Newbie Needs Tips/Suggestions

As the post says, i have been researching into bulking up and reducing body fat while improving my stamina and fatigue etc.

Im 32, 12 stone with maybe 12% body fat, I have been researching and studying for the last few months now, i used to train over 13yrs ago, 3x a week and mainly weights, but my diet was poor, then a motor cycle accident stopped it all. Was 11 stone, hit over 14 over my injury, since then got down to 12. Only since recently i have been given the go ahead to train again and i want to do it right for myself.

Looking for tips on reducing body fat, cutting, bulking, per warm up an after work out meals, Suggested supplements, routines, sets weights the works really. Been looking at work out supplements, bulk supplements , supplements for more push during work outs, and helping keep my

Currently taking creatine 5g 4x a day, plenty of water, oats, brown bread, proteins etc, picking up some whey protein in a few days, looking at SEMTEX, MASS Bulk system, even a friend mentioned M1T’s, which i looked into. Basically im reading nothing but information and or great advertising, so i thought i would ask.

Thanks for reading

[quote]Gr33ny wrote:
Looking for tips on reducing body fat, cutting, bulking, per warm up an after work out meals, Suggested supplements, routines, sets weights the works really. Been looking at work out supplements, bulk supplements , supplements for more push during work outs, and helping keep my
[/quote]
Yep, that pretty much sums up the this site.

Start with the articles tab above and read until you have a specific question.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Gr33ny wrote:
[/quote]
Yep, that pretty much sums up the this site.

Start with the articles tab above and read until you have a specific question.
[/quote]
Iv read them all and i know more information then i can make sense of,my question was on a basic level or ‘in laymans terms’ for my brain to process, thanks

[quote]Gr33ny wrote:
Currently taking creatine 5g 4x a day[/quote]

That’s a fucking insane amount of creatine. All you should need is 5g of monohydrate once a day.

Anyhow, the training routine you settle on will be about 1000000000000000x more important than any supplement you take. (Btw I would only recommend creatine and protein).

Here are a few training programs you can look into:
5/3/1
Juggernaut Training
Cube Method
Starting Strength
some kind of 5x5

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Gr33ny wrote:

That’s a fucking insane amount of creatine. All you should need is 5g of monohydrate once a day.

Anyhow, the training routine you settle on will be about 1000000000000000x more important than any supplement you take. (Btw I would only recommend creatine and protein).

5/3/1
Juggernaut Training
Cube Method
Starting Strength
some kind of 5x5[/quote]

Was following the creatine instructions. Been reading the programs mentioned in here and the German strength training sounds appealing as iv been currently super setting my reps at present but 20 at 20kg

You are WAY too concerned with supps. They aren’t nearly even 10% of the equation.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
You are WAY too concerned with supps. They aren’t nearly even 10% of the equation.[/quote]

Im just covering all bases to take advantage of a work out, before during and after, or if my intake isnt enough proteins oils etc

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Gr33ny wrote:

5/3/1
Juggernaut Training
Cube Method
Starting Strength
some kind of 5x5[/quote]

I’d do a run of one of these programs first. The german volume programs are not for beginners/ coming off a layoff

Just get started, and try to keep learning. Seems like a lot of beginners want all the information before they start working, and i do understand the intention to “do things right”, but i get the idea that a lot of posts like this, the OP doesnt start lifting, and doesnt start a diet plan until they think they have it figured out. Sometimes that point doesnt even happen.

So, if youve done some reading like you say: pick a program you think you can stick to, take some simple diet tips and get some time under the bar. Dont worry about supps yet, but if you really cant avoid em creatine is always good. Keep reading and learning, but for gods sakes, start lifting, like, now.

Except rare cases, stay away from machines!