Newbie Looking for Some Advice

Hello- my friend told me about this website and I’ve recently run into an issue that I hope someone here can help me with.

My boyfriend plays hockey about three times a week, and works out three days a week when he’s not playing (he takes Sundays off) but the problem he’s running into is that he’s so sore from working out, that he’s having a hard time getting the kind of workout that he really wants.

Is there something he can take that will help with the muscle-soreness (besides ibuprofen)? I would really like to find a natural solution to this problem. He doesn’t take any supplements, just a multi-vitamin a day, and only that because I give it to him with breakfast.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Surge after workouts greatly reduces my soreness and speeds recovery.

Thank you. We’ll give it a try.

Are there any particular foods that help? Or, conversely, things that he should avoid?

a good post workout shake like Surge will work wonders as all the experts say post workout nutrition is one of the most important things as far as recovery is concerned. another supplement that makes a great difference to me anyway are BCAA’s.

As far as particular foods are concerned, nothing really hinders recovery. what will help is eating more clean food in general ie. lean meats, eggs, veggies, wholewheat pasta/bread. In my experiance if someone is constantly sore they’re either not eating enough, sleeping enough or they’re just working too hard and their body can’t handle it.

Hope that helps

Stick it in…oh, wrong forum.

I really like contrast showers. They work rather well for reducing DOMS. Surge and BCAAs peri-workout should help as well.

It also could be that between the workouts and hockey, he is overtraining. He may want to try tweaking his routine, and/or cutting back on the hockey. Massage is also good - that way you get to participate! :slight_smile:

Cutting back on the hockey isn’t really an option, since he’s on a hockey team. I will suggest that perhaps he modify the other days’ training regimen though.

Thank you to everyone for all of your advice!