Newbie Seeking Advice

Greetings,

I am new to TRT and to the forum, and yes, I have been reading and doing research on my own, but I would like to seek the guidance of those with experience.

I am 40 yrs old, 6’1" and 186lbs. My doc put me on a TRT dose of 50 mg Test Cyp every 5 days. My Estradiol levels came back on the high end of the spectrum, but within the lab ranges so it didn’t raise any flags. However, after 2 months of TRT my libido has gone down to almost non-existent and I’m wondering if I need an AI to stabilize things?

From what I have read, this could be a symptom of high E?

Not supposed to get bloods done for 3 more months, but I think my doc would be open to prescribing something based on symptoms. Thanks!

Move this to t replacement section

You should split your dose to inject 2 times a week

You need to self-inject T twice a week, subq with insulin syringes #29 1/2" 0.5ml works well, and you need to manage E2 with anastrozole.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Thank you! I have read the stickies and understand the concepts, however my doc has me injecting 50ml every 5 days for a total of 600mg a month. Would this same protocol work at that dose?

Im pretty sure most people on this page have a protocol of .25ml every 3.5 days which results in 100mg of testosterone per week. Yours seemingly to be around 135-150mg per week which is above most people, but maybe yours is needed to see how well you react first, once you’ve been on that protocol and had more bloods done you can adjust from there.

140mg/week, not unreasonable

At this point, the discussion needs lab results. With 5 days, your levels may be changing too much and then lab results can be greatly determined by lab timing.

50 ml is two ounces.

Thank you for the wisdom. At a dosage of 140mg/week do you think I need an AI? My doc mentioned it once, but my Estradiol was on the high end of the spectrum, but within bounds. However, I have noticed that 2 months into TRT at this dosage and my libido is way down, as are morning erections. Sorry to get into TMI details, but some stickies mention this as a symptom of high E. Thoughts are appreciated!

Yes, I believe that was the plan. Thanks for the response!

thanks man. we did that!

That’s OK, I’d assume that dosage would leave you on the higher sides of the spectrum. Of course once TT goes upwards, other things can change too. Like KSman said, once you get your lab work, you’ll then know if others have elevated. Good luck