (45g P + 90g of starchy carbs + Fruit)
11:30 HOT-ROX
12:00 P+C (45g P + Fruit)
03:00 P+C (45g P + Fruit)
06:00 P+F (45g P + Olive Oil)
09:00 P+F (45g P + Flaxseed Oil)
09:30 Lights Out

^^^^^^
Why are there no veggies ???

Lucy, fibrous green veggies are “free.” I don’t usually add them into a person’s plan when I’m laying out the structure of things, but they can be consumed in any meal, all you want.

It’s a bit arbitrary, but I don’t consider peas, carrots or corn to be a fibrous green veggie. It doesn’t mean you can’t consume them, but they should be treated as more of a garnish.

I don’t think I saw the question here but what do you mean by snack sized meal? we are talking about how many cal here approximatively?

Thanks

Hey, there, neoplasme!

It boils down to what people think a meal is. Some people think of meals as being breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you only eat 3 meals, you have to eat to eat more calories at each meal. If you eat 5 or 6 meals, then you would eat a smaller amount … roughly half the size (or number of calories).

The goal with the approach is to eat at a slight caloric deficit, but to divide up what you DO eat so that you’re eating every 3 to 4 hours. Some of the benefits are:

• better energy levels
  • no sleepiness (or hypoglycemic attacks)
  • the metabolism stays rev’d up and doesn’t slow down

Good question!!! If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Hey Tampa Terry! i also have a suggestion and it comes with my diet…

First of all im 140 lbs and i am 5’8 in height…

I workout 5 days a week of weight training (hit a different muscle… chest, back , legs, etc) and 3 days a week of cardio 3 x 30 minutes of elliptical, stairmaster, bike, running etc… etc…

i work in morning so i am usually up the same time as this guy is at 5:30 or so … so my diet plan would be close to his

here is a sample of my diet… but before i show you this i would like to know that I am trying to gain a little bit of weight this summer i would like to get to 155 if not like 160ish to put some weight on me i look skinny…

i have great body physique as i have abs showing and am cut as i was 220 last year playing offensive line and tore my MCL and rehabed by doing cardio and now i eat pretty damn clean…

can you tell me what you think of my diet and tell me if I have enough fats, carbs, protein in each one of my meals… i should have 25g of protein each meal dividing my weight, so i tried the best i could

Wake up 6:30 (if i woke up at 5:30 change all the hours by 1)

Meal 1 7 a.m. - 1 bowl of All Bran Cereal w/ Skim Milk, Protein Shake (1 scoop whey 8 oz water), Banana … it is usually 2 bowls of all bran… but im thinking of changing it to a banana

Workout 8 a.m.

Post Workout Shake 10 a.m.: - 1 1/2 scoop whey, 20 oz Gatorade

Meal 2 12:30 p.m.: 8 oz Tuna on Whole Wheat Bread, loaded w/ veggies (lett, tom, cucumber, shreadded carrots, green pep, onion) apple, some PB on the bread

Meal 3 3:30 p.m.: 8 oz Chicken, 1 cup Sweet Potatoes, 1-1 1/2 cup veggies mostly green… beans or broccoli tab of olive oil on veggies

Meal 4 6:30 p.m.: 8 oz Chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 1-1 1/2 cup veggies again mostly green or small salad… tab of olive oil on veggies or salad

Meal 5 9:30 p.m. (Before Bed) : 1 cup of non-fat cottage cheese

i know it doesnt seem like much but i was wondering what i could add/drop and incorporate… thats just a bsic outline sometimes ill have eggs instead of tuna or chicken or maybe a steak for meal 4

i like to eat a wide variety of veggies / fruits and other things but sometimes i dont know where to incorporate them

any suggestions on the diet and or what to incorporate would be helpful…

supplement wise i only take whey protein… i dont take anything else i feel like thats all i need to make gains if used properly…

also what do u suggest postworkout… i have a whey shake and some gatorade cause its a high GI carb and it hits the system quick as it is starchy with some carbs and sugary to create a spike

i know this thread is about weight loss, but u seem very well organized when it comes to an outline of a diet and where you could help

ALso if you could incorporate what meals should have P C and F and for what times to help me scratch up a new diet if i Have to…

Thanks a lot!

Hey, there, LayzieBone085!!! I’m going to start a thread for you with your name on it in the Supplements & Nutrition forum. And I’ll respond there. That way you have a thread to come back to that’s yours, to ask your questions and report your results, and we can kick around any and all issues related to your goals.

Is that okay with you?

sounds great! ive been looking for help on my diet for a few months now! i really apprecaite your help! u seem very knowledgeable and the right guy to see! thanks for your help i apprecaite it

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
Lucy, fibrous green veggies are “free.” I don’t usually add them into a person’s plan when I’m laying out the structure of things, but they can be consumed in any meal, all you want.

It’s a bit arbitrary, but I don’t consider peas, carrots or corn to be a fibrous green veggie. It doesn’t mean you can’t consume them, but they should be treated as more of a garnish.[/quote]

duuudeeeeee! the amount of nutrients in veggies is amazing! not to forget that some, like broccoli, are high in fiber and protein (i think 2g fiber, 3g protein per cup). Fiber is key to keeping you full and it helps to regulate insulin respone, which is espcially crucial to P+F meals

i incorporate veggies/fruit in everyone one of my meals except my PWO shake… usually a banana for my breakfast before the gym and an apple in my PWO meal with my tuna sandwich then my last 3 meals i have veggies and my last meal of the day is some slow absorbing protein before bed like cottage cheese or caesin shake