Newbie Needs Advice on 5/3/1 Powerlifting Variation

First time on this forum and glad to be here what’s up fellas and ladies. Just a brief history I’m a 44 yrs young and started lifting seriously about 7 months ago and I started with 5/3/1 BBB and along the way I have made some really awesome gains. As of 6 weeks ago I started on the powerlifting variation in Beyond 5/3/1 I completed my 5th week and was well on my way to my 5/3/1 week of the cycle.

But It just so happened that week was Thanksgiving Week and basically life the holiday and all it’s festivities made that I did not train that week. So my newbie ass took it like a deload week and just started the following week full steam ahead didn’t look back and started my 5/3/1 week like it was nobody’s business. 5/3/1 Squats with the 1+ set @ 310lbs for 3 reps 1 joker set @TM 325 I had 2 more planned but decided to autoregulate and quit there but went on to do a first set last for multiple sets of 275lb35 .

I programmed squats and deadlifts on the same day. I went on to do deads@345lbs53. It was a grind your teeth white knuckle training day.I’m gonna continue the week the same way I started but the 7th week should be my deload but technically In my demented mind I have taken a deload already so I would like to ask what would be my best course of action after this week…???

I personally just go straight into the next six week cycle, when in similar situations. Not ideal but I don’t see the benefit of deloading twice, especially as Christmas week tends to also be an unintentional Deload as the gym shuts.

[quote]smorri23 wrote:
I personally just go straight into the next six week cycle, when in similar situations. Not ideal but I don’t see the benefit of deloading twice, especially as Christmas week tends to also be an unintentional Deload as the gym shuts.[/quote]

Thanks for the Advice those where my thought’s exactly…!!!

[quote]smorri23 wrote:
I personally just go straight into the next six week cycle, when in similar situations. Not ideal but I don’t see the benefit of deloading twice, especially as Christmas week tends to also be an unintentional Deload as the gym shuts.[/quote]

Just wanted to add to my response. As someone who started lifting seriously 7 months ago I had never deviated from the plan as written but the Holiday came thru and threw a monkey wrench in the works leaving me to think that maybe I should back up a week and then deload but then I thought dam!! Christmas is right around the corner and to deload again? I chose to just suck it up and knock it out. Yesterday turned out to be a better day than the last on my Joker sets I hit a new PR on bench 255 lbs after knocking out on my 1+ set 220 lbs for 7 strong reps. So it’s probably not all that bad to just continue going forward and not look back…