T Nation

Newbie on TRT, Feeling Lightheaded and Foggy After Injection

I know different labs have different ranges, but I don’t think that number is crazy high. Check it next time you get labs. I’d consider adding DHEA.

Increased levels of GH and IGF-1 are normal during puberty and pregnancy but otherwise are most frequently due to pituitary tumors (usually benign). Elevated levels of IGF-1 usually indicate an increased production of GH. GH levels vary throughout the day, IGF-1 levels are a reflection of average GH production, not of the actual amount of GH in the blood at the time that the sample for the IGF-1 measurement was taken.

Regarding the antibodies, does your throat seems itchy and scratchy? I just found out yesterday I have Hashimoto’s Disease do to high antibodies and also high rT3, that itchiness and scratchiness was thought to be caused by my dry cough. Been unable to shake this cough for 6 months, immune system is too busy attacking my thyroid to fight this cough.

DHEA is on the low end.

An elevated MCV is also associated with alcoholism.

I also have a Defy consult appointment in the coming weeks.

No so much scratchy/itchy throat however when I shave my neck where thyroid is, I can feel razor going over something inflamed/swollen. Have also felt symptoms of hypothyroidism (sluggish, tired, moody, etc).

I may have 1-2 drink a week - never been a big drinker (more social).

I’ll be curious to see what Defy thinks about igf-1 being at 275 - based on research I wonder if I have benign pituitary tumor. Believe me , I’m not feeling any benefit of igf-1 at 275 lol.

Good luck with your Defy consultation. I’m hoping they get have me firing on all cylinders with TRT and everything else they recommend.

That’s a positive sign you have hypothyroidism, it’s called goiter. A goiter commonly develops as a result of iodine deficiency or inflammation of the thyroid gland. Symptoms that do occur might include swelling and a cough.

Good luck with your appointment.

Yes - I’ve read some about goiter and we do have family members on both sides of family (not immediate family) who’ve had goiters. It’s very subtle…really can’t feel anything; however as I shave on lower right side, I do feel the razor raise up over “something”. Guessing thyroid is inflammed.

One interesting thing about TRT shots (each 50 mg shot) - about 12-18 hrs after injection, I feel a little “off”(light headed, foggy brain, tired, anxiety) and then it subsides and then day 2-3 is better and by the time I am about to inject, I probably feel my best. I’m keeping a log of everything. Also body temps are still on low end

We must be twins because that’s exactly how I feel, as I get further away from my injection day I feel better. My body temps are fine though. My estrogen is double the normal range so that plays into it as well.

@systemlord : Defy consultation was better than I even expected (and it wasn’t even with Dr Saya). Super comprehensive and they clearly know their stuff. When is your consult? My meds arrive next Monday.

My consult is July 11th, back on an EOD protocol which in the past is the only protocol that produces excellent results minus the estrogen, hope estrogen doesn’t become a problem till that time. Extremely conservative at 16mg EOD.

@systemlord : They’ve bumped me to 150 mg a week of test cyp (inject 50 mg every MWF), hcg 500iu (inject 50 units twice a week), cytomel for my thyroid issue, metformin for better glycemic control, DHEA 25 mg. my E2 was at 10 but they did prescribe me anastrozole (.125 mg) ONLY if I have E2 symptoms but will hold off on that for now.

Will get labs in 3 months and see where we are. Defy rocks!