T Nation

Newbie Progress W/ Pic

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Cookies don’t do anything good for you.

WHAT on the earthly fuck do you mean? Calories are calories, if you wanna grow, make friends with them. If you’re out and about and someone has a box of cookies and offers them to you, take them.

Professor, I kindly ask for you to explain this statement.

[/quote]

And I will “kindly” do so and tell you what the earthly fuck I mean. There seems to be a habit of beginners who also read these posts, not just the guy who asked the original question, to take everything word for word and ONLY do what was written with little thought of their own. If some kid reading this has a choice between a can of tuna, a hamburger and a box a cookies, they need to understand how those should be rated according to their own goals. Tuna has protein. That’s great, however, if you caloric intake has only reached that of starving POW’s for the day, you may want to take a look at that hamburger if you aren’t dieting down. I don’t eat cookies aside from rare occasions. I generally try to stay away from “empty calories”. I consider those to be things like cakes, doughnuts, Zingers and shit like that. Have I eaten them before? Of course. Are they are habit? No, they aren’t. I’ll take the food that contains more calories and also provides some protein, carbs and fats over something that is just simple carbs like that (aside from directly after training), depending on my goal.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Ryu13 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Cookies don’t do anything good for you.

WHAT on the earthly fuck do you mean? Calories are calories, if you wanna grow, make friends with them. If you’re out and about and someone has a box of cookies and offers them to you, take them.

Professor, I kindly ask for you to explain this statement.

And I will “kindly” do so and tell you what the earthly fuck I mean. There seems to be a habit of beginners who also read these posts, not just the guy who asked the original question, to take everything word for word and ONLY do what was written with little thought of their own. If some kid reading this has a choice between a can of tuna, a hamburger and a box a cookies, they need to understand how those should be rated according to their own goals. Tuna has protein. That’s great, however, if you caloric intake has only reached that of starving POW’s for the day, you may want to take a look at that hamburger if you aren’t dieting down. I don’t eat cookies aside from rare occasions. I generally try to stay away from “empty calories”. I consider those to be things like cakes, doughnuts, Zingers and shit like that. Have I eaten them before? Of course. Are they are habit? No, they aren’t. I’ll take the food that contains more calories and also provides some protein, carbs and fats over something that is just simple carbs like that (aside from directly after training), depending on my goal.[/quote]
Meh, I can agree with that.

I see this as a good place to pop weight gainer shakes into your feeding schedule. A number of users have posted some of these, with stuff like whole milk, cream, protein powder, peanut butter, olive oil etc. Definitely an easy way to get calories, especially if it tastes good. You can get as much as 1-1.5kcal in one of these bad boys. Give it a try. Just not right before MT training :slight_smile:

[quote]alownage wrote:
I see this as a good place to pop weight gainer shakes into your feeding schedule. A number of users have posted some of these, with stuff like whole milk, cream, protein powder, peanut butter, olive oil etc. Definitely an easy way to get calories, especially if it tastes good. You can get as much as 1-1.5kcal in one of these bad boys. Give it a try. Just not right before MT training :)[/quote]

This thread is half a year old.

AHAHAHAHAHA