Newbie, Looking into Competitions

Hi,

I am new to all this and have no idea where to start. I have been in the weight room/cardio room for the last 5 years. I just completed, well 6 months ago, my personal certification through ISSA and I now want to get serious. I want to enter either a fitness competition or bodybuilding competition.

I don’t even know how to choose which one I would be better at. I am a 36 year old mom of 2 boys with 2 jobs but I really really really want to accomplish this. I am prepared to do what it takes to do this. I am located in a small town where no females have ever competed before. Obviously, I am looking for the possibility of 2011 becasue I have a long way to go…I need help and where do I start?

I have a read a few articles by Wet Wolf on here…I suppose that’s where I need to begin? I just need HELP!

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/

there are more folks on the other side that could steer you in the right direction.

Thanks, I will keep reading. Any suggestions on where to look for nutrional guidance? AFter reading I believe that is the first place to start.

I think the best place to start is train really hard and observe how your body responds. Try dieting down and see how lean you get. I suppose it depends on your body, and what type of look you are ultimately going for.
I also want to compete, probably in 2011, I am currently deciding between bodybuilding, and power lifting.

_Mel