Newbie - Need Help with Snatch Training

Wanting to take my training to the next level and researching Snatch Lifting. I’ve attempted it a couple of times, though I’m not getting enough power and stability in my ‘pull phase’.

Tried a few different things that have been suggested, though I think I need to go right back to basics and from research I’ve done I’m thinking it’s all to do with my hips (despite being told that my form looks good). What are your thoughts? Any other suggestions that might help me? I should just bite the bullet and see a PT. Just wanting to do my own research first.
Cheers!

I would bite the bullet and see a weightlifting coach. Your form may look okay, but it would be best to have an experienced eye on you. It takes a pretty decent athlete to be able to learn on their own. Plus, when you’re learning on your own, most lifters will think too much during their lifting that it inhibits the training effect.

[quote]ben2014 wrote:
(despite being told that my form looks good)[/quote]
Who told you this? Odds are good their opinion on what a snatch looks like isn’t worth the time it takes to say it.

[quote]ben2014 wrote:
I should just bite the bullet and see a PT.[/quote]
Like olylifter106 said, don’t see a PT, if you’re going to see somebody find a decent weightlifting coach.

[quote]olylifter106 wrote:
I would bite the bullet and see a weightlifting coach. Your form may look okay, but it would be best to have an experienced eye on you. It takes a pretty decent athlete to be able to learn on their own. Plus, when you’re learning on your own, most lifters will think too much during their lifting that it inhibits the training effect.[/quote]
this

[quote]ben2014 wrote:
Wanting to take my training to the next level and researching Snatch Lifting. I’ve attempted it a couple of times, though I’m not getting enough power and stability in my ‘pull phase’.

Tried a few different things that have been suggested, though I think I need to go right back to basics and from research I’ve done I’m thinking it’s all to do with my hips (despite being told that my form looks good). What are your thoughts? Any other suggestions that might help me? I should just bite the bullet and see a PT. Just wanting to do my own research first.
Cheers![/quote]

Where do you live? Maybe I can help point you in the right direction to a coach.